HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 13, 2003, 10:18 PM
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
Quote:
...the ONLY true americans here are the INDIANS...
Golly, and I thought that they came across a land bridge from Asia about 10,000 years ago.

My favorate part of this thread is the "defenders of free enterprise" that want to restrict imports of cheap foreign goods.

Been to a Wal-Mart lately?

Brad
bradpaul is offline Find More Posts by bradpaul
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2003, 02:55 AM
Singapore Holland Rd
Joined Mar 2002
1,920 Posts
I have the table I got frm Feigao I use Feigao receivers about as good as gws But does not work at all on many radios

Model 3808421S
Size 27.6mm~48mm shaftF3.175mm~12mm
Weight 136g
RMP/V 2000rpm/volt
Resistance 0.057ohms

Voltage No Load propeller(8~4)
Current Rotation Speed Current Rotation Speed
V A rpm A rpm
7.2 0.8 14640 16.6 10620
8.4 0.9 17040 21 12000
9.6 0.9 19320 25.4 13320
12 1 24120 35.3 15660

Model 5408419S
Size 35.8mm~50mm shaftF5mm~18mm
Weight 220g
RMP/V 2000rpm/volt
Resistance 0.034ohms

Voltage No Load propeller(8~4)
Current Rotation Speed Current Rotation Speed
V A rpm A rpm
7.2 1.5 14400 19.3 11400
8.4 1.7 16800 24.3 12780
9.6 1.8 19200 30 14220
12 2.2 24000 41.8 16680
YZYgold is offline Find More Posts by YZYgold
Old May 14, 2003, 02:58 AM
Singapore Holland Rd
Joined Mar 2002
1,920 Posts
I can pass u proper chart if u guys have icq my numb is 173865540

That is what I coppied n pasted
YZYgold is offline Find More Posts by YZYgold
Old May 14, 2003, 03:51 AM
WC,WS,WC
Joined Dec 1999
713 Posts
I requested some info but got no answer yet. Maybe that's because they give lots of priority to the US inquirers. Or, who knows, tey're late due to SARS?
PTLdom is offline Find More Posts by PTLdom
Old May 14, 2003, 09:15 AM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Island of Margaritaville.No parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. Passports are not required
Joined Sep 2002
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike C
I hear you on the buy American feeling. I am starting to check on the country of origin more and more these days. That price doesn't sound overly appealing to me anyway. Aren't the mega motors in that price range as well?
Megas and Jeti are Czech. motors, aren't they? Mark-
Mark Gund is online now Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Old May 14, 2003, 09:17 AM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Island of Margaritaville.No parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. Passports are not required
Joined Sep 2002
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bjpaul
Golly, and I thought that they came across a land bridge from Asia about 10,000 years ago.

My favorate part of this thread is the "defenders of free enterprise" that want to restrict imports of cheap foreign goods.

Been to a Wal-Mart lately?

Brad
Good call Brad! Mark-
Mark Gund is online now Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Old May 14, 2003, 09:44 AM
WC,WS,WC
Joined Dec 1999
713 Posts
I only hope the company, if this is a REAL company, can make it through the market.
Read this month's (May) french magazine "Fly" with an article covering the "China Model Expo". No information was provided at the date the fair was held but, in one fotograpah, a Feigao sensored brushless motor was shown.
PTLdom is offline Find More Posts by PTLdom
Old May 15, 2003, 06:49 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,321 Posts
Re: Oh Oh..

Quote:
Originally posted by retiredVTT
..initial reports lead you to believe that their QC is a problem ....sort of like those early Honda Civics and their tissue paper fenders..! Took 15 years to get past that issue..

Bill
I got 250K miles on my 1976 Civic. The body had rusted away, but the engine & tranny were still great. I rebuilt the engine at 150K miles for the fun of it one summer. The cylinders were still within factory shipping spec (I had run AMSOIL). Basically I just cleaned the engine, re-ringed it, and changed the lower bushings.

