HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2009, 05:42 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2005
323 Posts
Discussion
Jim -XPS module for new Hitec Aurora 9 ??

Jim,

I know this is a little early but, I would like to request that you offer a TX module to work with the new Hitec Aurora 9 2.4 system. It is my understanding that existing Futaba 9C and Hitec XPS TX modules will not work because of the pin out or because of the data transmission between the Aurora 9 TX and the new Hitec 2.4 module. This system is being advertised as being available this summer and is already available to back order. Thanks
Howard L is offline Find More Posts by Howard L
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:25 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,883 Posts
We already do. It's the same module for the Hitec Optic/Eclipse 7. We got to see and review the Aurora 9 in January. You can use a FM or 2.4GHz module with this transmitter. The 2.4GHz plugs in and replaces the stock antenna with an external wire setup to the antenna (like Spektrum's module conversion).

To get the reduced latency you have to support the custom packets, and that we will do as soon as our sample arrives.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:57 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2005
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
We already do. It's the same module for the Hitec Optic/Eclipse 7. We got to see and review the Aurora 9 in January. You can use a FM or 2.4GHz module with this transmitter. The 2.4GHz plugs in and replaces the stock antenna with an external wire setup to the antenna (like Spektrum's module conversion).

To get the reduced latency you have to support the custom packets, and that we will do as soon as our sample arrives.
Great support - thanks.

Howard
Howard L is offline Find More Posts by Howard L
Old Apr 18, 2009, 05:19 AM
Garland
USA, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jul 2003
503 Posts
so my extra XPS 9c module wont work in the Aurora??
i thought it was 9c/ hitec on the XPS site?

(edit) damn.. Its 9Z/hitec on the XPS site!
Ghia is offline Find More Posts by Ghia
Last edited by Ghia; Apr 18, 2009 at 05:26 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:06 AM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
Ghia,
I believe the only difference is the case. My XPS TX in the old case fit my Optic 6 and my 9Cap. You are welcome to one of my old cases, if I can find it.

Also, I have an extra XPS TX module, v3, make me an offer. It is in the new case and I could send the old case too.

PM me.
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb