SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 05, 2001, 04:34 PM
www.M-A-E.com
Lilburn, GA, USA
Joined Dec 2000
1,175 Posts
I have the kit.. haven't started it yet. I plan to use an AF15FAI on 8 cells. This setup powers my Estreak extremely well. Kit is nice, but needs some lightening. You don't need balsa blocks in an electric
rcflyer11 is offline Find More Posts by rcflyer11
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2001, 11:39 PM
Joined May 2000
431 Posts
Hi there,

I being flying one for awhile now.
Here is the sum total:
>>It's not worth the effort.<<

It's too small. They should have
made it 15-20 % larger.
I fly mine with a Mag Mayhem DD 8x 5 , 8x 2400 and a Astro 05 9x4 on 10x 1250

If only feels right when flown
fast, and for flown fast, it gets
to small, too fast. This just ruins
the fun.

Also, the battery access hatch is ok,
but just a tad angled wrong so it's
a pain to get the packs in.

And it hates wind!

If compared to a Cavazos CSD Vortex,
the Vortex wins hands down. The Vortex
grooves, handles wind,but you need to add
rudder.

Andre
Andreas is offline Find More Posts by Andreas
Old May 06, 2001, 01:27 AM
London, UK
Joined Nov 2000
39 Posts
Balsacraft Easy Street, Whats it like

Has anyone out there got one of these planes if so what was it like and what set up is good .

Anything about this plane would be helpful.

Cheers

Damian
damian is offline Find More Posts by damian
Old May 06, 2001, 05:23 PM
London, UK
Joined Nov 2000
39 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Andreas! you have sort of put me off the e-street now. It was just that one has come up ready built unflown for $100 in LHS, no electronics or servos. It sort of caught my eye, looke real sleak and of sturdy construction.

damian is offline Find More Posts by damian
Old May 07, 2001, 05:04 AM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by damian:
It was just that one has come up ready built unflown for $100 in LHS, no electronics or servos.
That's a bit overpriced since the kit is (was ?) only about 30 quid. I've still got an unstarted kit in my "I'll never get round to that now" pile. They fly quite well, and look reasonable but, like too many electric kits, not on the weedy standard S600 that is recommended for them.

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin
Old May 07, 2001, 12:06 PM
Norway
Joined Dec 2000
25 Posts
I've flown my plane many times with S600 7,2V motor and 8 cells. This is enough power to get the feeling of how it flies. Has been damaged 3 times and are now ready for the slope. No more power in this one. I have the same opinion as Andreas. A bit too small, a bit too heavy and only suited for fast flying.
The battery compartment is made in a way that makes it very difficult to correct the CG if the motor is too heavy.

But looks very nice and it's no problem to get it in the air. It is a bit more difficult to get it down in one piece.

Some pictures and a video at http://home.online.no/~valsaker

bowi is offline Find More Posts by bowi