Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 17, 2009, 03:23 AM
Perth, Tasmania, Australia
Joined May 2000
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McGregor
Hyperions are all rated times two for thirty seconds.

Yes, that is huge.
Andrew are we talking the same thing (Atlas ESC's)? You mean 1.2 don't you?

George
GeorgeC is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeC
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:23 PM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Answered via email earlier today.

I am extremely busy (and have been the past 6 weeks) working on setup for a Tech, Development, and Warranty center in the USA. I can only work about 12 hours a day, so for a while everything else is taking a back seat.

George, why not go with my recommendation (perhaps the Zs4025-16 on 8S 4000mAH), and if you don't like the results I'll give you a full refund.

Once we have the Tech center done, we will staff it with top people to get you the answers you want asap, as well as many fine new and improved products. Hang in there...

David

EMAIL:

Hi George,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been travelling the past few days.

The Current Limit function is triggered at 110%, but it takes a few seconds to kick in. For a 5-second glider run (or even 10 seconds) 144A should be fine. However, to insure no cut on over-current, you will have to disable the protection. This voids your warranty, but I think it unlikely to cause a problem. (note that even without warranty, you can get a replacement for 50% discount if broken or crashed). FYI, was testing a model with the same ESC the other day, and had peaks of 155A sustained for 20 seconds at a time. The ESC was warm, but not hot and performed just fine...

Best Regards,

David
Hyperion Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC
I'm not sure if I should post this here but I couldn't find a thread for Hyperion ESC's anywhere. I sent an email to Aircraft World and they suggested I post on the Hyperion thread as I would get a faster reply than waiting for the factory to reply. Doesn't say much for Hyperion factory service but a lot for the forum capability. This was my message -

Any thoughts anyone?

Regards,
George
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Old Sep 17, 2009, 04:36 PM
Perth, Tasmania, Australia
Joined May 2000
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
Answered via email earlier today.

I am extremely busy (and have been the past 6 weeks) working on setup for a Tech, Development, and Warranty center in the USA. I can only work about 12 hours a day, so for a while everything else is taking a back seat.

George, why not go with my recommendation (perhaps the Zs4025-16 on 8S 4000mAH), and if you don't like the results I'll give you a full refund.

Once we have the Tech center done, we will staff it with top people to get you the answers you want asap, as well as many fine new and improved products. Hang in there...

David

EMAIL:

Hi George,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been travelling the past few days.

The Current Limit function is triggered at 110%, but it takes a few seconds to kick in. For a 5-second glider run (or even 10 seconds) 144A should be fine. However, to insure no cut on over-current, you will have to disable the protection. This voids your warranty, but I think it unlikely to cause a problem. (note that even without warranty, you can get a replacement for 50% discount if broken or crashed). FYI, was testing a model with the same ESC the other day, and had peaks of 155A sustained for 20 seconds at a time. The ESC was warm, but not hot and performed just fine...

Best Regards,

David
Hyperion Tech
Hi David,
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you have a very busy timetable and I know we are very fortunate to have you regularly in the forum giving advice and support. We look forward to the new operation in the US although I hope the Japan operation will continue as the service to Australia is outstanding and often better than the LHS!

Re -4025-16 +8S As advised the 8S would be difficult to accommodate in the model I'm told. I'll talk with Greg today.
I'll go with the Atlas 120A - thanks for the feedback.

Regards.
George
GeorgeC is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeC
Old Sep 17, 2009, 06:17 PM
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC
Andrew are we talking the same thing (Atlas ESC's)? You mean 1.2 don't you?

George
Um, ignore me, I'm talking through a hole in my head (and now I have to go figure out how I got that idea...)
Andrew McGregor is offline Find More Posts by Andrew McGregor
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:40 AM
AMA 754
Phoenix area
Joined Apr 2004
1,607 Posts
In reply to an earlier query: Hyperion HS-series high-performance outrunners are now available at www.allerc.com . These are comparatively high Kv motors, so be sure to click the link to the Datasheet.... each HS motor page has the link following the text.
BobRCnut is offline Find More Posts by BobRCnut
Old Sep 18, 2009, 08:30 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,229 Posts
Dave,

