HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by gonzales, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:35 PM
United States, OR, Albany
Joined Feb 2005
91 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
Wanted
WTB - Kavan Starter

I'm looking for a Kavan starter. I'd prefer the newer style as shown here.

-Matthew
gonzales is offline Find More Posts by gonzales
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2009, 01:11 PM
Pacific Northwest
Joined Sep 2004
247 Posts
Trader Rating: 56
Should have a couple; lemme' check later today
SamD is offline Find More Posts by SamD
Old Mar 19, 2009, 01:49 PM
USA, IL, Benton
Joined Jan 2005
383 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
Matthew, Just my 2cents worth but why specifically a Kavan starter? I've had a couple thru the years and ended up getting rid of them because they were not a powerfull as the regular HD starters and seemed like they took a special (different) size rubber insert than all the other starters.
Fred
Red Raider is offline Find More Posts by Red Raider
Old Mar 19, 2009, 03:11 PM
United States, OR, Albany
Joined Feb 2005
91 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
I really just want something smaller. My flight box weighs more than I do! I have an old Magnum that could start a tractor with the right battery. As well as a nice Sullivan.

I've also been looking at the small / compact starter that Magnum makes.

I have quite a few .10 & .15 size planes as well as my saito .56's. I hand start most stuff now, cause it just seems stupid to use a 20LB starter for such an easy task.

Of course, the day I lop a finger or two off, I may change my mind. :-p

-Matthew
gonzales is offline Find More Posts by gonzales
Old Mar 19, 2009, 06:13 PM
Pacific Northwest
Joined Sep 2004
247 Posts
Matthew,

PM sent; I have some pics for you; even comes with the optional drill chuck (no kidding!).

Sam
Old Mar 19, 2009, 06:32 PM
Pacific Northwest
Joined Sep 2004
247 Posts
Fred,

My Kavan starters (yep, I've a couple on duty) I've converted to cordless; best thing I ever did. As long as you're not at TDC, they'll crank over most stuff (YS 1.10 and Saitos of this size. I've a buddy that uses one on a Saito 1.80 but, admittedly, it struggles). The cordless gig is great; safer and the combined weight of the starter, battery & battery case is less than the weight of my (typical) Sullivan starter by its lonesome.

But, for the really big stuff, I don't play around:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKRS1&P=SM

This thing turns over my Saito 1.80 with a yawn- no muss no fuss. It's bigger and heavier though, so I haven't been able to abandon my Kavan starters.

Anyway, back on topic: Matthew, I've a Kavan starter waiting for you.

Sam
Closed Thread