HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
 
Thread Tools
Old Mar 21, 2009, 03:52 PM
rmra
Guest
n/a Posts
FS: (2) 11.1V 4000mAh rechargeable LI-PO batteries - price is OK, but how about that shipping charge?

http://xrl.us/2LIPO

Why do sellers do that?

Old Mar 21, 2009, 05:08 PM
Fubar of the HillPeople
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: (2) 11.1V 4000mAh rechargeable LI-PO batteries - price is OK, but how about that shipping charge?

Because its drop shipped from Hong Kong for one thing. For another thing,
Ebay charges sellers a percentage of the final price but not the shipping
cost therefore some sellers pad their profits by charging a large amount for
the shipping and handling.
There are several Ebay sellers from time to time who supposedly ship from
Los Angeles and charge $25 to $30 shipping on a $24.95 plane but will not
allow local pickup. If they would be honest and maybe bring up the cost of
the plane a bit but charge real shipping I would probably buy from them but
since they don't, I wont.

In the case of these LiPo packs you would still be getting a pair of 4
amp packs for less than $20 each but how good could the quality be?

Dan

"rmra" <nobody@pseudo.borked.net> wrote in message
news:e0a87ec9d61ad4c0d6c7d870fbab9c1b@pseudo.borke d.net...
> http://xrl.us/2LIPO
>
> Why do sellers do that?
>


Old Mar 30, 2009, 01:00 AM
Jim
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: (2) 11.1V 4000mAh rechargeable LI-PO batteries - price is OK, but how about that shipping charge?

Have you checked the price to ship stuff by USPS lately? The $25 to $30 may
be an honest shipping price!! The only economical and dependable way to ship
anything of any size these days is FedEx Ground. I have GREAT luck with
them. I'm in the hobby business and I ship a lot. Under no circumstances
ever let UPS get within 10 feet of anything you don't want to see pulverized
and they'll only charge you about three times as much as Fedex for the
privilege!


"Fubar of the HillPeople" <fubar1@(DieSpammers)socal.rr.com> wrote in
message news:gq3kuc$uv9$1@aioe.org...
> Because its drop shipped from Hong Kong for one thing. For another
> thing, Ebay charges sellers a percentage of the final price but not the
> shipping cost therefore some sellers pad their profits by charging a large
> amount for the shipping and handling.
> There are several Ebay sellers from time to time who supposedly ship
> from Los Angeles and charge $25 to $30 shipping on a $24.95 plane but will
> not allow local pickup. If they would be honest and maybe bring up the
> cost of the plane a bit but charge real shipping I would probably buy from
> them but since they don't, I wont.
>
> In the case of these LiPo packs you would still be getting a pair of 4
> amp packs for less than $20 each but how good could the quality be?
>
> Dan
>
> "rmra" <nobody@pseudo.borked.net> wrote in message
> news:e0a87ec9d61ad4c0d6c7d870fbab9c1b@pseudo.borke d.net...
>> http://xrl.us/2LIPO
>>
>> Why do sellers do that?
>>

>



Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:19 AM
PCPhill
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: (2) 11.1V 4000mAh rechargeable LI-PO batteries - price is OK, but how about that shipping charge?

I have had about equal results with damage from FedEx, UPS, and the USPS.
FedEx has delivered my stuff to random houses in the neighborhood though. I
check to see if it has been delivered, then drive around looking for big
boxes at front doors...

PCPhill

Disclaimer: I've worked for UPS forever, but usually ship other ways due to
price. If I need a ground package actually delivered on time anywhere, UPS
works the best.

"Jim" <jim@slaughter.org> wrote in message
news:ylYzl.533$Q52.519@nwrddc02.gnilink.net...
> Have you checked the price to ship stuff by USPS lately? The $25 to $30
> may be an honest shipping price!! The only economical and dependable way
> to ship anything of any size these days is FedEx Ground. I have GREAT luck
> with them. I'm in the hobby business and I ship a lot. Under no
> circumstances ever let UPS get within 10 feet of anything you don't want
> to see pulverized and they'll only charge you about three times as much as
> Fedex for the privilege!
>
>
> "Fubar of the HillPeople" <fubar1@(DieSpammers)socal.rr.com> wrote in
> message news:gq3kuc$uv9$1@aioe.org...
>> Because its drop shipped from Hong Kong for one thing. For another
>> thing, Ebay charges sellers a percentage of the final price but not the
>> shipping cost therefore some sellers pad their profits by charging a
>> large amount for the shipping and handling.
>> There are several Ebay sellers from time to time who supposedly ship
>> from Los Angeles and charge $25 to $30 shipping on a $24.95 plane but
>> will not allow local pickup. If they would be honest and maybe bring up
>> the cost of the plane a bit but charge real shipping I would probably buy
>> from them but since they don't, I wont.
>>
>> In the case of these LiPo packs you would still be getting a pair of 4
>> amp packs for less than $20 each but how good could the quality be?
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> "rmra" <nobody@pseudo.borked.net> wrote in message
>> news:e0a87ec9d61ad4c0d6c7d870fbab9c1b@pseudo.borke d.net...
>>> http://xrl.us/2LIPO
>>>
>>> Why do sellers do that?
>>>

>>

>
>

Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:36 PM
Fubar of the HillPeople
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: (2) 11.1V 4000mAh rechargeable LI-PO batteries - price is OK, but how about that shipping charge?

