HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Mar 25, 2003, 06:53 PM
Malaysia
Joined Jun 2001
1,009 Posts
Brace yourself.....Chinese Brushless is coming!!!

Hi Folks

Thought this may interest you. Not sure what are the pricing, but these are details in their site. They have 540 and 380 series.

Will they be cheaper than Mega/AXI/JETI for similar performance???

www.feigao.com

ProductName
540 Brushless Motors(sensorless)
Brand Name
FEIGAO
Country of Origin
P.R.CHINA
Specifications
54084xx brushless motor:
working Voltage: 5V~30V,
Working Current: 20A~50A,
Rotation Speed: 10000rpm~50000rpm.

54084xxS喜渡:朴36X51mm,225親;
54084xxL喜渡:朴36X61mm,282親;
54084xxXL喜渡:朴36X65mm,372親;
Magna is offline Find More Posts by Magna
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2003, 07:09 PM
Vancouver Intl, Canada
Joined Dec 1996
304 Posts
I think their name translates to something like "Fly High Electric Motor Co"

Cute...
Aviron is offline Find More Posts by Aviron
Old Mar 25, 2003, 08:06 PM
Moore, OK
Joined Jul 2001
282 Posts
Keep 'em over there

I braced myself.......88.00 to 178.00 (RMB ????) for a brushed 540 can motor? Used conversion for China Yuan Renminbi to get $10 to $ 21.50 respectively. Personally, I desire they keep 'em over there. It is time we all (including myself) seriously ponder buying American made products when we have the choice. Of course they probably desire we kept Coca Cola and Mc Donalds over here. I won't buy any of their motors, period. With current world events, I am getting a red neck attitude................starting to fit and feels good if you know what I mean!

Steve Hudson
Moore, OK
Hudley is online now Find More Posts by Hudley
Old Mar 25, 2003, 08:45 PM
Canada's East Coast, "An Ocean Playground"
Joined Apr 2002
4,188 Posts
no price given on web site...

..specs for 380 brushless..

38084xx brushless motor:
Working voltage:5V~30V,
Working current:10A~50A,
Rotation speed: 10000rpm~50000rpm

Seems if it were run on 10 cells and proped for 18 to 20 amps it would be a 200 watt tiger ...just the thing for Parkflyers..!

Bill
retiredVTT is offline Find More Posts by retiredVTT
Old Mar 25, 2003, 11:11 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,281 Posts
They are here already. I had the opportunity to fondle one at the recent WRAM show. I bought a Mega instead. Not very impressive but its early in their development so there is no telling what the furure will be. Under $100 if you're interested.

BillM
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
Old Mar 25, 2003, 11:15 PM
Dieselized User
Chicagoland
Joined Feb 2000
7,337 Posts
Who had them at the Wram show?

Greg
gkamysz is offline Find More Posts by gkamysz
Old Mar 25, 2003, 11:27 PM
Roxboro, NC U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2000
714 Posts
I hear you on the buy American feeling. I am starting to check on the country of origin more and more these days. That price doesn't sound overly appealing to me anyway. Aren't the mega motors in that price range as well?
Mike C is offline Find More Posts by Mike C
Old Mar 25, 2003, 11:42 PM
Malaysia
Joined Jun 2001
1,009 Posts
Can I just request that we keep those political tones out from hobby? This is suppose to be a fun thing, for goodness sake.

I'm just posting it for everyone to enjoy the alternative/more choices for us in eflight.

BTW, the price listed is list price. I'm not sure what is the actual price but someone in SGP is using their micro rx and it cost less than GWS.

The US21.50 for a 540 is a modified/BB/adjustable motor which is lower than the Kyosho series or the Trinity range. And this is list price, it can be lower so don't get all worked up.

I think they are new start up so QC is still draft at this moment. If their volume increased, then you will end GWS type of BL motor.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 11:54 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,518 Posts
It'd be difficult to be in this hobby without buying any foreign made stuff. Who makes that cheap ARF you're flying? What about the motor and speed control? your radio? How about those super dooper LiPo Batteries?

Ask any American electronic manufacturers (ESC, charger, etc) if it's possible to make a product without using any foreign made electronics.

