HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2009, 11:34 AM
Joined Mar 2009
4 Posts
Discussion
de Havilland - Tiger Moth

I just purchased the de Havilland Tiger Moth 76" wing span. Anyone out there have experience with this particular bird? Got a decent deal on it, ARF for $199.00. Any good bad experience's in final build or flying would be helpful. Thanks
PaddyPLH is offline Find More Posts by PaddyPLH
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2009, 09:27 PM
Joined Nov 2008
55 Posts
Hi: You did not say which kit this was made from. However, they all fly about the same. Easy flyer for someone who has some time flying trainers and other types. Just insure your wings are aligned top and bottom and span wise. And of course make sure the balance is correct and you should have no trouble flying it even if you are not a real experienced pilot. depending on your engine it will not need full power to fly it around. Take off and reduce the power to about 50 % if you have a large engine in like a 90 4 cycle. I actually learned to fly on a real tiger moth so know the plane quite well and I have had several different models of it and they all fly with the same characteristics and none bad that I experienced. Good luck with it.
Sea Fury Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Sea Fury Pilot
Old Apr 22, 2009, 06:42 PM
Joined Jun 2005
3,781 Posts
I agree with Pilotscale. I built a 1/4 scale Pilot kit of the DH-82 "Tiger Moth", and it flies beautifully. It even took first place in a big scale contest over in Las Vegas, some years ago. It is such a gentle flier, that I have had fellow R/Cers shout in panic, when I was making a normal landing approach, because it looked so slow, they were sure it was going to stall! You will surely enjoy your aquisition.
Lancer31 is offline Find More Posts by Lancer31