HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by rccrazee, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 09:14 AM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
For Sale
Brand new Kong Power 2600mah 6s lipo with one bad cell

I paid $180.00 for a Kong Power 6s 2600mah lipo and just found out there is one bad cell in it. I did not even get to use it but I am told the bad cell can be removed and made into a 5s or any combination you want with the remaining cells, if you know how. The Kong Power distributor I bought it from said they could issue me a crash replacement warranty but the cost is still way too high for me. therefore I will try to sell as is.

MAKE OFFER PLEASE!!
rccrazee is offline Find More Posts by rccrazee
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:05 AM
Joined Jan 2008
9 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
I will offer $25 shipped... If it has one bad cell the others may soon follow... They should issue you a refund, that is just bad business. I would bitch alot.
lincpimp is offline Find More Posts by lincpimp
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:57 AM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
Sorry, too low.

Sorry, I can't go that low. I have complained and complained to RedyHeli and they won't do anything for me. I personally wont buy from them ever again because of this but I am told by a few people at my club that this is still of a decent value.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:14 PM
Too much power = Just enough
East Liverpool, Ohio The armpit of America
Joined Apr 2007
517 Posts
Trader Rating: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrazee
I paid $180.00 for a Kong Power 6s 2600mah lipo and just found out there is one bad cell in it. I did not even get to use it but I am told the bad cell can be removed and made into a 5s or any combination you want with the remaining cells, if you know how. The Kong Power distributor I bought it from said they could issue me a crash replacement warranty but the cost is still way too high for me. therefore I will try to sell as is.

MAKE OFFER PLEASE!!
When did you purchase the battery from them?If it was more than a couple of months ago,they will give you a hard time about it,but if it was me,I would call them,if you can,and try to be nice about replacing it,if that doesn't work,threaten to smear their name at every RC site I could think of,then do it!
If that doesn't work at least you might get some satisfaction letting everyone know what a bunch of 's they are,especially with customer service!Just MO.
misplacedtexan is offline Find More Posts by misplacedtexan
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2008
30 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
It was a few months ago and I actually boxed the thing up with my original receipt and sent it to them because Suzi or Sally there said they should be able to replace it for me no problem. After they received it they said there was no manufacturers defect within it and it was my fault it went bad but she would be more than happy to offer me the 50% off crash replacement warranty and that was all she could do. When I told her no thanks and asked her just to send it back to me she actually got an attitude with me. My friend who owns a hobby shop said his cost on those batteries are like $79.00 and that is what ReadyHeli sells them for to him but I could get 50% off of the retail which is $180+. Basically they still were going to make money off of me had I said yes to their "crash replacement warranty"

Anyway, I am done with them and their CS is horrible!! Kong Power batteries are great just don't buy 'em from ReadyHeli!!
joe0298 - rccrazee is offline Find More Posts by joe0298 - rccrazee
Old Mar 17, 2009, 01:20 PM
Too much power = Just enough
East Liverpool, Ohio The armpit of America
Joined Apr 2007
517 Posts
Trader Rating: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe0298
It was a few months ago and I actually boxed the thing up with my original receipt and sent it to them because Suzi or Sally there said they should be able to replace it for me no problem. After they received it they said there was no manufacturers defect within it and it was my fault it went bad but she would be more than happy to offer me the 50% off crash replacement warranty and that was all she could do. When I told her no thanks and asked her just to send it back to me she actually got an attitude with me. My friend who owns a hobby shop said his cost on those batteries are like $79.00 and that is what ReadyHeli sells them for to him but I could get 50% off of the retail which is $180+. Basically they still were going to make money off of me had I said yes to their "crash replacement warranty"

Anyway, I am done with them and their CS is horrible!! Kong Power batteries are great just don't buy 'em from ReadyHeli!!
Of course they said that!Sounds like to me you need to get ignorant with them!If I paid that much,I would go on every site and let everyone know,and tell RediHeli that you are first.Don't back down,persistance pays off!
misplacedtexan is offline Find More Posts by misplacedtexan
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:59 PM
Japan
Joined May 2005
36 Posts
Trader Rating: 130
How you know only one cell is bad?
Did you check each cell voltage by using like a cell meter?
I'm using cell meter can check each cell up to 8 cells....
Just curious...
TF824 is offline Find More Posts by TF824
Old Mar 17, 2009, 03:56 PM
Joined Jun 2006
762 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
You mean the pack is brand new with a bad cell and they won't replace the pack???? Wow. You've either got some mis-communication with readyheli or their cs is lacking here. I've had nothing but great cs with them. I'd keep bugging (agressive, not rudely) them until they got tired of me and finally decided to replace the pack. That is not right at all.
ktm520 is offline Find More Posts by ktm520
Old Mar 17, 2009, 06:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2008
30 Posts
It was checked on a cell meter and there was one bad cell. I use these batteries in my Trex 500 and couldn't even get it in the air because of this battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF824
How you know only one cell is bad?
Did you check each cell voltage by using like a cell meter?
I'm using cell meter can check each cell up to 8 cells....
Just curious...
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:16 AM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
Sorry about the confusion with the two different sign on names everyone. Me and my father share this computer and sometimes forget to check who is actually signed on. I am rccrazee, and he is joe0298.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:25 AM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
****Removed my comments temporarily in hopes of still getting this resolved somehow****
Last edited by rccrazee; Mar 18, 2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:44 AM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
Look What I Found

****removed comment**** still hoping to get this possibly resolved.
Last edited by rccrazee; Mar 18, 2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:35 PM
Joined Nov 2008
313 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrazee
****removed comment**** still hoping to get this possibly resolved.
So what happened?????
glenwyatt is offline Find More Posts by glenwyatt
Old Mar 21, 2009, 07:13 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2008
30 Posts
My Purchase That Originated With Readyheli Still Unresolved As Expected

NOTHING HAPPENED!!

I gave up again as I did before! I did in fact have all my S%#t together (racie34)!! I was told by an CS rep at Rediheli to send in my battery so it could be replaced and once it got there I was told it was my other equipment that shorted out the battery! (FIGURES)

How come it wasn't the battery that shorted out the other stuff?

I took it purely as an excuse not to replace my battery but to sell another one to me!! I have all my e-mails with this rep at RediHeli backing my story and find racie34's comments to be very uneducated comments. Way to go dude, bet it made ya feel real good talking smack though, didn't it?
Old Mar 21, 2009, 07:48 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2008
30 Posts
Extremely Confused I WAS TOLD DIFFERENTLY

I explained to Suzi that I bought my battery from Nankin Hobby. You are Nankin Hobbies distributor. I talked to Spencer from KongPower and the manager at Nankin Hobby who said I would need to go through you people direct because you are the ones who sold them the battery and i would have to take it up with you.

The real kicker here is that I explained all of this to Suzi before she asked me to send in my battery to you for replacement/repair. Why did I waste my time packaging the thing up and paying postage on it if I was going to get the shaft anyway?

I have the emails communicating what I am saying. Why was I not told from the beginning that becuse I did not buy the battery direct ther might be some problems. Regardelss of who I bought the battery from at retail it still came from you. I contacted Suzi and told her that and she said send it in.

WHY!!?? WHY!!? WHY!!??
Closed Thread