HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2009, 12:03 PM
United States, AR
Joined Mar 2009
520 Posts
Discussion
Nitroplane, why is it so hard to keep your stuff in stock!

I've ordered from you once before and was quite happy with your service and the item I received. My question is, why is so much of your stock always on back order?
Randbo39 is offline Find More Posts by Randbo39
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2009, 03:29 PM
AMA # L576
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Sep 2006
2,227 Posts
Because their prices are fair? It's also hard to estimate how much of a particular item you will sell, and it is never the same item that sells like crazy all the time. All of their products are shipped by container ship from China. Also, every week just about, they put particular items on a special sale.

If you are interested in a particular plane or heli and it is out of stock. Just ask here. Bruce checks in here almost every day and can find out when the next shipment will get in.
vhoward1122 is offline Find More Posts by vhoward1122
Old Mar 22, 2009, 07:45 PM
United States, AR
Joined Mar 2009
520 Posts
I'm interested in the Thunder T6 and Thunder AC6 Smart Balance chargers. Bruce,when will you get them in stock?
Randbo39 is offline Find More Posts by Randbo39
Old Mar 23, 2009, 01:56 AM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randbo39
I'm interested in the Thunder T6 and Thunder AC6 Smart Balance chargers. Bruce,when will you get them in stock?

I was told first of March. Still haven't see them. I bought something else.
neck is online now Find More Posts by neck
Old Mar 23, 2009, 01:56 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randbo39
Productions have been delayed on certain products because a lot of factories in Asia are going through a restructing process due to the flailing economy. The T6 is on the way and should be in stock within the next few weeks.
nitroplanes is offline Find More Posts by nitroplanes
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:32 PM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,306 Posts
Sorry I ended up grabbing something else. Maybe when it comes it i'll pick it up. Would be nice since your stock is always out you had a auto notfity. Just a suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroplanes
Productions have been delayed on certain products because a lot of factories in Asia are going through a restructing process due to the flailing economy. The T6 is on the way and should be in stock within the next few weeks.
neck is online now Find More Posts by neck
Old Apr 28, 2009, 03:22 PM
Joined Sep 2007
22 Posts
Back Orders

I have asked about several planes, serveral times via e-mail and got NO reply?. It's taking longer than two month's and still No Planes?
bj266 is offline Find More Posts by bj266
Old Apr 28, 2009, 04:01 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj266
I have asked about several planes, serveral times via e-mail and got NO reply?. It's taking longer than two month's and still No Planes?
Which models are you interested in? I will find a est. date for you. Thanks

Bruce
nitroplanes.com
Old May 02, 2009, 12:49 AM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
930 Posts
I think Nitroplanes has missed out on a tremendous amount of business because of this issue. I keep wanting to throw hundreds of dollars at them because they often have the best planes listed at very favorable prices, but they just can't keep the items in stock. I was going to buy their new $85 T-6 Texan today but it was sold out. I had inquired about another plane months ago and was told "just a few more days sir, it will be here" and like a previous poster stated, it didn't ever show up.

I don't mind a product being sold out, because I understand that's a natural consequence of a good dealer and a good product. I do have a problem with customer service trying to string me along with false promises. Banana Hobby has this plane in stock and although it's $10 more, I'm considering placing the order with them and keeping my fingers crossed. I've heard they can be hit-or-miss.

On the other hand, nitro does a great job of providing such a large selection that its hard to be dead-set on one particular model. As much as I like the T-6, they also have a T-34 that may fit the bill as well. We'll see how I feel this weekend. I just wish they would make it easier on us all and at least keep half the models in stock!
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old May 02, 2009, 01:35 AM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt
I think Nitroplanes has missed out on a tremendous amount of business because of this issue. I keep wanting to throw hundreds of dollars at them because they often have the best planes listed at very favorable prices, but they just can't keep the items in stock. I was going to buy their new $85 T-6 Texan today but it was sold out. I had inquired about another plane months ago and was told "just a few more days sir, it will be here" and like a previous poster stated, it didn't ever show up.

I don't mind a product being sold out, because I understand that's a natural consequence of a good dealer and a good product. I do have a problem with customer service trying to string me along with false promises. Banana Hobby has this plane in stock and although it's $10 more, I'm considering placing the order with them and keeping my fingers crossed. I've heard they can be hit-or-miss.

On the other hand, nitro does a great job of providing such a large selection that its hard to be dead-set on one particular model. As much as I like the T-6, they also have a T-34 that may fit the bill as well. We'll see how I feel this weekend. I just wish they would make it easier on us all and at least keep half the models in stock!
All the budget 4-ch planes are in production already. Will update you when the container is on the way. If you like to preorder, we offer 10% OFF. Just let me know which models you are interested and I'll help you out.

Thanks
Bruce
Old May 02, 2009, 02:14 PM
Swinger. Heli and planks!
United States, OR, Foster
Joined Mar 2007
945 Posts
Hey Bruce,

I was wondering if you could tell me if Nitroplanes will be carrying the CMPro Cessna 182 .42-50 size again? Its been awhile sense I have seen it on your website, actually its been awhile sense I have seen any scale cessna's on nitroplanes website. Anyways, I am interested in the CMPro Cessna if you have any information on it, I would be happy to hear about it!

Thanks!
BennettOZ84 is offline Find More Posts by BennettOZ84
Old May 02, 2009, 02:23 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroplanes
All the budget 4-ch planes are in production already. Will update you when the container is on the way. If you like to preorder, we offer 10% OFF. Just let me know which models you are interested and I'll help you out.

Thanks
Bruce
I didn't know you could pre-order a plane once it's already listed for sale and sold out. Do I need to send an email to Customer Service? I like the silver AT-6 4-channel plane, but I'm not sure I want to wait around for it to get here on the slow boat.
Old May 06, 2009, 12:12 AM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettOZ84
Hey Bruce,

I was wondering if you could tell me if Nitroplanes will be carrying the CMPro Cessna 182 .42-50 size again? Its been awhile sense I have seen it on your website, actually its been awhile sense I have seen any scale cessna's on nitroplanes website. Anyways, I am interested in the CMPro Cessna if you have any information on it, I would be happy to hear about it!

Thanks!
We will have the one without the Cessna logo end of this week, same exact model. $99. Will update you.
Old May 06, 2009, 12:13 AM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt
I didn't know you could pre-order a plane once it's already listed for sale and sold out. Do I need to send an email to Customer Service? I like the silver AT-6 4-channel plane, but I'm not sure I want to wait around for it to get here on the slow boat.
Ya, I can make it special order for you this week. I have to find out the approx. ship date first and if they are within 2-3 weeks, we'll have the backorder special

Thanks
Old May 06, 2009, 02:17 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
930 Posts
Thanks for the help Bruce, you are awesome. However, after some thought and careful deliberation I decided to take a chance on your PNP T-34 with brushless upgrades since the price line was close to the T-6 and this model had more power on tap. You guys got it out the door the next day, so I have to say I'm impressed - Just hoping the plane survives a flight or two once it gets here!