HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by edge5foamy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:53 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Discussion
Update for March 09

WOW! Has it really been a month since PERRY?? Time is flying by!

Anyway, Perry was awsome! Did not buy much, but I was trying to save as much as possible so I could put it towards the trailer.

I finally have my first ever demo flight over with! Here is the video...

Yak54 Demo at SE Model Show (Perry Swap Meet) (2 min 11 sec)

I did however pick up an SSX! While at the 2DogRC booth I noticed a SSX box leaning up against the wall that said "Shipping Damage - $35 OBO". The guy showed me where there were a few crushed spots in the wing. I offered $25, and he took it. I cut the covering away around the crushed spots, repaired the balsa the best I could, and just got the new covering in today, so I got the covering patched where I had cut it away. Hoping for a maiden this weekend. Will post more on that later.

As for other builds I am working on, I dont have too much left on the Gambler DLG kit. Just waiting on the ESC to get here for the UFX, and I have some combat planes on the way.

Will post more about all that once I get them flying.

As for the trailer I have now completely replaced the ply around the outside of the trailer. Now if I could just get a weekend without rain so I could get the sheet metal on it

SEFF 09 promises to be the best SEFF ever for me. The longest I have ever been able to be at SEFF is for 2 days. This Year I am going to get there the Saturday before! I will also have my own trailer to stay in!

OK, it is almost 1AM so I need to get in bed. Thats it for this months update, but I will try to post more as I get done with all these projects I am working on.

Peace!
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
to remove ads between posts