HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2010, 01:32 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigob View Post
I like the ZS4035-10 until now, bit noisy, but it delivers.
I run this engine in an EF Yak 74" at 7s (G3's) with a 19x9 Xoar ( will be 19x8 )
Pulls over 9kg thrust at 120A max

Looks good to me :-)

How do I count the pools of the engine, the 12 coils or the 14 magnets ?

Bart,

magnets
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2010, 05:15 AM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC View Post
I know you try Dave - my comment is just a reflection of how we desperately want to see them
George
The Gs motor datasheet is up, and I just made a Gs motor thread. Visit it for the datasheet, and your comments later after using the motors, please.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=14228091

Motors will be arriving at Hyperion dealers worldwide during the next two weeks!!

david
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Old Feb 01, 2010, 06:24 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,255 Posts
They look very interesting Dave. When I finally cook my old S3025-6, which is lapping up 120odd A on 3S with a 12.5x8 AN folder in my warmliner, and hasnt missed a beat!, Ill replace it with something a bit hotter from the new GS's.

BTW, it might be handy too note the centre peice sizings on the different folding props for your prop chart, it makes massive amp draw differences.

Any info on the Hyperion 28mm inrunners you mentioned way back?
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Feb 01, 2010, 04:48 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,372 Posts
Dave, will backmount shafts for the Zs 30's be made or are only doing them for the larger size motors?
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old Feb 03, 2010, 12:55 AM
Joined Sep 2006
39 Posts
I have a number of of the older motors and have resently purchased a ZS3014-14 .

I however think its hightime that a objective test between the old and new is made by someone like Dr Kiwi . What exactly is "large gains in efficiency " 2 or 3 % ?.
SA_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by SA_Flyer
Old Feb 04, 2010, 02:33 PM
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Jul 2009
28 Posts
Hello NipponDave,
Picked up the Wolf Samson and the 16-turn ZS40 yesterday. The ZS motor box shows the inclusions and makes no mention of the collet adapter. Noticed one of your posts said: "The ZS40 series are all "backmount only" and come with the M6 collet adapter for the prop included in the box."
Have not opened the box yet (will tonight). Will the collet be in there even though it is not listed on the outside as included, nor is it in the "included" picture?
Also wondering if there is now a recommended spinner for the ZS and the Wolf combo?

Thanks!
pprussell is offline Find More Posts by pprussell
Old Feb 04, 2010, 06:34 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2007
2,221 Posts
Thats awsome.

"I have the box in front of me, but have not opened it yet" .... "Is there a collet adapter in there?" .... " I don't see it on the pictures or text, but you promised it would be in there" ... "I will open tonight and check"

Sorry, but that is priceless....

EDIT: Really sorry
Captain Norway is offline Find More Posts by Captain Norway
Last edited by Captain Norway; Feb 04, 2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2010, 09:34 PM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA_Flyer View Post
I have a number of of the older motors and have resently purchased a ZS3014-14 .

I however think its hightime that a objective test between the old and new is made by someone like Dr Kiwi . What exactly is "large gains in efficiency " 2 or 3 % ?.
For the Zs 30 series, compared to our previous Z30 series, the average increase in efficiency was about 4%. If I remember correctly (I am writing from home at the moment) the Z3025-10 was at 84% peak efficiency, and the Zs3025-10 scored 89%, a difference of 5%.

So... on basis of 100W INPUT, the Zs3025-10 wastes 11W, vs 16W for the Z3025-10. That means that the Zs3025 wastes about 33% fewer watts than the Z motor would.

Compared to an average cheapie motor (around 77%~78% efficient at best, usually), the Zs3025 wastes 11W vs 23W, meaning that it is wasting less than 1/2 of the watts.

So these are LARGE differences, and get larger quick as the less efficient motor heats sooner, and efficiency drops faster.

David
Last edited by NipponDave; Feb 05, 2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old Feb 04, 2010, 09:38 PM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Yes, the collet adapter is in there. I should note that the PROP SHAFT section of the adapter is M8. The collet hole is M6, to mate to the Zs40 M6 motor shaft. As such, the spinner needs to have an M8 hole, and be an approprite size. For our lineup, the dynamically balanced HP-SPSTAN-76W is suggested (you'll need to paint it black, or get the Red version, as you like).

http://aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=5071

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by pprussell View Post
Hello NipponDave,
Picked up the Wolf Samson and the 16-turn ZS40 yesterday. The ZS motor box shows the inclusions and makes no mention of the collet adapter. Noticed one of your posts said: "The ZS40 series are all "backmount only" and come with the M6 collet adapter for the prop included in the box."
Have not opened the box yet (will tonight). Will the collet be in there even though it is not listed on the outside as included, nor is it in the "included" picture?
Also wondering if there is now a recommended spinner for the ZS and the Wolf combo?

Thanks!
Old Feb 04, 2010, 11:06 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Thanks for the explanation David about the ZS motor efficiency. It certainly explains why my Zs motors perform like they do and why the guys at my local fields are burning up their $25 cheap motors.
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Last edited by Buzzkill2; Feb 05, 2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2010, 04:18 AM
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
David,

When will we see some fancy new stand alone decal sheets similar to the graphics on the new Hyperion EXTRA 330SC 20E 3D decal sheet? In particular the G3 CX / G3 VX logos and large Hyperion logos. Would also love to see decals for the ZS/HS motors and Atlas ESCs if possible?

I have quite a few models (planks and helis) with Hyperion electronics/batteries in them and the electronics did include a decal (servos) but, I sure would like to be able to buy stand alone decal sheets with all the Hyperion logos, in various sizes if possible, on them.

Yes, I'm proud to have Hyperion motors, servos, batteries and ESCs in my models and think people should know about it

Sorry to go off topic but, seemed like as good of a place to ask as any.
Old Feb 05, 2010, 04:46 AM
Perth, Tasmania, Australia
Joined May 2000
354 Posts
I'll second that!
GeorgeC is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeC
Old Feb 05, 2010, 05:12 AM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC View Post
I'll second that!
George, you get the Gs30 motors yet?? Can't wait to hear how they go for you...

David
Old Feb 05, 2010, 05:17 AM
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
I guess that would be a never? Oh well, it was a thought. At least I got a second from George
Old Feb 05, 2010, 06:28 AM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill2 View Post
I guess that would be a never? Oh well, it was a thought. At least I got a second from George
Sorry, I don't like to think about all the things that should have gotten done long ago (decals, super-great t-shirts and hat designs, etc...).

I will try. We have been absolutely buried in support needed for all the new products, but we are coming into some breathing room in the next few months. Hang on!

D