Let's face it, we all would like to support the economy we live in. But at the end, price will dictate the market.

Stephen
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Mar 26, 2003, 04:07 AM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,703 Posts
Its even more entangled than you think. Where does copper come from? Cobalt? Neodymium etc?

Far away places mostly.

The world economy is a vast mesh of interrelated corporations and trading relationships.

Who puts their name and country on the box, is just marketing.

Chances are that e.g. a Schulze Jeti or Hacker controller is made from parts designed in california, manufactured in the far East and assembled in Germany, shipped out at modest markup to the USA where the bulk of the profit is taken in the wholesale and retail margins.

Each country adds value where it makes sense. Currently China and Czechoslovakia happen to be places where very skilled labour is available at quite modest rates. That of course will change in time.

I don't see any sense in fighting the natural processes of the free market I have lived in one country with extreme trade barriers, designed to nurture and protect the local economy. In fact what really happened was it protected the profits of those who owned the local industries, and made it hard for them to export competitively, as the exchange rate was artificial. When deregulated, the local currency was decimated, imports naturally got more expensive, and the whole economy was able to export at very competitive prices.

The only losers were those who failed to put their profits in swiss bank accounts in foreign currency

Arguably the dollar is far too high relative to foreign currencies, which makes US products more expensive than imports. That is a historical accident. In the UK we suffer from a similarly rather over valued currency. For similar reasons. We also used to 'buy British' in a vain attempt tp protect dinosaur industries. The net result was a protected market, complacent management, and, ultimately the complete demise of any quality MASS manufacturing at all.

Sorry to ramble on, but I just wanted to illustrate some of the hidden dangers of trade restrictions, whether imposed by governments, or by simple customer choice. Often it has the reverse result from what you expect
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Mar 26, 2003, 04:41 AM
WC,WS,WC
Joined Dec 1999
713 Posts
... and besides that I don't live in nor am I a US citizen ... so, lets have a very good look at it, 'cause Megas are really more expensive and this thing may turn the GWS of the brushless ...
Magna, how can we order one of those 540 motors and controller? I know, they are still draft / experimental but I only want to "experiment" too.
PTLdom is offline Find More Posts by PTLdom
Last edited by PTLdom; Mar 26, 2003 at 04:48 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 09:24 AM
Idaho
Joined May 2002
1,067 Posts
vintage1,
Thanks. Saved me a lot of typing. It's a WORLD economy and everyone better get used to it. China, and it's products will follow the pattern established by Japan>South Korea>Taiwan. Lots of product, with quality following after. The only difference will be the tempo of the process. Some of us are old enough to remember turning up our noses at cheap Japanese cameras and transistor radios. Anyone like to try that now? China will come along, and all of us will reap the benefits - including those of us looking for inexpensive brushless motors!

JT
DEPENDS is offline Find More Posts by DEPENDS
Old Mar 26, 2003, 10:06 AM
Master
Weilbach, Germany
Joined May 2001
2,467 Posts
I saw a most interesting looking budget brushless at the Sinsheim show 2 weeks ago. Price 39 = near enough $39.
Sorry the details are only in German, but it's worth a peek at the pictures :
http://www.paf-flugmodelle.de/
and then 'Katalog'
and then '7.2 PAF Brushless Paffi 400'

Chris P
ChrisP is offline Find More Posts by ChrisP
Old Mar 26, 2003, 10:33 AM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
About 15 years ago I bought a new Walther PP. It was stamped "Made in Germany"
Later I learned that no PP models had been made in Germany after WWII; that a factory in Manurhin, France was the origin of my gun, and that the plastic grips had been attached and the gun test fired in Germany, earning the "Made in Germany" designation.
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old Mar 26, 2003, 06:56 PM
Malaysia
Joined Jun 2001
1,009 Posts
Hi PTLDOM

I got to know about this from a SGP RC discussion board. I think one of the shop in SGP are trying to bring it in (to Singapore). I think quite a few of the ezoner here order from SGP especially the EX/PILOT Kit model such as Wildstyle, and the sp400 Tiger Moth etc.

I will let you know more of you can check it out here:

http://www.rcflying.cjb.net/ on the local discussion about Chinese Brushless.
Closed Thread