Any news on the 150 and 200 Amp 16S controllers? Looking at availability and price. I've got 2 projects on hold until I have a solution and either of these would be great...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Sep 19, 2009, 01:22 AM
wormburner
Minneapolis
Joined May 2009
811 Posts
yall probably dont care, but these motors are works of art. the packaging is top notch and they are very very good looking. oh yeah, my little kahuna (zs 3020-10 922kv) came in the mail today and the bf-109g ships next weekish. life is good.
grimace308 is offline Find More Posts by grimace308
Old Sep 23, 2009, 05:57 AM
Tallinn, Estonia
Joined Aug 2009
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRCnut
In reply to an earlier query: Hyperion HS-series high-performance outrunners are now available at www.allerc.com . These are comparatively high Kv motors, so be sure to click the link to the Datasheet.... each HS motor page has the link following the text.
Any idea when these will be available from http://www.hyperion-eu.com/ ?
tuupola is offline Find More Posts by tuupola
Old Sep 23, 2009, 06:12 AM
Antony (France)
Joined Sep 2003
2,879 Posts
Zs 3020-10

Hi

The pictures of the ZS 3020-10 are pretty
What are the connectors ? (PK or MP-Jet style ? 3.5 or 4 mm or .. ?)
What are included in the box ? prop adapters ? collet or endbell side or both ?

I would have prefered engraving ZS 3020-xxx (xxx for Kv) rather than 10 (turns)
Louis
Fourdan is offline Find More Posts by Fourdan
Old Sep 23, 2009, 06:30 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
near Nijmegen, Netherlands
Joined Feb 2001
10,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdan
... I would have prefered engraving ZS 3020-xxx (xxx for Kv) rather than 10 (turns)...
Excellent suggestion, Kv says it all, number of turns says nothing (although the e-car drivers still think it does).

Extended suggestion:
ZS 3020 Kv=xxx rpm/Volt.
NOT xxx Kv, that's plain wrong. Kv is a physical quantity, not a unit. '1300Kv' would be the same as saying that I weigh 115mass or 2.01length tall, instead of 115kg and 2.01m.

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; Sep 23, 2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 09:41 AM
Citizen #96
NE Denver, CO
Joined Sep 2007
713 Posts
Hello all,

I just started flying a Wolf Samson II with a ZS40-25-16 and last night I took the cowl off and noticed a ring of oil on the inside of it. Evidently the oil was slung off the motor when I first started running it. I suspect this is normal but here is my question. These motors are built by Scorpion and they recommend oiling the bearings periodically. I have the Scorpion bearing oil. Should I be oiling these bearings and how often?
Thanks, Steve
Steve Graham is offline Find More Posts by Steve Graham
Old Sep 28, 2009, 09:27 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
I have 5 of the new Hyperion motors in both airplanes and helicopters.

If you haven't tried the new Zs or Hs Hyperion motors do yourself a favor and try one. You'll be glad you did.

These new motors have turned my purchases around. Instead of looking for a motor to fit a model I want, I find myself looking for models to go with the motor I want.

Love the Silver and Blue David, these motors look great and they perform even better than they look.
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:11 PM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Yes, the Zs40 series use a roller bearing at the firewall side of the motor. These are quite full of oil when new, and like any roller will spray a bit. It is best practice to re-oil them every 50 flights or so.

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.W. Corrigan
Hello all,

I just started flying a Wolf Samson II with a ZS40-25-16 and last night I took the cowl off and noticed a ring of oil on the inside of it. Evidently the oil was slung off the motor when I first started running it. I suspect this is normal but here is my question. These motors are built by Scorpion and they recommend oiling the bearings periodically. I have the Scorpion bearing oil. Should I be oiling these bearings and how often?
Thanks, Steve
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:02 AM
Registered Abuser
Purf, AUSTRALIA
Joined Jan 2008
1,005 Posts
Dave, is there any maintenance like oil bearings with the Zs3025?
clintski is offline Find More Posts by clintski
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:59 AM
89" Kool Aid drinker.
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined Dec 2001
3,133 Posts
I didn't realize the HS series was out. Now I have replacements for the heli motors when I finally fry them. Been trying for a while, but they are still holding on!

Mike
Smash McCrash is offline Find More Posts by Smash McCrash