HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2009, 03:56 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
6,961 Posts
Discussion
Some pics of my 3D toys - Ultimate, Addiction, Brio, Yak

Last weekend flying at Macleans park in Auckland.

PA Ultimate, PA Addiction, Eflite brio, Hyperion Yak 10e.

Was pretty windy so was taking it easy - Got some nice photos though
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Last edited by jackosmeister; Mar 18, 2009 at 04:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:36 AM
Joined Sep 2008
33 Posts
Nice pics dude, & a nice collection of flying machines! Out of curiosity, what's the AMR like, especially compared to the Addiction? I have an Addiction, Hyperion Su-31 10e, & flown a mates Brio 10, but yet to see an AMR. The truth is that I only ever fly the Addiction as it is my favourite by a long shot (maybe the eflite Enticement if it's lucky - ridiculously easy to hover, and can be flown in the back yard).
Yergen is offline Find More Posts by Yergen
Old Mar 19, 2009, 05:59 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
6,961 Posts
Yup the Addiction is a total blast - easily one of my favourite planes, mine is a year old+ and shows it but it is the plane I ALWAYS throw in the car. The Ultimate is awesome, I just dumb thumb it around, couldnt do a rolling harrier to save myself. It flies totally different to the addiction, but is very cool in its own way. Knife edges and spins are a doddle, and it is more stable in a hover than the addiction (which is saying something!)

I picked the brio up on sale, its my hack... The plane to use when you have an itch to do something dumb.
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Mar 19, 2009, 09:00 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,362 Posts
Nice pics!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2009, 04:56 PM
Joined Sep 2008
33 Posts
Agree Ė Addiction Rules. Fly any style, any where, any time!

Rolling harriers Ė me too! I think Iíve got to master 4 point rolls first, and even they are dodgy!

HACK!!!! You've got to have a Hack! Öin order to have a hack (ie do stupid things)!

Itís quite an honoury position for a plane to be the Hack, it gets to do things that none of the others do! My hack is an eflite Mini-UltraStick (likewise, I got it on sale and decked it out with old stuff from the grave yard), I fly it like I donít care, and ironically itís never had an incident (and believe me, it simply should be a bag of tooth picks and in the grave yard by now with the others!). A favourite is flying through soccer goal posts. There is a lot of things I really like about this plane; super simple, forgiving, robust & tough, versatile airframe that begs to be a hack. It also has an excellent flight envelope, fast/slow, stable, great sport aerobatics, and even good for mild 3D (if set up correctly).

Iíve fitted out my hack with GWS floats, which make it an absolute hoot to fly. Iíll try and gets some pics of it (for this thread) flying within the next couple of weeks. I like flying it particularly in winter when thereís frost on the grass. Itís a crack up seeing it slide around like a sled, and it does something really weird to your head seeing a float plane taking off and landing on ground!
Yergen is offline Find More Posts by Yergen