Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Mar 16, 2009, 02:15 PM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
Rant
nitroplanes, dishonest and crooks!

last week i ordered an art tech pitts from nitro, with a specific request on the order for the plane (tx and rx) to be in a certian frequency. they have honored this request before. later that night, i got a phone call (immagine that, a real person from there!) saying they did not have the plane in the frequency i wanted, and to call them back. i am on east coast time, it was too late to take this call, but i had made it very clear in my order to not ship this plane and cancell the order if they coudn't meet my request.

next thing, i get a shipping notice!

i have tried numerous phone calls, no answer (no surprise there), emails, and "live chat." i keep getting prepared/canned answeres to my questions (guess this happens all the time there), and no specific answeres to my questions.

now i am going to have to send it back when it arrives and fight them to credit my card, and dispute the shipping charges. tons of time wasted.

guess i should have known better than to deal with places like nitro...and to stick with proven performers like hobby lobby. problem is sometimes nitro and banana (another winner....ha!) are the only ones who have the planes i want.

anyways, nothing is worth this. nitro sux, i'll never do business with them again.

rob
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2009, 02:20 PM
Suspended Account
Fountain Valley, California
Joined Feb 2004
10,768 Posts
I've sent them an email with regards to this thread. Hopefully they will respond here.
willhaney is offline Find More Posts by willhaney
Old Mar 16, 2009, 02:26 PM
Master Crasher
Fletcher, NC
Joined Oct 2008
681 Posts
From working in administration, customer service, etc. and dealing with shipping in warehouses - in a smooth running facility, an order will be shipped within -hours- of receiving the order and processing the payment. It's very likely that by the time you had called back to cancel the order, your invoice had already printed and it was on the line. Generally once the invoice is printed and accounted for, it is too late to stop anything. The best bet would be to contact customer service, exchange the plane for the correct frequency, and raise hell for them to pay the s&h.
Most places will have canned answers to get you to pay the s&h. Be firm and strongly request a floor supervisor.

I know it sucks... Especially when it's your hard earned money! However if they are not willing to work with you, then an attorny general and BBB complaint will not be out of line.
zultone is offline Find More Posts by zultone
Old Mar 16, 2009, 02:37 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,444 Posts
theres a reason I dont deal with nitro or BH or ET.... it all comes down to customer service. If a compnay has a track record of having good customer service, I am willing to pay a little more. I call it piece of mind fee!!
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Mar 16, 2009, 02:38 PM
Joined Dec 2008
111 Posts
May I just add that I have delt with them NUMEROUS times. One specific time is when I ordered a Belt-CP and I got it all torn up. I got a return form from them, and sent it back. It's been 7 months, and they haven't sent a new one to me, or refunded me with the money.
watchingcarpet is offline Find More Posts by watchingcarpet
Old Mar 16, 2009, 02:50 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
the thing with the shipping is it still shows "billing info received." that tells me it has not left their warehouse?

i know i stuck my neck out dealing with these people. hobby lobby (they are awesome, always been happy with them) had this plane for a full $70 dollars more). hard to pay that much extra, even for the piece of mind, when working with a limited hobby budget.

i pasted this thread to them in an email, and also posted on their "support" forum on rcu, we'll see if they make good. not expecting it, however!

thanks for your support, fellows! rob
Old Mar 16, 2009, 03:12 PM
Master Crasher
Fletcher, NC
Joined Oct 2008
681 Posts
Sounds like they have received the billing info, but it has not gone through - if you havent already - I would issue a stop payment, just in case. Then it will decline and they'll be asking why they arent getting your money.

This past Friday I was inches away from ordering a Folk Wolfe, one of the brushed 4 channels from Nitroplanes, but decided to go with a slow v from horizon instead.
zultone is offline Find More Posts by zultone
Last edited by zultone; Mar 16, 2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 03:30 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
i called my cc company and tried that. they said it was a valid order since i gave them my info. i tried to explain that they were not shipping what i ordered, so it was not valid! they said my only recourse was to refuse the shipment and then file a dispute. good idea, thanks.....i wish i could end this disaster so easially!

rob
Old Mar 16, 2009, 03:47 PM
Joined Nov 2006
135 Posts
i was caught up with this once and now the rule of thumb for this company is only buy their products that are not out of stock. if they are out of stock....well forget it.
sokrdz is offline Find More Posts by sokrdz
Closed Thread