SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 23, 2009, 02:26 AM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Sep 2006
91 Posts
Help!
Losi Raminator (Mini LST) 1/18th steering servos stripped

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me get my son off my back...

He just turned 5 and we got him the Losi Raminator for Christmas. We've since stripped both steering servos, one on one day and the other about a week later and my son asks me about five times a day if I've fixed his truck yet. I've been searching and reading for about a week straight now but I'm not sure I'm getting up to date information since most the posts dealing with these servos are usually pretty old.

I need to replace both steering servos and want to get something that will last. I've read the JR S241MG's are a good fit, work with the stock servo saver, and only require a couple additional holes. Problem is they are $40 each and are slower than the stock cheapo's. I've read people are using Hitec HS-81MG's but I think they are cutting the chassis or something to get them in there. I've got a couple HS-82MG's for a plane I'm building and they are considerably bigger than the stock cheapo's. I would like to use some HS-65HB's that I just pulled from another plane, but the spline is too small for the stock servo saver. I'd be inclined to just buy the replacement stock versions but they are ~$25 and it just doens't make sense when I can get HS-82MG's for ~$22 or the HS-65HB's for $20.

Any help or direction on this would be greatly appreciated.
eckcessive is offline Find More Posts by eckcessive
Last edited by eckcessive; Mar 26, 2009 at 05:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2009, 04:20 PM
Joined Sep 2008
246 Posts
i would get the hitec hs-55's they have a lot of travel and work great and they area pretty cheap
rcmasta is offline Find More Posts by rcmasta
Old Mar 24, 2009, 07:42 PM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Sep 2006
91 Posts
but the HS-55's are cheap servos as well and the stock servo saver will not fit the spline. Losi does make an HS-55 servo saver, but it is for the Mini-T and if I'm not mistaken the Raminator is built on the Mini LST platform. Am I wrong?
Old Mar 26, 2009, 12:23 AM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
Raminator, rammunition, mini lst, mini lst2, and mini monster baja are all built on the same mini lst platform.
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
Old Mar 26, 2009, 05:43 PM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Sep 2006
91 Posts
So when you guys are changing the steering servos on the Mini LST, what are you using?
Old Mar 26, 2009, 08:22 PM
Joined Sep 2008
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckcessive
So when you guys are changing the steering servos on the Mini LST, what are you using?
i dont understand what you mean by this
rcmasta is offline Find More Posts by rcmasta
Old Mar 26, 2009, 08:38 PM
My Rhino
Southern California
Joined Oct 2007
704 Posts
I have some good associated servos that should work. I raced 18th scales forever and these were fine They are almost brand new. Won them at the last race.
jjlaxdog is offline Find More Posts by jjlaxdog
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:26 AM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
Make sure you lube the servo savers. The ones on this truck are not that good. Also, look at this.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7527546/tm.htm
MG servo mod.
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die