HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2011, 08:52 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes View Post
Download the rewind-BW.zip file from Trug's blog page, that is an Excel spreadsheet that has pretty much all of the details on all of the winds for the red and blue Wonders.

You can download the free OpenOffice.org application suite to run the spreadsheet with if you do not have Excel.

Jack
i wouldnt have a clue how to download from OpenOffice.org i just went to the web page but cant find the correct download it just takes me to a directory page
gazza2003au is offline Find More Posts by gazza2003au
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2011, 09:04 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,947 Posts
Go to this page, read down to find your language, read across to find your operating system, click on download and it will start it. It is a big file but it is free and works great.

http://download.openoffice.org/other.html

Save the *.zip file, extract the BW.xls file, double click it and it will run the spreadsheet.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Last edited by jackerbes; May 11, 2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old May 11, 2011, 09:05 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,481 Posts
Quote:
Go to this page, read down to find your language, read across to find your operating system, click on download and it will start it. It is a big file but it is free and works great.

Save the *.zip file, extract the BW.xls file, double click it and it will run the spreadsheet.

Jack
installed thanks heaps thats a great link all the info i need is on that file to rewind the motor exactly what i was looking for much appreciated
Old May 11, 2011, 09:17 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza2003au View Post
installed thanks heaps thats a great link all the info i need is on that file to rewind the motor exactly what i was looking for much appreciated
I for got the link and you found it anyway, you're a pretty smart feller!

Trug and those guys have sooo much good free info!

And don't forget Manuel_V's free Turn Calculator 5 so you can play with the turn counts and Kv and wind types on your own with another spreadsheet:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=17

Jack
Old May 11, 2011, 01:42 PM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,601 Posts
Quote:
heres the pic im using just a standard hextronic 3000kv 24g brushless motor with a 4.75x4.75 prop the prop i think is a EM not APC bought from himodel i think my customised airfoil plays a big part in the top speed im using a 1000mah 3S lipo i only have 3 videos they can be found below i have plenty of these motors but only 1 is any good the rest are buggered hence me trying to rewind them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2nJzkPTIfw
Gazza, thanks for sharing! That is impressive speed.

I wonder if burying the servos and battery for drag reduction would improve the speed much?
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather
Old May 11, 2011, 02:45 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Quote:

http://download.openoffice.org/other.html

Jack
I have started to use LibreOffice.
My understanding is that it is a new fork off of OpenOffice.
OpenOffice doesn't seem to have active development anymore.
You might want to try it.

Walt

EDIT: got this from WikiPedia
In April 2011, Oracle announced it would no longer be supporting commercial development of OpenOffice.org.[10] Many of the former major contributors now work on the LibreOffice project.
http://www.libreoffice.org/
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Last edited by Kokopeli; May 11, 2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old May 11, 2011, 03:26 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,947 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Sun Microsystems started StarOffice/OpenOffice back in the early 90's or so as a gesture of disgust with M$ and their greed about the needs for a once a year Office suite upgrade purchases.

Then Oracle bought Sun, and I guess it is time for a cost saving move.

But it has been and is a wonderful thing and I'll use it as long as it is around and works.

Jack
Old May 11, 2011, 06:38 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,481 Posts
Quote:
I for got the link and you found it anyway, you're a pretty smart feller!

Trug and those guys have sooo much good free info!

And don't forget Manuel_V's free Turn Calculator 5 so you can play with the turn counts and Kv and wind types on your own with another spreadsheet:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=17
thanks will check it out now
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather View Post
Gazza, thanks for sharing! That is impressive speed.

I wonder if burying the servos and battery for drag reduction would improve the speed much?
yes it will from my testing i have gained 10mph but my airfoil is only 21mm thick so for now everything stays external
Old May 11, 2011, 06:47 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,947 Posts
It that a skinned foam core?

Jack
Old May 11, 2011, 08:26 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,481 Posts
Quote:
It that a skinned foam core?

Jack
just extruded foam similar to depron using a modified zagi10 airfoil than covered with filament tape and packing tape
Old May 11, 2011, 08:42 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
Quote:
Sun Microsystems started StarOffice/OpenOffice back in the early 90's or so ...
Okay, it's off topic, but the 'true story' is actually much more interesting. The original Open Office (dotorg, just to be exceptionally stupid) was the Sun rename of Star Office, which they bought in the late 90s, having done exactly nothing to it up until then.

It was started by a clever deutsche dude when he originally wrote a word processor for the Zilog Z80. From there it grew over a decade into the complete Star Office as various other stuff was integrated into it. The Z80 is the interesting part; the original bits were also ported to the Commodore 64. The guy who started it all was, I think, 16 years old at the time. And I'm not sure, but it may have "hit the market" before MS Word.

Libre Office is just Open Office without Oracle Dot Org; no other significant difference except that once again it has an unfortunate name.

I think they should call it Fred.

Dave
timocharis is offline Find More Posts by timocharis
Old May 12, 2011, 02:30 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,481 Posts
i just finished testing the rewound BW i went star 10T 25g i get 154g thrust 9.7A 57W 5x5 prop on 2S 500mah lipo i will make a motor mount tomorrow and do more testing on a 3S 1000mah im hopping it performs as well as the original BW 3000kv
Old May 12, 2011, 05:35 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,947 Posts
timocharis wrote:

"..Okay, it's off topic, but the 'true story' is actually much more interesting..."

Thanks for the details, Dave. I enjoy that kind of trivia. Someday, when all of this is gone, when the older tribe members retell our history to the young ones as we sit around a guttering campfire, it will be important to have the details right.

Jack
Old May 12, 2011, 08:05 AM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,200 Posts
Quote:
i just finished testing the rewound BW i went star 10T 25g i get 154g thrust 9.7A 57W 5x5 prop on 2S 500mah lipo i will make a motor mount tomorrow and do more testing on a 3S 1000mah im hopping it performs as well as the original BW 3000kv
Is this with a 5x5 APC E? Can I suggest that you try an 5x5 EMP or a 5x5 Maxx Carbon... you'll get a lot more thrust than that APC E will get you.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old May 12, 2011, 04:22 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi View Post
Is this with a 5x5 APC E? Can I suggest that you try an 5x5 EMP or a 5x5 Maxx Carbon... you'll get a lot more thrust than that APC E will get you.
i think the props ive been using are EM from himodel i ran up the 10T 25g motor it shows 13A 230g thrust using a 5x5 on 3S 1000mah in star config should i have went delta? this isnt the performance i was expecting what a shame i hope it does surprise me though as its going into a model today for testing