Yeah, but $30 to ship a $25 plane? Across town? Stating in the Ebay listing
in pretty much all caps, "No local pickup". And I'm pretty sure its not
USPS.
Naw, in the case of this particular Ebay seller, its padding the price of
the plane, I have no doubt.
Hey, if it works for the dude, more power to him but I wont bid.

Dan


"Jim" <jim@slaughter.org> wrote in message
news:ylYzl.533$Q52.519@nwrddc02.gnilink.net...
> Have you checked the price to ship stuff by USPS lately? The $25 to $30
> may be an honest shipping price!! The only economical and dependable way
> to ship anything of any size these days is FedEx Ground. I have GREAT luck
> with them. I'm in the hobby business and I ship a lot. Under no
> circumstances ever let UPS get within 10 feet of anything you don't want
> to see pulverized and they'll only charge you about three times as much as
> Fedex for the privilege!
>
>
> "Fubar of the HillPeople" <fubar1@(DieSpammers)socal.rr.com> wrote in
> message news:gq3kuc$uv9$1@aioe.org...
>> Because its drop shipped from Hong Kong for one thing. For another
>> thing, Ebay charges sellers a percentage of the final price but not the
>> shipping cost therefore some sellers pad their profits by charging a
>> large amount for the shipping and handling.
>> There are several Ebay sellers from time to time who supposedly ship
>> from Los Angeles and charge $25 to $30 shipping on a $24.95 plane but
>> will not allow local pickup. If they would be honest and maybe bring up
>> the cost of the plane a bit but charge real shipping I would probably buy
>> from them but since they don't, I wont.
>>
>> In the case of these LiPo packs you would still be getting a pair of 4
>> amp packs for less than $20 each but how good could the quality be?
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> "rmra" <nobody@pseudo.borked.net> wrote in message
>> news:e0a87ec9d61ad4c0d6c7d870fbab9c1b@pseudo.borke d.net...
>>> http://xrl.us/2LIPO
>>>
>>> Why do sellers do that?
>>>

>>

>
>


Old Apr 03, 2009, 01:48 PM
Jim
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: (2) 11.1V 4000mAh rechargeable LI-PO batteries - price is OK, but how about that shipping charge?

I agree. There are some sellers on Ebay that figure they'll make a large
chunk of their profit on the shipping. I always
look at what they're charging for shipping before I bid. Once I bid, I'm a
big boy and have to take my medicine...no
room to complain.

Remember, if the price you have bid + the shipping cost is still within
reason as to what you are willing to pay for the item,
why complain? Usually, items with high shipping costs don't get high bids,
so it somewhat equals out anyway.,

"Fubar of the HillPeople" <fubar1@(DieSpammers)socal.rr.com> wrote in
message news:gqrl0b$b5f$1@aioe.org...
> Yeah, but $30 to ship a $25 plane? Across town? Stating in the Ebay
> listing in pretty much all caps, "No local pickup". And I'm pretty sure
> its not USPS.
> Naw, in the case of this particular Ebay seller, its padding the price of
> the plane, I have no doubt.
> Hey, if it works for the dude, more power to him but I wont bid.
>
> Dan
>
>
> "Jim" <jim@slaughter.org> wrote in message
> news:ylYzl.533$Q52.519@nwrddc02.gnilink.net...
>> Have you checked the price to ship stuff by USPS lately? The $25 to $30
>> may be an honest shipping price!! The only economical and dependable way
>> to ship anything of any size these days is FedEx Ground. I have GREAT
>> luck with them. I'm in the hobby business and I ship a lot. Under no
>> circumstances ever let UPS get within 10 feet of anything you don't want
>> to see pulverized and they'll only charge you about three times as much
>> as Fedex for the privilege!
>>
>>
>> "Fubar of the HillPeople" <fubar1@(DieSpammers)socal.rr.com> wrote in
>> message news:gq3kuc$uv9$1@aioe.org...
>>> Because its drop shipped from Hong Kong for one thing. For another
>>> thing, Ebay charges sellers a percentage of the final price but not the
>>> shipping cost therefore some sellers pad their profits by charging a
>>> large amount for the shipping and handling.
>>> There are several Ebay sellers from time to time who supposedly ship
>>> from Los Angeles and charge $25 to $30 shipping on a $24.95 plane but
>>> will not allow local pickup. If they would be honest and maybe bring up
>>> the cost of the plane a bit but charge real shipping I would probably
>>> buy from them but since they don't, I wont.
>>>
>>> In the case of these LiPo packs you would still be getting a pair of 4
>>> amp packs for less than $20 each but how good could the quality be?
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>
>>> "rmra" <nobody@pseudo.borked.net> wrote in message
>>> news:e0a87ec9d61ad4c0d6c7d870fbab9c1b@pseudo.borke d.net...
>>>> http://xrl.us/2LIPO
>>>>
>>>> Why do sellers do that?
>>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>



 


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Impulse 11.1v 2100mAh 16C Li-Po Battery Price Reduced Free Shipping Mikemynameis Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 1 Jul 03, 2008 04:20 PM
Sold Impulse 11.1v 4000mAh 20C Li-Po Price Reduced Mikemynameis Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 3 Jan 30, 2008 07:37 PM
Sold 2 batteries Impulse 11.1v 4000mAh 20C Li-Po Mikemynameis Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Jul 20, 2007 01:18 AM
Discussion Anyone use the E-Power 11.1V 1300mAH 3S Li-Po Battery? SteveCH Micro Helis 33 Aug 22, 2006 04:44 PM
Discussion new 11.1V 1200mAh 10C Li-Po doesnt charge shows 8 Volt seismic Batteries and Chargers 4 Jan 01, 2006 12:34 PM