HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2010, 07:07 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,184 Posts
I read a few pages back new harder shafts are on the way. Any idea when they will be available at allerc? In the mean time I'm still breaking shafts on nose overs that do not break the prop or bend the collet adapter. I'd like to know what the end play should be when I press in a new shaft. I usually go with about .010, sound about right? Great motors and batteries, I reccomend them all the time!
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2010, 10:01 AM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave View Post
Sorry, I don't like to think about all the things that should have gotten done long ago (decals, super-great t-shirts and hat designs, etc...).

I will try. We have been absolutely buried in support needed for all the new products, but we are coming into some breathing room in the next few months. Hang on!

D
I know David, just trying to add a little humor in the mix.

When I saw the decals for the new Hyperion EXTRA 330SC 20E 3D (beautiful model by the way) first thing I thought was "now where can I get some of those?"

Hats and T-shirts are great but, decals are something you can wear (on our models anyway) everyday, looks good on everyone and one size fits all.
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Old Feb 05, 2010, 11:26 AM
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Jul 2009
28 Posts
Collet and Spinner

Thanks for spinner info. That takes the guesswork out of it and may help others.

Quote:
Yes, the collet adapter is in there. I should note that the PROP SHAFT section of the adapter is M8. The collet hole is M6, to mate to the Zs40 M6 motor shaft. As such, the spinner needs to have an M8 hole, and be an approprite size. For our lineup, the dynamically balanced HP-SPSTAN-76W is suggested (you'll need to paint it black, or get the Red version, as you like).

http://aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=5071

David
pprussell is offline Find More Posts by pprussell
Old Feb 05, 2010, 11:32 AM
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Jul 2009
28 Posts
Glad you enjoyed misquoting me.

No, Captain, the box was not in front of me. The ZS motor and the Wolf Samson bipe were birthday gifts my wife got for me. When I got back in town last night, the collet adapter was in the box. Did not want her opening my presents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Norway View Post
Thats awsome.

"I have the box in front of me, but have not opened it yet" .... "Is there a collet adapter in there?" .... " I don't see it on the pictures or text, but you promised it would be in there" ... "I will open tonight and check"

Sorry, but that is priceless....

EDIT: Really sorry
pprussell is offline Find More Posts by pprussell
Old Feb 05, 2010, 01:05 PM
France
Joined Feb 2007
90 Posts
Hi Dave
It seems a new ZS2218 is on the way
Have you more info about it ? Both side shaft ?
thef is offline Find More Posts by thef
Old Feb 05, 2010, 02:04 PM
AMA 754
Phoenix area
Joined Apr 2004
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingin' Wayne View Post
I read a few pages back new harder shafts are on the way. Any idea when they will be available at allerc? In the mean time I'm still breaking shafts on nose overs that do not break the prop or bend the collet adapter. I'd like to know what the end play should be when I press in a new shaft. I usually go with about .010, sound about right? Great motors and batteries, I reccomend them all the time!
We do have many (but not all) of the new hardened shafts here at www.allerc.com, but since they arrived as part of a shipment that contained well over 100 brand new items, it may be a few days before they're all shown on our web site. If you're looking for a specific motor shaft, give us an Email to info@allerc.com or a phone call, 480-456-4300.
BobRCnut is offline Find More Posts by BobRCnut
Old Feb 05, 2010, 03:02 PM
Perth, Tasmania, Australia
Joined May 2000
354 Posts
Quote:
George, you get the Gs30 motors yet?? Can't wait to hear how they go for you...

David
Not yet David. Some time next week I hope. EMS takes a bit longer than Parcel Post.

PS: We can't wait either
GeorgeC is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeC
Old Feb 05, 2010, 07:52 PM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Sorry to disappoint! No, we tested the 2218 configuration, but found that a 3007 was about the same weight, performed better, is physically stronger (crash, etc), and costs about the same to make. (and which is why we have the new Zs3007B-24 coming out this month)

So it is unlikely we'll ever make the 2218. I asked HP EU to remove the shaft item, and thanks for the "heads up".

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by thef View Post
Hi Dave
It seems a new ZS2218 is on the way
Have you more info about it ? Both side shaft ?
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Last edited by NipponDave; Feb 05, 2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2010, 10:46 PM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
As noted, they are in the USA and will be online at Air Craft (japan) over the next few days, too.

Do keep in mind that if you have a Zs30 motor and it is backmounted, you may want to get the "HB" version shafts (Harder, Backmount only), which will look like THIS when installed.

The only caveat is that the "B" type uses the Zs30 supplied Collet adapter rather than the bolt-on backmount prop adapter, and this means the installed length to spinner backplate will be longer (~6mm I think).

Of course, you could cut off the shaft stub at the "back" side of the motor before installing the shaft, and use the aluminum backmount adapter, if the length issue would be a problem.

David

Quote:
Last edited by NipponDave; Feb 07, 2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2010, 12:47 AM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,372 Posts
Only 10mm exiting the bell, a wee bit too short for me, 15 would have been nice.
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old Feb 06, 2010, 02:10 AM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRendezvous View Post
Only 10mm exiting the bell, a wee bit too short for me, 15 would have been nice.
Why? Our Zs22 sized adapter have about 8mm~8.5mm engagement, and never come loose. If other adapters have more engagement, that's fine, but I can't imagine having, or needing, more than 10mm.

D
Old Feb 06, 2010, 02:25 AM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,372 Posts
Probably just me both the motors in my pics have there shafts pushed through as far as will allow, but I still need to use stand offs to get enough clearance for the spinners.

Mike
Old Feb 06, 2010, 08:24 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,184 Posts
Okay maybe I didn't use the correct terminology. When you grab the two motor sections and tug in opposite directions, there should be a very slight gap. Could someone please tell me how much it should be on a zs2213? THANKS!
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
Old Feb 06, 2010, 08:49 AM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Okay maybe I didn't use the correct terminology. When you grab the two motor sections and tug in opposite directions, there should be a very slight gap. Could someone please tell me how much it should be on a zs2213? THANKS!
I've had new motors with no end play and some with as much as 0.5mm, when I reassemble a motor I leave the smallest gap I can get, I don't try for any particular measurement.
Old Feb 06, 2010, 12:31 PM
Joined Mar 2006
5 Posts
David,

I am finishing a Helios 90 and have a ZS4035-12 in the front. I am still undecided on the battery cell count and would appreciate your input. I plan to do Sportsman and occasional Intermediate competing with it.

I'm debating over 6 cell which will keep me right at 7LB or 8 cell which will push me up near 7LB 10oz. I can't decide if the reduced weight will compensate enough for the reduced voltage. I don't want it to fly underpowered but on the otherhand, ballistic performance is not necessary either.

Your expert input is appreciated.

-Steve
stever60 is offline Find More Posts by stever60