SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by BD Flyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 19, 2009, 08:27 PM
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
I went out to the field a couple hours ago for the maiden flight.

After flying one of my other planes, I got the AP Slow Stick ready. I taxied around, and lined up to take off. I gave it 3/4 throttle, and off it went. But it was not taking off. So I cut it off, and brought it back to my field box to adjust the motor mount for more up thrust. But I forgot one thing... the stupid pliers to get the bolt off of the motor mount...

Since I was about 10 minutes away from my house and it was getting dark out, I decided to get on last flight in with my other plane, and than I headed home. This whole week looks pretty good so far (5-10mph mostly)... so I will most likely get to re-maiden this plane any day.
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2009, 08:31 PM
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkman817
I love when the forecast is "light and variable." Of course, here in TN, forecasts generally don't mean a whole lot.

I've been watching your build for a while. Can't wait to see how the maiden goes.
Yeah, I love that too. There's not too many days where there is little to no wind.
So when ''light and variable'' comes up in the forecast, it is pretty exciting.

I will remaiden it tomorrow if the wind is not above 10mph.

As always, I will let you guys know.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:44 PM
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Much needed update

Wow, I forgot all about this thread.

I maidened this plane a while ago. It was a successful maiden, but it was a bit nose heavy and the motor needed to be angled up more. Other than that this plane is going to fly great once it's all balanced and angled correctly. I did take an onboard video and will try to upload that later on. Sorry for the long delay....

Bill