SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by XtremeWingRC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 06:09 PM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,493 Posts
Trader Rating: 81
Sold
Dimension Engineering LIPO CUTOFF LIPO SHIELD CELLSHIELD

Working in good order i came across this the other day and forgot i was sitting on this and i don't race brushless boats anymore. Good lipo shield if your ESC doesnt support lipo cutoff. Paid 20.00 at dimensionengineering.com

$10.00 CONUS and free shipping!!! PAYPAL ACCEPTED
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2009, 10:06 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,023 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
How many cells is this for? Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Mar 21, 2009, 09:16 PM
Joined Oct 2007
2,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith
How many cells is this for? Tom
Hope this is helpful Tom. Info from the manufacturer at dimensionengineering.com

LipoShield is intended for aircraft with 0-100% style one direction only throttle. A future product will be aimed at cars.

Product Specs

Model: LipoShield
Specifications: Input voltage: 1s to 12s Lithium or Lithium Polymer
Cutoff voltage: 3.0V/cell
Weight: 3.5g/.13oz
Works with both brushed and brushless ESCs
Applications: Any plane without an effective lithium cutoff.

LipoShield is a low voltage cutoff device which enables any ESC to be used with lithium battery packs. It installs easily between your receiver and ESC and provides a reliable 3.0V per cell soft cutoff to prevent over-discharge damage to your expensive lipo packs.

LipoShield is a soft cutoff, so it is appropriate for any plane, even 3D types. The soft cutoff gradually reduces power to the motor allowing you to make a controlled landing.

When you notice the aircraft becoming sluggish, it is time to bring it in. The cutoff can be reset by throttling down to zero, then throttling back up. This enables a “go around” to prevent emergency landings and long walks to retrieve your plane.

LipoShield automatically detects the number of lithium cells in your battery pack at power-up and sets the appropriate cutoff voltage. It then continuously displays the detected number of cells by blinking the “Cells” LED. LipoShield works whether you’re running a BEC built into your ESC, a separate BEC such as ParkBEC or even a receiver pack.

LipoShield uses a microcontroller to modify the throttle signal sent from the receiver to the speed control. As a result, it works equally well with older ESCs that have no lithium cutoff settings, and new ESCs that have unreliable cutoffs. It will even work in conjunction with another soft cutoff built into your speed control.

LipoShield works equally well with brushed or brushless ESCs.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 09:33 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,023 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
I'll take it. That sounds like something I can use in my sailplane. Please PM me your full name and address and I will send a money order out tomorrow. Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Mar 22, 2009, 06:28 PM
Joined Oct 2007
2,493 Posts
sold to tom smith
Closed Thread