HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2001, 11:47 AM
Narr, RI ,USA
Joined Dec 2000
33 Posts
15X8 prop//where to get one for the AF615G

I can't seem to find a 15X8 prop for my Astroflight 615G ..the biggest I have found
is a Master Airscrew 13X10 which draws 19 amps at 269watts with 12XRC2400. Is there a electric prop out there?

Thanks Guys!!
crux is offline Find More Posts by crux
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2001, 12:18 AM
Houston,TX
Joined Mar 2000
1,217 Posts
The APC thin electric series now goes up to 18x10. I assume this is the superbox AF15 not the stardard box?
ScottS is offline Find More Posts by ScottS
Old May 10, 2001, 12:32 AM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Crux
I always order direct off APC's webpage, good delivery, no problems there at at and same prices as anywhere else.
http://216.90.204.93/docs/index.html

Takes you there. They have a lot more props than any shop could stock, and the E range is constantly expanding faster than the rest - so I don't feel bad over MO vice buying at LHS. You could use the 15 x 8 glow prop if you need that size. Make sure you really balance it up, they come pretty weighty at that size.

If they havn't got to 15 x 8 E, consider a 14 x 10 or 14 x 12 which do come in E type. After trying most of their 12" + E props, all the rest have taken up home decorating duty for me

Regards

Dereck
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old May 10, 2001, 08:54 AM
Lynnwood, WA USA
Joined Jan 2000
547 Posts
Hey Dereck,

I was at the website and the largest E prop I saw was a 14x7E, then a 13x6.5E. Everything else was 12 or less.

Where did you see the 14x10 and 14x12 on the website?

MMGM
MMGM is offline Find More Posts by MMGM
Old May 10, 2001, 09:50 AM
Visitor from Reality
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
MMGM
Interesting - it's only a couple of weeks since I ordered a load all the way to 16 or 17 x 10.

I couldn't get into a lot of the pages through their site search facility yesterday, but did get into their complete listing, which isn't, if you catch the drift.

Amendment to the above - just tried to go shopping there and found a notice that their shopping cart system is off line "for a couple of days"

I know I aren't dreaming that 17 x 10 - it's in a drawer, defying me to let it loose on the CAP!

Dereck

[This message has been edited by Dereck (edited 05-10-2001).]
Old May 10, 2001, 01:16 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,729 Posts
APC has a 15-10 "E" prop, but not a 15-8 (well they might, they seem to be adding props hourly, the just added the 5x5 & 6x3 folders. I talked to them yesterday and they are have problems with their web provider, they're aware that their search and direct order systems are not working.

I have all the APC E props in stock except the 17 & 18" sizes, no one has asked for them, I'll get a few with my next order.

Azarr
www.azarr.com

Quote:
Originally posted by crux:
I can't seem to find a 15X8 prop for my Astroflight 615G ..the biggest I have found
is a Master Airscrew 13X10 which draws 19 amps at 269watts with 12XRC2400. Is there a electric prop out there?

Thanks Guys!!
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old May 10, 2001, 04:44 PM
Narr, RI ,USA
Joined Dec 2000
33 Posts

I did'nt see the listing on
APC's PROP LIST page but it seems they do make them..I just got a Kontronik 50-6-14
today. No Rx battery needed for 4 servo's
I'm stoked! I'm pretty sure I am the only Rhode Islander Flying sport electric. So thanks again for the help.
Old May 10, 2001, 05:39 PM
Visitor from Reality
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
crux
Where did you get that Kontronic 50-16-4 ESC from?

Sounds just the ticket for my new ten cell ship - wood cutting starts next month after the funfly.

