Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:32 PM
Canada, AB, Champion
Joined Aug 2012
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
Miss Spelling. Is she the Taiwan maiden? It doesn't sound like a Taiwanese name.
Actually I find out she is not Taiwanese, she is Korean
superrcflier is offline Find More Posts by superrcflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:34 PM
Canada, AB, Champion
Joined Aug 2012
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhumormarc View Post
I love it! Lol

he also got spelling mistake too
superrcflier is offline Find More Posts by superrcflier
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:27 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Australia, QLD, Little Mountain
Joined Feb 2010
4,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Looks like she's flying her full scale Model Plane Foam aircraft - The first in the world! I was wondering where all that foam we were shipping California was going.......
She has a build log, but it's all in Chinese.
Even the pictures. You have to look at them from right to left so they are incomprehensible to the occidental eye.
I could make out a reference to MPF. Something about, "Bending willingly to forming part of most beautiful curving nature."
Whiskers is offline Find More Posts by Whiskers
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:28 AM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
454 Posts
Quote:
"Bending willingly to forming part of most beautiful curving nature."

lol
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:09 PM
Old Prop Buster
United States, CA, Grass Valley
Joined Dec 2009
653 Posts
Quote:
Spot on Mike!
Here she is:
Good one, I can't believe I actually Googled Miss Spel Ling!!!!! Just like PT Barnum said a sucker born every minute
Gary
Sir Dumb Thumb is offline Find More Posts by Sir Dumb Thumb
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:32 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
454 Posts
and what's wrong with that, SDT ??? :-)
I'm nearly at the point where I Google Image -everything- before running a regular search!
rc
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
Old Mar 29, 2013, 05:09 PM
20+ years rc pro and semi pro
Joined Mar 2013
84 Posts
3d dollar store foamy

i built this little 3-d / pattern plane with less than half a sheet of foam core from the $tore. my first one was 3 ch using champ electrics and this one has ailerons and uses the guts from a eflite micro mustang. its a bit on the heavy side so im shrinking the plans to make a smaller one!

im not sure which set of plans i used so thanks to the guy who made them whoever you are

the templates printed on 4 sheets of paper but could fit on 2 with some moving around

i put my turnigy 9xr in the pic for size perspective , BEST RADIO EVER I modded the 2.4 module to use the internal antenna . the radio , lipo , and module cost around $100usd and its really amazing . the spektrum 18qq or whatever its called is over $1200usd and this radio is really a close comparison ! alot of guys on here think the Turnigy radio is chinese junk but thats because they never got their hands on a 9xr! i know Spektrum makes good electronics i used a dx6i and dx8 for years but they both broke and now i can honestly say the 9xr is better than both (in my opinion). we all love a very expensive hobby and the guys at Turnigy and Hobby King are really trying to make things affordable !

It makes me wonder how much does it cost to build a decent radio?? are the guys at Spektrum really ripping people off? Im sure they use higher quality components but can the consumer really tell the difference?? the 9xr has ball bearings in the gimbals along with nice switches and pots plus in the future it can be flashed and totally updated so to me its a no brainer 9xr is the way to go you can buy a 9xr and 11 bnf planes for the same price as the QQ.... that sounds like a lot more fun than 1 radio with a case and cleaning cloth

Name: DSCN5452.jpg
Views: 143
Size: 277.4 KB
Description:

Name: DSCN5454.jpg
Views: 128
Size: 281.7 KB
Description:

Name: DSCN5457.jpg
Views: 124
Size: 287.0 KB
Description:

Name: DSCN5446.jpg
Views: 119
Size: 239.3 KB
Description:

Name: DSCN5450.jpg
Views: 114
Size: 244.0 KB
Description:

Name: DSCN5442.jpg
Views: 124
Size: 264.4 KB
Description:
rc brian nj is offline Find More Posts by rc brian nj
Old Mar 30, 2013, 01:32 AM
Joined Aug 2006
537 Posts
I just built FoamFlyer's pusher plane with Dollar Tree foam..a little out of balance, but it flies alright. Wondering if there are any plans for this foam, some of the planes I have seen pictures of I would love to see plans for, espeically the little biplane with wing struts..reminds me of the old Aero Ace bipe...
iceman88 is offline Find More Posts by iceman88
Old Mar 30, 2013, 03:16 PM
Joined Aug 2006
537 Posts
DO you have paper on the foam there Brian? If not, how did you attach the airlerons and elevator? Packing tape?
Old Mar 30, 2013, 07:43 PM
United States, CA, San Rafael
Joined Mar 2012
131 Posts
Personally, I use duck tape for the control surfaces because the packing tape rips easily.
Averan is offline Find More Posts by Averan
Old Mar 30, 2013, 08:42 PM
Joined Aug 2006
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averan View Post
Personally, I use duck tape for the control surfaces because the packing tape rips easily.
I would think the duct tape would be really heavy..do you put it on both sides of the control surface?..do u gave it at all for movement?
Old Mar 30, 2013, 08:59 PM
United States, CA, San Rafael
Joined Mar 2012
131 Posts
You don't need to blanket the entire control surface! 3 narrow strips is plenty. I use balsa though and noticed that packing tape doesn't stick well. If you don't mind flappy foam control surfaces you probably can go with packing tape.
Averan is offline Find More Posts by Averan
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:35 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averan View Post
You don't need to blanket the entire control surface! 3 narrow strips is plenty.
Iceman88, that's what I did on the pusher plane. I will swap them out for more regular hinges, though -- I need to redo the duct tape hinges before every session, and they are never as tight as I want them.
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: YouTube Channel - CallSignVMan
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:44 PM
RC Adddict
150 mile house B.C. Canada
Joined Jan 2010
4,078 Posts
Vman you gotta give foamtac hinges a try , i wont do hinges any other way now
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:34 PM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2012
739 Posts
hey all,
here is a dollar tree foam Mig-17 50mm EDF for ya, here is the link to the build thread, plans, flight video, and a few pics of the finished bird

enjoy

Joe

p.s. the smaller version is dollar tree foam also and has a 30mm fan

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1842369
sloperjoe is offline Find More Posts by sloperjoe