dragraces is offline Find More Posts by dragraces
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:48 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Me Too

I have also been considering this ARF purchase. I had planned to take the electronics from a downed F/A-18C (Art-Tech) and transplant them to the stealth.

The reason I'm not too high on this one is because of the elevon mixing required with the transmitter. I'm still very new to the RC jets and the only transmitter I have is the 2.4Ghz unit that came with the F-18, designed for conventional aileron/elevator flight.

Other than that, it looks killer and is probably a lot of fun to fly. The price is not too bad, either. I'd like to know about the no-power glide factor. How well does it hold up on landings?

I would also like to hear what the community has to say about it. How easy is it to put your own electronics on board? And does anybody know an easy (Read: Cheap) way around having to purchase a computerized transmitter for the delta wing function?
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Mar 22, 2009, 08:00 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,417 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=937122
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Mar 22, 2009, 09:21 AM
build,fly,crash,repeat
Cincinnati Ohio
Joined Apr 2005
240 Posts
Thanks exactly what i was looking for

Jason
Old Mar 22, 2009, 11:05 AM
Enterprise AL
Joined Aug 2008
557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt
I have also been considering this ARF purchase. I had planned to take the electronics from a downed F/A-18C (Art-Tech) and transplant them to the stealth.

The reason I'm not too high on this one is because of the elevon mixing required with the transmitter. I'm still very new to the RC jets and the only transmitter I have is the 2.4Ghz unit that came with the F-18, designed for conventional aileron/elevator flight.

Other than that, it looks killer and is probably a lot of fun to fly. The price is not too bad, either. I'd like to know about the no-power glide factor. How well does it hold up on landings?

I would also like to hear what the community has to say about it. How easy is it to put your own electronics on board? And does anybody know an easy (Read: Cheap) way around having to purchase a computerized transmitter for the delta wing function?
The mixing is easy. Even your transmitter should have a switch that says norm/mix. Just put it on mix and you're in business. You might have to reverse a function to get the surfaces to move in the right direction but that's a flick of the switch as well. I use the crappy little TX that came with mine and it works fine. They're only an extra $25 if your current one doesn't have mixing. It's super stable. You'll notice at slower speeds the tail will fishtail back and forth slightly. It's slow but loops and rolls are possible. The only thing is keep it close! Due to it being all black, from a distance it's hard to tell which way it's turning. Good luck.
Glasair is offline Find More Posts by Glasair
Old Mar 22, 2009, 08:05 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
I have checked my transmitter over and over but it does not seem to have the mix function. I have seen the mixing cables with circuit boards attached and they seem to work, but I'm sure a mix-capable transmitter is the better option. I'm just not sure where I could get a cheap transmitter and receiver package right now - The cable may be my way to go.
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Mar 22, 2009, 09:36 PM
Enterprise AL
Joined Aug 2008
557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt
I have checked my transmitter over and over but it does not seem to have the mix function. I have seen the mixing cables with circuit boards attached and they seem to work, but I'm sure a mix-capable transmitter is the better option. I'm just not sure where I could get a cheap transmitter and receiver package right now - The cable may be my way to go.
Bananna Hobby has them right now. Price has been reduced too; $189.90 for everything. Same package I bought and I've flown mine a bunch of times with no problems.
Glasair is offline Find More Posts by Glasair
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:13 PM
Joined Dec 2006
462 Posts
I've been looking at this one also. Pretty neat. The size of the model is hard to discern with "Pete" handling it in the videos. I'd really like to see a security cam still of "Pete" holding an ice cold 40 in a paper bag on his way out the door of a 7-11 next to the height measurement tape on the door sill.
Rube Goldberg is offline Find More Posts by Rube Goldberg
Old Mar 23, 2009, 07:47 PM
build,fly,crash,repeat
Cincinnati Ohio
Joined Apr 2005
240 Posts
Thats funny!!
Well i ordered 1 today ill chime in when it gets here
Thx guys

Jason