HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:30 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Discussion
Where to Stay ? Best Hotel

Hey guys -

My buddy and I are driving out from NY/NJ and this will be our first time for Toledo so if someone could let us know which hotels / motels we should look into staying at that will be great.

I already checked the park inn and they tell me they are booked and as I understand it the park inn is in walking distance.

Some recommendations would be great. Please include a link and pricing.

BTW: I am aware that on the Toledo website has an extensive list of hotels / motels but I prefer to hear your reviews.

See you guys there and yes I will be wearing my rcgroups name tag. I will make sure to print it up laminate it and get a pin for it.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:35 AM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,033 Posts
I am a vedor at Toledo Expo and we stay in Oregon, which is 8 minutes from downtown. We stay at a Sleep INN which is very reasonable on price and the rooms are super clean and look very new. I beleave we are paying in the neigborhood of $80.00 a night. Here is a link to there site.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-oregon...0?promo=yapisz

I have stayed at a few others and they seem either over priced or run down.
edge_pilot is online now Find More Posts by edge_pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My 2 favorite everyday flyers!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:37 AM
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_pilot
I am a vedor at Toledo Expo and we stay in Oregon, which is 8 minutes from downtown. We stay at a Sleep INN which is very reasonable on price and the rooms are super clean and look very new. I beleave we are paying in the neigborhood of $80.00 a night. Here is a link to there site.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-oregon...0?promo=yapisz

I have stayed at a few others and they seem either over priced or run down.
Very much appreciated. I will check it out. We may want something a bit cheaper so we have more money to spend with you guys on all that RC goodness.

Any others guys.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:09 PM
Wisconsin
Joined Feb 2007
133 Posts
I got rooms at the Courtyard By Marriott Rossford, 14 minuets to the Segate Center. Booked though Pricline.com for $40 a night.

You can check out this site to learn about bidding on Priceline.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=580&
timbo66 is offline Find More Posts by timbo66
Last edited by timbo66; Mar 27, 2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:15 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
Try this one.

Baymont Inn & Suites (Northwood)
2600 Lauren Ln.
I-75 Exit 198
Northwood Oh 43619
419-662-1200

I got a Queen Bed, non smoking for around $54.00 a night. You are just about 4 miles from the exit to get off and then to the Seagate Center.
There are a couple of fast food resturants at that exit, but 5 miles down the road, south, are a whole host of resturants. Cracker Barrel, and just about every other resturant.

I have stayed here more than once, last time it was very nice.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Conehead; Mar 27, 2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: typed the wrong letters, dang it.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 02:58 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Timbo and Conehead -

Awesome dudes. Exactly the price we are looking for. I will go online and make my reservation for one of them.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2009, 03:49 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
What is the parking fee @ the seagate convention center ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2009, 12:02 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
Depends on where you park. Some places it is $5, other can be $6, $7, some places go as high a $10. I try to find a cheap place.
Saturday is usually cheaper than Friday. Also since the Mudhens are not playing, the parking may, NOTE, I say MAY be cheaper since they won't be in town.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Mar 29, 2009, 12:28 AM
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Jun 2008
178 Posts
Since Im local figured I would chime in here...

First lets cover parking. All parking lots in Toledo are owned by the city and leased out- so pricing is standardized- unlike Detroit... lol There is PLENTY of parking in Downtown Toledo also.

Hotels: I wouldnt want to stay at a hotel in Downtown Toledo. The Park Inn from what Ive seen isnt exactly nice. I believe they are in some sort of financial trouble also... Its hard to believe that place is booked solid either. The towers fairly big...

The Sleep Inn as suggested is a nice place. Theres an Applebees right out front. Theres more food around also.

The Courtyard thats been mentioned earlier is a good choice also. There is 3 hotels right there at that point. Theres a brand new Bass Pro shop there also. Furthermore that area is what I consider "safe". Which means unlike downtown Toledo, your chances of having an issue with "scum" is less...

Theres some Hotels in Oregon, around Navarre Avenue which would be good choices also.

Im into Boats and plan on attending. It helps its only 15 minutes away Yes thats a brag.

Have fun, see you guys there!
Basstronics is offline Find More Posts by Basstronics
Old Mar 29, 2009, 12:44 AM
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basstronics
Since Im local figured I would chime in here...

First lets cover parking. All parking lots in Toledo are owned by the city and leased out- so pricing is standardized- unlike Detroit... lol There is PLENTY of parking in Downtown Toledo also.

