Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 21, 2009, 06:16 PM
c/f
Joined Jan 2004
3,312 Posts
Buzz

It not a question of what product they offer but where is each produced, It is my contention that any motor from Hyperion without a 3 bolt prop shaft adapter is produced in Asia.

Those produced with the 3 bolt propshaft adapter are still being produced in Germany.

Lets see if Nippon Dave can clear the air.......
c/f is offline Find More Posts by c/f
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2009, 06:18 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,123 Posts
Could you help

I need a Hyperian motor

to run 4 cells
900-1000kv
weight 130 - 150
about 650watts
I would like to run this motor on the 3dhobbyshop Velox

thanks
Flazo is online now Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Dec 21, 2009, 06:30 PM
c/f
Joined Jan 2004
3,312 Posts
Actually heres the backmount I needed so I built it:

Old Dec 21, 2009, 06:34 PM
c/f
Joined Jan 2004
3,312 Posts
heres a setup for you:

3D setup in an Extreme Flight eYAK54

HP Zs 3009-20 Graupner e CAM 12X4, 4s, 43amps, 593watts.

45oz flying weight with 99oz thrust....... AMAZING flight envelope....

You can drop down to an 11/5 or 11/6 to improve flighttimes on 2200MAH 4s packs.

I fly with pack weights of 200gram to 260 grams, you can tell the diff.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 06:46 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c/f View Post
Buzz

It not a question of what product they offer but where is each produced, It is my contention that any motor from Hyperion without a 3 bolt prop shaft adapter is produced in Asia.

Those produced with the 3 bolt propshaft adapter are still being produced in Germany.

Lets see if Nippon Dave can clear the air.......
That very well may be but, if that is true I'd wager it's because the Hs motors are a collaboration between Scorpion/Hyperion resulting in superior motors than previously produced by either company.
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Old Dec 21, 2009, 06:46 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Actually heres the backmount I needed so I built it:

What model motor is that? Zs-3014? 3009?
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Last edited by Buzzkill2; Dec 21, 2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 07:29 PM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
No, they dont and get your facts straight and ask from the horses mouth, any 3 bolt prop adapter versioned Hyperions are stock still produced in Germany is my best guess.......

Nippon Dave???? Clear the air........

Trolls are for bridges Moonshines for Nashbro
I'm guessing you saw someting that made you think so. What was it? Anyway, it is not correct. Here are the facts.

1) Hacker has NEVER produced any motor for HYPERION.

2) Hacker HAS used the same service assembly line in China to produce their "A" series motors that Hyperion used for their previous "Z".

3) ALL Zs series motors produced since their introduction several months ago have been produced in co-operation with Scorpion, and the specifications have not changed.

4) Zs Series includes Zs22, Zs30, and Zs40. Zs22 have collet mount front and back. Zs30 have collet front and bolt-on back mount, Zs40 are backmount only, and use a collet.

David
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Old Dec 21, 2009, 07:33 PM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
I suppose that it could have been the Hs that C/F saw. Makes sense..

Anyway, to repeat. Neither Hacker nor Hyperion Outrunners have ever been made in Germany, (check their packaging for confirmation), and Hacker has never built any motor with a Hyperion Brand.

Having said all that, who really cares? If the design, quality, and performance are right there, it doesn't matter where it was made... imo. In the case of the Zs series, bearings and stator steel both come from Japan (also the bell iron), and the magnets are from a Chinese factory which is universally regarded as producing the highest-quality rare-earth magnets...

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill2 View Post
I'll shed some light on this. The Zs(3X) motors do in fact have the 3-bolt configuration for the back mount adapters.

The motors your looking at that do not are the NEW Hs motors (heli,pylon,edf etc.) which do not have the three holes for the back mount prop adapters.

IMO the new Zs-Hs motors are both better than previous Hacker and Scorpion models.

My $.02 but I know that there is a difference between the Zs and Hs models and the Zs(3X) do in fact have the 3-bolt holes for back mount adapters.
Last edited by NipponDave; Dec 21, 2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:21 PM
200 mph club
United States, AZ, Fort Mohave
Joined Mar 2005
869 Posts
Dave
What motor and prop would toy recommend for a Enigma F5B plane?

Thanks
r/cmark is online now Find More Posts by r/cmark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FrSky Taranis misc stuff
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:33 PM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cmark View Post
Dave
What motor and prop would toy recommend for a Enigma F5B plane?

Thanks
That depends... Do you have a battery pack BRAND, CAPACITY, S, and RATING planned already? Is it for a really fast hotliner, or actual competition?

Do you have a particular ESC you want to use, already in hand?

D
Old Dec 22, 2009, 06:00 AM
200 mph club
United States, AZ, Fort Mohave
Joined Mar 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave View Post
That depends... Do you have a battery pack BRAND, CAPACITY, S, and RATING planned already? Is it for a really fast hotliner, or actual competition?

Do you have a particular ESC you want to use, already in hand?

D
Battery 3000 to 4000, 4s and 5s.
ESC Phoenix 180.
actual competition.
r/cmark is online now Find More Posts by r/cmark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FrSky Taranis misc stuff
Old Dec 23, 2009, 03:54 PM
United States, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Feb 2007
652 Posts
another Z4020-14 question re esc.

glad I tuned into this post as I have a hyperion Z4020 14 and now nothing about it and am not sure what to do about a esc for it.it came in a hyperion 70 superchipmunk and I got it practically for nothing if the motor is what I think it is.I also got all the servos.

can some one advise me what spped control I need.the prop on the motor is a 15x8 apc.from what I am seeing this is a strong motor .I also have a 55inch 3DH SHPextra.I am assuming this motor would provide strong 3D with the right set up. chime in please..
propnut07 is offline Find More Posts by propnut07
Old Dec 23, 2009, 03:55 PM
United States, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Feb 2007
652 Posts
I forgot to add I am using 4s packs!
propnut07 is offline Find More Posts by propnut07
Old Dec 23, 2009, 04:17 PM
Perth, Tasmania, Australia
Joined May 2000
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propnut07 View Post
glad I tuned into this post as I have a hyperion Z4020 14 and now nothing about it and am not sure what to do about a esc for it.it came in a hyperion 70 superchipmunk and I got it practically for nothing if the motor is what I think it is.I also got all the servos.

can some one advise me what spped control I need.the prop on the motor is a 15x8 apc.from what I am seeing this is a strong motor .I also have a 55inch 3DH SHPextra.I am assuming this motor would provide strong 3D with the right set up. chime in please..
Look here for data on your motor http://www.aircraft-world.com/prod_d...z40/z40all.htm

Efficient amps is listed at 35-50A. Max amps is listed as 62A. I'd go for an Atlas 70A if you're happy with linear BEC (or use a SBEC in addition).

George
GeorgeC is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeC
Old Dec 26, 2009, 10:47 PM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
That data was taken with OLD generation lipo packs, and my max amp specs were pretty conservative. For the Z4020-14, the motor is best at around 55A~65A peak, but can be pushed up to about 75A and still have good overall efficiency.

The way to go is use fresh, good-quality lipo, and a logging device (or simple ammeter) to check peak current. These are the props to START with, if you have strong lipo:

5S - 14x7
4S - 15x8

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC View Post
Look here for data on your motor http://www.aircraft-world.com/prod_d...z40/z40all.htm

Efficient amps is listed at 35-50A. Max amps is listed as 62A. I'd go for an Atlas 70A if you're happy with linear BEC (or use a SBEC in addition).

George