HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 05:23 AM
Joined Aug 2010
5 Posts
Thanks Bill for the fast answer.
I opened a ticket and they told me to send in the osd.
Can you imagine any "easy" defect? If its only a loose soldering I can fix that on my own.
I've got an Multimeter and a soldering iron, and perhaps you have already an idea were to look at.
If not, I had to send it in, but this will take another weeks and I want to get my system run. Winter is coming and I don't want to wait for next year to fly fpv.

Thank you
Counter5001 is offline Find More Posts by Counter5001
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2010, 09:14 AM
Joined Aug 2010
5 Posts
Finally we found the defect and managed it to repair the OSD.

Thank you Eagle Tree Team for the amazing support.

Keep on doing so.
Counter5001 is offline Find More Posts by Counter5001
Old Sep 30, 2010, 07:13 PM
Victor Otero
España, GA, A Coruña
Joined Mar 2009
26 Posts
hello.
i was disconnected from this forum some months,and i remember a post where somebody talks about to the need of disengage the RTH minimum altitude of throttle to use the RTH option in a boat.i remember that bilpa agree with that "boat mode" update.
is there posible to do it?
or at least,it's possible to avoid this limitation?
i know that this is an important security feature,but i need another OSD with RTH feature for my long range boat,and i prefer to use eagle tree.
xiro6 is offline Find More Posts by xiro6
Old Oct 01, 2010, 02:02 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Counter5001, great news it's working now. Thanks for doing this!

xiro6, yes, the "boat mode" is there now. It's an option under the "Sensors and Units" menu. The menu is called "Enable low altitude RTH(RTFM)" Do let me know how the RTH works with your boat. I think you'll be the first.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 01, 2010, 04:38 AM
Victor Otero
España, GA, A Coruña
Joined Mar 2009
26 Posts
ok,thanks billpa,it's great to hear that.
still doing some tests with the boat,i hope no need the RTH function
xiro6 is offline Find More Posts by xiro6
Old Oct 04, 2010, 07:21 AM
Dave Mackie
London
Joined Oct 2005
242 Posts
GPS receiver not detected, don't know what to do to get it working... any simple fixes? running off 3s flight pack. Everything else seems fine

dave
dmackie is offline Find More Posts by dmackie
Old Oct 04, 2010, 03:25 PM
Dave Mackie
London
Joined Oct 2005
242 Posts
oh also... is it possible to configure the left side speed bar to airspeed?

cheers!
Old Oct 05, 2010, 03:08 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Dave, is the LED on the GPS blinking? Also, can you confirm that you have the GPS connected on the top connector of the eLogger, when the OSD is connected to the bottom connector?

yes, to show airspeed, just set "Use Pitot Spd for RTH/Ladder" to "Yes" under the Sensors on-screen menu.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 05, 2010, 06:10 AM
Dave Mackie
London
Joined Oct 2005
242 Posts
cheers bill, will have a look
Old Oct 10, 2010, 03:42 AM
Joined Sep 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Do let me know how the RTH works with your boat. I think you'll be the first.
Hi Billpa, one question about RTH - (test in ver. 8.60-8.63):
when model need to increase altitude - OSD don`t turn motor on "climbing" - only some shot time, and also don`t set "elevator" on climbing.
Now, when I go wizard RTH, I set _full_ throttle and _full_ back elevator - but in air (and also in simulator) I see VERY small throttle and very small "climbing angle" on elevator. What I do wrong????

In real flight model in 70% case lost altitude at time and (one crash: when I start, I rise at 40m, then take glass (but glass not working) - there I turn RTH "on" for increase altitude and give me time for fix glass - but after 1 min model crash

P.S. Also I see another case - throttle may be go at 50 to 100% and back on 50% after 1 sec, then repeat there - 50....100....50...100...50...100 - why???
catsw is offline Find More Posts by catsw
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:32 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi catsw, sorry to hear about the issue! I think the problem is that you have set the "cruise speed" too low. The RTH will not use the "climb" throttle setting if the model's present speed is less than or = to the cruise speed setting. This is to keep from pushing your model past it's max speed. If you increase the cruise speed setting to be somewhat above the normal cruise speed, the issue should never happen. Also, note that with software versions 8.75 and later, you can disable this feature by setting the cruise speed to 0. We'll be renaming this or eliminating it entirely in future, due to some confusion.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:04 AM
Joined Sep 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi catsw, sorry to hear about the issue! I think the problem is that you have set the "cruise speed" too low.
Thank`s for solution, but I set OSD in Cularis, Cularis cruise speed is 20...25 km?h, after one crash I set 35 km/h, OSD is try to set this speed - it`s ok, but I don`t see maximum set climbing of "elevator", "elevator" change to climbing so small, but in wizard I set FULL angle to climb, in simulator and in fly I can`t see so math angle in this. May be something in tuning PID controllers is wrong? (all set default)

In wizard I set FULL throttle and FULL angle of climbing, in real I see small angle of climbing - and, as You wrote, big speed and then small throttle.

If I reflash OSD to ver 8.75 and set cruise speed to zero - what logic RTH in this case???

P.S. sorry of my English.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 04:32 AM
Joined Sep 2010
53 Posts
Bill - new beta 8.75 have a coupe of serious bug:

1st - it halves the current readings - in logger idle 0.8A, in OSD 0,4A !
2nd - as #1, maH is halves the current readings - in logger 200mA, in OSD 97ma !
3th - it twices the power readings - in logger 6watt idle, in OSD 14watt !!!

To All - don`t risk you model - be careful in this case!!!!!!!!

It`s easy to test at home - connect Logger to PC via USB cable and press "Live mode", then turn on you video transmitter/receiver and glasses (or TV) and compare this data.
Last edited by catsw; Oct 13, 2010 at 05:13 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 05:25 AM
Oleg
Joined Dec 2008
812 Posts
I`ll second catsw. The behaviour of the OSD pro is just like in my case.
Maybe it is a very special russian problem due to our special weather? I wonder why nobody else faced the same issue.
Syberian is offline Find More Posts by Syberian
Old Oct 13, 2010, 09:32 AM
Joined Sep 2010
53 Posts
Ok, Bill - IMHO I fing the bug:

At first - when upgrading at 8.75 - need to do 3 RESET - PowerPanel, Logger and OSD.
Then configure OSD manually - all Ok.
But, if save configuration OSD, do OSD "factory default" and load configuration back - bug returning. (it halves the current readings and all, wrote me at post 118)

Then bug happing when do Save/Load configuration file of OSD.

Bill, please, repeat this step and see, and I wait You answer ASAP!
Last edited by catsw; Oct 13, 2010 at 10:02 AM.