HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2003, 08:02 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,003 Posts
New Projeti - "Reno Racer" and "Star" editions

Am I right in thinking these new versions of are just cosmetic (i.e. new decals)?

http://www.conzelmann-modelltechnik....ojstar_03.html

http://www.conzelmann-modelltechnik....ojreno_04.html
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2003, 09:12 AM
Fly
Alamogordo, New Mexico, United States
Joined Apr 2002
694 Posts
This was already disscused last month.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=Projeti
darenm is offline Find More Posts by darenm
Old Mar 24, 2003, 09:49 AM
Joined Nov 2000
11,003 Posts
OK ... before posting I searched on "Projeti and Reno", which doesn't bring that thread up.

But it doesn't answer my question anyway, does anyone know if these are different from the stock Projeti (apart from the colour scheme)?
Old Mar 24, 2003, 12:43 PM
Oakdale, MN, USA
Joined Sep 2001
379 Posts
Bill,

I, too, have an interest in these Projeti versions, especially the "Star". I found that other thread in my search, but it doesn't say if they are available or where they are available. My guess is you should see them on that side of the pond before we see them on this side. Please let us know what you find.

Best regards,

Dale Case
Dale Case is offline Find More Posts by Dale Case
Old Mar 24, 2003, 04:01 PM
"Bible Thumper"
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2001
1,924 Posts
WOW!! Those new colors and decals give that plane a nice beer goggle effect. I thought it was kinda ugly before, but I'd take it home to meet mom now
AMTJIM is offline Find More Posts by AMTJIM
Old Mar 24, 2003, 05:46 PM
Joined Nov 2000
11,003 Posts
I've never seen a Projeti 'in the flesh'. The manufacturers shots always seem to make the fus look quite sleek, but I've seen a few pictures posted by Ezoners that are much less flattering ... it can look pretty plump from some angles!
Old Mar 24, 2003, 09:43 PM
TN
Joined May 2000
1,136 Posts
Keep watching the Hobby Lobby web site for a release of these two.

The differences from the stock (yellow) Projeti are a white foam fuselage of slightly higher density and other changes are graphic. I just finished the Star Edition and I think that it makes a handsome aircraft. It should also be a bullet as I installed a Mega 3 turn brushless on 8 1700 NiMh cells. I flew this same setup in a Graupner Mini Star Jet, very fast and powerful. The Projeti is quite a bit faster than the Star Jet with the same power so my new Projeti should be a real blast.

I'll post some pictures soon,

Mike Hines
Hiflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hiflyer
Old Mar 25, 2003, 04:27 AM
Joined Nov 2000
11,003 Posts
Thanks for the info Mike! I'm lining up another potential home for my Fun 400-28 and 8x1700AUP packs. These are in a Multiplex Micro Jet at the moment, but the weight of this setup makes solo launching such a small model very tough - particularly in calm conditions. The Projeti has 28% greater span and 25% more wing area, so should be easier to get away ... if I give up on the Micro Jet! Prefer the looks of the MJ though