HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mastrsn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 06:38 AM
Procrashtinating Builder
about 12" from my computer in Jacksonville Fl.
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
Discussion
Another E-flite WWI Bird

I've been having fun with the E-flite Jenny. I stripped it of all it's decals and re- painted it with Model Master Antique White. It mostly went together as stock, but I re-drilled all the wing struts so that it could be wired more scale. Then I simulated the control wires and covered the landing gear with wood and stained them as close as I could. Sorry about the goofy E-flite wheels, but I have a set of 1 7/8" William Brothers antique wheels coming from Tower Hobbies, but they haven't gotten here yet and I need to use them for photos...

The Control wires don't really work. I laid in all the rigging close to the hinge line to give it the illusion it was connected, but the control surfaces still work independent of the rigging. After spending all that time working on the wings, I felt it only proper to 'go all the way'.

Lettering and Curtiss logo done on the computer, printed out on clear label paper and sprayed with clear lacquer to preserve the ink.

Can't wait to maiden if the wind will just drop below hurricane strength long enough...
mastrsn is offline Find More Posts by mastrsn
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2009, 08:19 AM
AMA 125691
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Jul 2002
2,241 Posts
Beautiful job Bob. Can't wait to see it fly.

What clear Lacquer did you use over the decals?
I need to get some of it for my F-22 decals.
wmcneal is offline Find More Posts by wmcneal
Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:00 AM
Procrashtinating Builder
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcneal
What clear Lacquer did you use over the decals?
I need to get some of it for my F-22 decals.
I've got a whole can. I'll bring it over....
Old Mar 29, 2009, 01:37 PM
AMA 125691
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Jul 2002
2,241 Posts
I went to Office depot looking for clear label paper. Did you use the full sheet variety or the address labels one? The full sheet ones were $38 for only 10 sheets!!! That's not happening.
wmcneal is offline Find More Posts by wmcneal
Old Mar 29, 2009, 05:42 PM
Procrashtinating Builder
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
Let me know how they turn out

BTW- What do you think about my new avatar- kinda fits, don't it?