HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2001, 05:19 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Trying out Motocalc, some questions...

Hi all

I'm trying the 30 day motocalc offer and I'm already really impressed with the results. It's almost as addictive as the E-Zone..

Any-way the questions are such.. Is there be a way of figuring out how weird custom winds would run, such as five pole vs. three pole, armature diameter adjustments and GWS slow flyer motor constants, plus how do the conversions of previous bushing bearings to BB, (like the Mag Mayhem) effect the motor's efficiency.

I guess I should be asking Stef about this but I'd like to ask anyone who's done some filter adjustments in their's.

Thanx in
advance

Looee
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2001, 05:32 PM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts
Looee,
There really is no way to predict the effect of many of the parameters you mentioned, for that you would need a motor design analysis program(and the results would be of little benefit without a way to fabricate the proposed designs)

Motocalc is based on the gross behaviour of the motor as reflected in the Kv and resistance, so by knowing the effect on these parameters of a proposed change - like should I use the 5 or 6 or 7 turn motor, you can plug the motor constants in and get your answer.

For things like number of poles, diameter, etc, there is no general conclusion that can be made on how this will effect the motor constants, so motocalc can't help.

radix2 is offline Find More Posts by radix2
Old Jun 12, 2001, 01:10 PM
MotoCalc Developer
Moorefield, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2001
315 Posts
You're probably already aware of this, but just in case you overlooked it...

The only thing MotoCalc has in the way of motor design features is the ability to change the number of windings, leaving all else the same. Just click the Design button in the Motor pane.

stefanv is offline Find More Posts by stefanv