Hotels: I wouldnt want to stay at a hotel in Downtown Toledo. The Park Inn from what Ive seen isnt exactly nice. I believe they are in some sort of financial trouble also... Its hard to believe that place is booked solid either. The towers fairly big...

The Sleep Inn as suggested is a nice place. Theres an Applebees right out front. Theres more food around also.

The Courtyard thats been mentioned earlier is a good choice also. There is 3 hotels right there at that point. Theres a brand new Bass Pro shop there also. Furthermore that area is what I consider "safe". Which means unlike downtown Toledo, your chances of having an issue with "scum" is less...

Theres some Hotels in Oregon, around Navarre Avenue which would be good choices also.

Im into Boats and plan on attending. It helps its only 15 minutes away Yes thats a brag.

Have fun, see you guys there!
BASS -- Thanks so much. Yes even though I am from NYC I do want somewhere safe. its nice not to have to deal with scum in other states LOL..

Thanks for the insight.

Conehead - Thanks for the info on the parking. I guess we will stay out of downtown and book either the courtyard or the sleepinn.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2009, 05:58 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,992 Posts
FWIW, I've stayed at the Park Inn (used to be the Raddison) every year since the year after the Show moved from the old Sports Arena. The first year I stayed south of Toledo on I-75 and it was a pain getting to and from the Seagate center and finding parking on Thursday and Friday. In the past the parking was harder because of a: workers using lots during the workweek and b: in the past it was opening day for the Mud Hens (the 5th 3rd field is across the street from the convention center.

The hotel has always been comfortable, clean and well staffed. The Park Inn is always booked for this weekend because it's the headquarters hotel for the show. Since it's attached to the convention center and there's a parking garage underneath, it's extremely convenient. The hotel has a restaurant and bar (slightly expensive for Toledo, but still cheap by NY standards) and the Exhibitor's party and the Auction are held in the hotel ballroom. There are several restaurants within walking distance, Tony Packo's, Spaghetti Warehouse, Frickers, a steakhouse (that I cant' remember the name of) Focaccio's Deli has as good a sandwich as I ever had at the WRAMS show and several others along with a couple of fast food places. I've never felt unsafe there.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Last edited by Azarr; Mar 29, 2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 01:03 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
FWIW, I've stayed at the Park Inn (used to be the Raddison) every year since the year after the Show moved from the old Sports Arena. The first year I stayed south of Toledo on I-75 and it was a pain getting to and from the Seagate center and finding parking on Thursday and Friday. In the past the parking was harder because of a: workers using lots during the workweek and b: in the past it was opening day for the Mud Hens (the 5th 3rd field is across the street from the convention center.

The hotel has always been comfortable, clean and well staffed. The Park Inn is always booked for this weekend because it's the headquarters hotel for the show. Since it's attached to the convention center and there's a parking garage underneath, it's extremely convenient. The hotel has a restaurant and bar (slightly expensive for Toledo, but still cheap by NY standards) and the Exhibitor's party and the Auction are held in the hotel ballroom. There are several restaurants within walking distance, Tony Packo's, Spaghetti Warehouse, Frickers, a steakhouse (that I cant' remember the name of) Focaccio's Deli has as good a sandwich as I ever had at the WRAMS show and several others along with a couple of fast food places. I've never felt unsafe there.

Azarr
Thanks Azarr -

Yes one of my first choices was to stay at the park inn but being a new attendee to the Toledo Weak show I was very late in getting my plans together. I was told that on Friday I may be able to get a room if some vendors cancelled but I will be driving up on Thursday getting in Thursday night.

Thanks so much buddy
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2009, 02:08 PM
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Jun 2008
178 Posts
Toledo is a 15 minute city. That means wherever you are in Toledo you can get to another point in 15 minutes...

In case you dont have it:
http://www.parksmart.org/p/DTPAmap6-07.pdf

The Steakhouse you are recalling is Rockwells. Its a 5 start steakhouse, bring your wallet.

If a small drive doesnt scare anyone I would suggest staying in Perrysburg. Its just nicer!
Basstronics is offline Find More Posts by Basstronics
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:35 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Okay - So I ended up choosing the Sleepinn for $71.00 a night as a Triple AAA member mentioned by edgeflyer..

I tried the marriot for $40.00 :-) but I didn't want to take a chance of putting my credit info in and they giving me some thing out the way.

I appreciate everyones recommendation.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:47 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Albany County, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,566 Posts
any one try the red roofs either by the airport or inside downtown toledo?? I got some info but just was curious, the one closer to downtown has really good reviews? Thnks in advance!
FASTALJR is offline Find More Posts by FASTALJR