HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:08 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,222 Posts
You might have to wind a pair of side-by-side stator arms with one winding to get the ESC to see it as a single arm, wouldn't you?

According to this table 6N4P and 6N8P would work with ABC winds:

http://www.powerditto.de/Kombinationstabelle.html

I guess the real question is if the ESC will see the pairs of stator arms as one arm or not.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:05 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
Not sure what this wind should draw but it came out as 2 amps without a prop. No heat. Does that sound right? Seems a little high. The esc works OK on other BW stock 1700 kv motor.
That does seem pretty high, or at least it's more than twice the highest no load current I've measured on any RBW rewind. What wind did you do again?

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:43 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite View Post
That does seem pretty high, or at least it's more than twice the highest no load current I've measured on any RBW rewind. What wind did you do again?

Kev
A friend did it. I'll recheck it. He wound it as a really high kv motor
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:48 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
10,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather View Post
8p nn-ss-nn-ss
nn-ss-nn-ss is 4magnetpoles, not 8.

You can wind across more than one tooth but you get more useless wire in the winding heads.

Vriendelijke groeten Ron van Sommeren
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:09 PM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron van Sommeren View Post
nn-ss-nn-ss is 4magnetpoles, not 8.

You can wind across more than one tooth but you get more useless wire in the winding heads.

Vriendelijke groeten Ron van Sommeren
My bad, I should have put a ... or etc. after nn-ss-nn-ss. There are 16 individual magnets altogether rearranged for 8 magnetic poles.
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:25 AM
Bacon
United States, TX, Humble
Joined Mar 2011
180 Posts
A while back I acquired a turnigy 2730-3000 motor from a guy on here. I was told that it was one of your rewinds. I have been running it on a 10amp esc with a 8x6 prop with a up to a 1300mah 3s for a while now. Recently it has started to just tick back and forth when I give it power and won't actually spin. I haven't ever attempted rewiding and don't really want to take that on at this time. Also, I have 2 more new Hextronic 3000kv motors that I can't run on 3s with an 8" prop. I'm wondering if they could also be rewound so that they perform like this one. When I run the r&b wonder next to a 1500kv blue wonder, it has about double to power running on the same power system. I sent timocharis a PM but haven't heard back. Any chance one of you guys would be willing to rewind some of these for me? For a price of course.

Thanks!
super_dork is offline Find More Posts by super_dork
Old Jun 26, 2013, 03:57 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
If anyone has a blue/red in a 1300 or 1500 or a similar rewind for sale please PM me.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Jul 01, 2013, 08:00 AM
Will work for foam
United States, WI, Muskego
Joined Apr 2005
1,502 Posts
super_dork - You are running an 8x6 prop with a 3S battery on a 3000kv motor? i am surprised that it lasted more than 30 seconds. Something has definitely fried. My guess is that it's the ESC, but it could be the windings. I would try another ESC first. If that does not make it spin, then its the windings.
wingnutt is offline Find More Posts by wingnutt
Old Jul 01, 2013, 02:20 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_dork View Post
A while back I acquired a turnigy 2730-3000 motor from a guy on here. I was told that it was one of your rewinds. I have been running it on a 10amp esc with a 8x6 prop with a up to a 1300mah 3s for a while now. Recently it has started to just tick back and forth when I give it power and won't actually spin. I haven't ever attempted rewiding and don't really want to take that on at this time. Also, I have 2 more new Hextronic 3000kv motors that I can't run on 3s with an 8" prop. I'm wondering if they could also be rewound so that they perform like this one. When I run the r&b wonder next to a 1500kv blue wonder, it has about double to power running on the same power system. I sent timocharis a PM but haven't heard back. Any chance one of you guys would be willing to rewind some of these for me? For a price of course.

Thanks!
I'd be happy to help. No labor charge, just buy a couple rolls of some prescribed wire. I enjoy winding but have had to slow down as I am creating motors faster than I can build new frames. I'll have them done within a couple of days.
zeroback is offline Find More Posts by zeroback
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 01, 2013, 08:33 PM
Now where did I leave my jar?
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,101 Posts
Super, just because it says 3000kv on the outside doesn't mean it was still 3000kv once it was rewound. If you were using an 8" prop successfully for some period of time, then it was probably rewound to around 1500kv. A true 3000kv B&R Wonder uses a 4" prop on 3s.
Murman is online now Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2013, 02:39 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
Ohh boy, I did 20T 26g on the hex 24g, and I figured at least 2 more turns can go on. I finished 2 phases, but this third one is really gonna hurt my fingers. the layers are 8-7-7. Crazy stuff, and it will probably be wye to turn a 10 inch prop super efficiently, or else I'll go to 27g or 28g and do more turns on the next one. It was tempting to do a YY instead for more flexibility in changing the KV to get ~1750kv for some crazy fun on a 7x6 prop in the stryker, but I decided that I could maybe try that on another one...
KillerCut is offline Find More Posts by KillerCut
Old Oct 02, 2013, 09:40 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
Ajajaj, I finished it, but the efficiency at certain power levels is only marginally better. The KV is definitely lower than the 20T, for the 20T it topped out at 145W with 715grams of thrust on a GWS HD 8x4, this one topped out at 120 watts and 635grams of thrust, same prop. Hopefully the difference will be there with the 10 inch props, but I'm not switching the 20T back to Wye to compare again (I switched it to delta for some efficient fun on the stryker). Well maybe the numbers are a little off because the lipo wasn't fully charged this time. I'll check again in the morning.
Old Oct 02, 2013, 10:27 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,265 Posts
did you Read.. the First 75+ pages ? I believe all your questions/concerns have been previously dealt with..in detail.. IIRC.
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Oct 03, 2013, 09:09 AM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
what do you mean? Of course I did not read the first 75 pages. Most of this thread is just specs for different rewinds. And how many people have done rewinds with KV below 1000? I still haven't seen one. Anyways, it seems that the GWS HD 8x4 is the most efficient prop I currently have. More are on their way. But, I have a feeling this small motor just cant run that great with a 10 inch prop, in any case I probably wont get much better than 10grams per watt at the lower throttle settings.. Although, by my calculations bigger motors/props can achieve 11grams per watt, but I just cant use a motor that big.
Old Oct 03, 2013, 04:08 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
phew, 2 really long flights. 1st was messing around down low, flying between trees and climbing up a little to see the climb rate, 44 minutes on a 950mah 3s. 2nd flight I wanted to set it at minimum climb and let it go high. I noticed that below tree level its a little harder to climb. Then at like 800ft it really takes off, I kept having to lower the throttle constantly but I couldn't keep (lowering the throttle fast enough) and it hit the clouds and I almost lost it (didn't see the plane, which I set into a spiral dive for about 30 seconds), that flight took 49 minutes (not the time it would take to get to the clouds, I was mostly trying to keep it at around 400ft.) So i'll do the math in a second and figure out what the Watts per hour is, my brain is fried from looking at the small dot for so long.

So that's 14.4watts average for the messing around flight, and 13watts average for the slow and steady climb flight (if I consider the lipo to have full capacity 11.1x.950). Not bad at all, imagine it was a glider, I would still be trying to kill the first battery, lol.

I guess that since the KV is so low, the difference in power needed from just keeping it level and climbing/flying at higher throttle, is very small (under 1.4 watts).

With stabilization I probably could have done the whole 60 minutes I was hoping to get, but I need to order another one...
Last edited by KillerCut; Oct 03, 2013 at 04:23 PM.