Imagine a cross between a Slowpoke (looks) Lazy Bee (weight and attitude) and a CAP 232 (aerobatics )

Regards

Dereck
Old May 11, 2001, 12:19 AM
Houston,TX
Joined Mar 2000
1,217 Posts
Seems APC is must have been doing some work on their website. You might call New Creations, they carry all the APC-E props. I am quite sure I saw a up to a 18x10 on the rack last time I was there, Dereck isn't dreaming.
ScottS is offline Find More Posts by ScottS
Old May 11, 2001, 12:46 AM
Rhode Island
Joined Oct 2000
585 Posts
Crux,

No, you're not!

BobK is offline Find More Posts by BobK
Old May 11, 2001, 08:59 AM
Narr, RI ,USA
Joined Dec 2000
33 Posts

Dereck, Northeast Sailplane,,here is the URL

http://www.nesail.com/elecaccess.html

The ESC makes cool tones on start-up and when you move the throttle.It also has circut protection..I had a great experience ordering from NESAIL!!!

BobK, Good for you!!! I stand corrected.
Are you a South County Flyer? I belong to
Rhode Island Aeromodeleres. At least I would if they ever send me my membership card and gate code. Ever go to Ray's hobbies and talk about electrics? They have a nice Wingo for ya!!..I'd like to fly with you some time. My e-mail is: mr_crux@msn.com
Old May 11, 2001, 09:41 AM
Rhode Island
Joined Oct 2000
585 Posts
I belong to RIA but I don't get down to Beede Field much; I do most of my E-flying in the soccer field behind McCoy Stadium when it's not full of joggers and/or people playing soccer which seems to be all the time now that the weather is good. I ran into Mike Carnevale at Ray's, showed him my 2001 AMA card and wrote him a check for dues and he gave me the gate combo on the spot which is a good thing since I'm still waiting on the club card; in the meanwhile I just use my AMA card on the frequency board.

Never saw a Wingo in Ray's but he has a couple SoarStars, in fact that's where I bought mine last year. I know he sells a lot of electric stuff but I've never run into any other E-flyers there.

We definitely have to hook up, I'll drop you an Email!

-Bob
BobK is offline Find More Posts by BobK
Old May 11, 2001, 10:36 AM
Build'em and Crash'em
Narragansett, RI
Joined Oct 2000
3,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by crux:

I did'nt see the listing on
APC's PROP LIST page but it seems they do make them..I just got a Kontronik 50-6-14
today. No Rx battery needed for 4 servo's
I'm stoked! I'm pretty sure I am the only Rhode Islander Flying sport electric. So thanks again for the help.
Hey Crux and BobK you are not the Only guys in RI flying Electric. I fly electric sport all the time. I am a member of the South County RC club. I have a Viking, Skyvolt, Bearcat on Astro 05Gs and an EasySport on an Astro 40G. The TF Mustang and HOB F-86 are both on the building table.

Ken

Ken Lapointe is online now Find More Posts by Ken Lapointe
Old May 11, 2001, 04:47 PM
Narr, RI ,USA
Joined Dec 2000
33 Posts

-BobK, RIA!! I think it's a crazy place.
I've seen people loose thier planes on the other side of Rt.95 ,,so many crashes ..It's not that much fun ducking dead sticks and trying to fly with all the noise and confusion..There are also dead spots all over the place,I lost my Razor to one. It's nice when there are 1 or 2 other people there though. I was kidding about the Wingo...every time I see Ray he either try's to sell me a Wingo or drags me over to the engine display--I like Ray very much..Thinking of joining his club.
Let me know where and when and I'll meet you mabye at RIA field some time. Bring a helmut

-Ken LaPonte,, Nice quiver of planes!
I am suprised ..that makes 3 of us!!! Any more out there???? Do you fly at the turf fields in back of URI? Is the area good to fly... I've done a lot of fishing behind URI and see a combat plane once in a while.

Are you guys going to the Baloon festival at URI? I will be there. Don't know if I will bring planes.

I have 1 1/2 Razors,Yard bee, Electrostreak , Giles 202 50" Astro 610g FAI and just off the bench my own design called TWEAK ..That is what I wanted the 15X8 for in the first place.
Good to know I'm not the only non-slimer around here!