HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2003, 08:35 AM
Duf
Florida
Joined Aug 2002
163 Posts
HECELLS, new video & other fun stuff

This weekend I set up my first HECELL pack for my brushless Sky Scooter. All I can say is wow! The first 2 or 3 minutes of the pack are pretty amazing. It took off like a rocket and climbed to a couple hundred feet in no time. Much more power than I have experienced before and this was using a graupner cam folding prop which offers less performace than the APC 8x4e prop I typically use. HECELLS rock! After the flight, the pack was only warm, not hot. Good stuff.

I hooked up my wireless rig to the Slowstick I got from Cactus. It works great. The stick hauls it up no problem and the slower flight speed results in a more watchable video. I have the clips on my rc site. http://rc.duf.net This time I deinterlaced them as suggested by someone on this board. The video system is one of those rigs you see on ebay. About 100 bucks complete. Not anywhere near the high end systems in quality but for the money I can't complain.

I hope to get some video of my Scooter running HECELLS to demonstrate what I am talking about soon. Let me know how you like the videos. BROADBAND needed for the clips.
Duf is offline Find More Posts by Duf
to remove ads between posts