I gave the engine to a boat racer who flipped the boat first time they took it out with that engine - it had never run as fast!

And my very favorable experience with Honda is why I bought a Hyundai. They are in the same QC/price spot as Honda was in 1976.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old May 15, 2003, 06:59 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,321 Posts
Re: Magna

Quote:
Originally posted by Scratchbuilder
the ONLY true americans here are the INDIANS...the rest of us are made somewhere else and "IMPORTED" here long ago
So American Indians evolved here w/o genetic material from anywhere else, eh?

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm a Native American: I was born here. My mother, OTOH, was born in Germany. My father's family came over a generation or so before. THEY were imported, not me.

YOU might be a hyphenated American, but I'm not. I'm just a plain old American.

Andy

PS - I don't believe in evolution anyway.
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old May 15, 2003, 07:22 AM
Concord, MA
Joined Jun 2002
1,113 Posts
Czech Republic

I have some Jeti and Model Motors and Hacker products. I also have a couple MPJet props and a gearbox. This isn't a third world country. The country had one of the highest standards of living prior to WWII. Currently people work very hard there to get by, but it's not as bad as Hungary (where the AUDI TT is assembled).

The reason they make all this model plane stuff is probably the proximity to Austria and Germany. In Austria there are modelflugplatz all over the place.

Query the dollar amount spent on this hobby. I am always amazed at the breadth of products available for such a small group of consumers. Lessee: If there's a million RC fliers worldwide (which I doubt) and each spends a grand a year(a high figure) this makes it a billion dollar industry.

I figure the real figure is more like a fifth of this. If there are any industry moguls who have more accurate info, please chime in.
BEA flyer is offline Find More Posts by BEA flyer
Old May 15, 2003, 11:12 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,276 Posts
BEA flyer
Your estimates of how many R/c modelers there are in the world may be off but when all phases of aeromodeling is taken into account your estimate may be somewhat low. Keep in mind freeflighters and control line fliers spend money also. Your total estimate of the monetary value of model aviation in total may well be correct.

Just my $.03 (inflation)
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
Old May 16, 2003, 07:46 AM
Smoke me a Kipper
UK, Beds
Joined Jan 2003
372 Posts
What a SAD world we live in
sao_bilious is offline Find More Posts by sao_bilious
Old May 16, 2003, 02:59 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Getting slightly off topic but, one of the main reasons we see a lot of Czech stuff is in part due to the fall of communism. They have a lot of real high quality engineers who used to work in areas such as aerospace etc, with all this industry gone a lot of cottage industries have sprung up, utilizing those high technolgy skills. Aeromodelling also used to be state sponsered activity.

The labour and exchange rates make the country as competitive as the far east was a few years ago. Many of the ARTF's available are now built there.

--
Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old May 16, 2003, 03:11 PM
Concord, MA
Joined Jun 2002
1,113 Posts
Czech Republicans

So your telling me that the Czechs can fly as well as make good stuff for short money. I question if the stuff in China is as good because I doubt the people who make it fly too. And "Made in Taiwan" is your assurance of quality. Do they have state sponsored aeromodeling there?

My question pertains to a vendor who is selling stuff from Japan that is made in Czech Republic, but at prices generally less than the competition. And the Airmail is a bargain and quick to boot. Amazing!!

The question is, how long will it last?

Been to Slovakia? More like the poorer cousins, I guess.
BEA flyer is offline Find More Posts by BEA flyer
Old May 16, 2003, 05:32 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
Re: Czech Republicans

Quote:
Originally posted by BEA flyer
The question is, how long will it last?
Not long at a guess, their economy is rapidly getting into shape, they are on the list as potential new members of the EU etc, which will bring changes into the market place.

I imagine that at some point the prices will be equivalent to Hacker et al.

The current prices on some of this stuff is amazing, what amazes me more is the fact that I can buy a German Hacker or Czech Axi is the US or Japan cheaper than I can here here in UK.

--
Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Closed Thread