HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:18 AM
UK, Cornwall, Truro
Joined Feb 2009
381 Posts
can't see any more details on it I'm afraid.

Sorry I missed the inductor bit in your reply. Not a technically minded person so somehow missed the point there.

Has anyone got a data recorder that they would be able to photograph the back of the board on so I can see what was there before and try and see more clearly what connected where?

I can't afford another one of these so I'm really going to have to try everything I can to get it going as all my other ET stuff is redundant without it.
Ricky401 is offline Find More Posts by Ricky401
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:25 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2005
236 Posts
I don't see any markings, so you're going to have to try to get the info from ET. Even if you do get a replacement, are you sure you can solder it in? It's tricky.
cwd10 is offline Find More Posts by cwd10
Old Sep 21, 2010, 03:54 PM
UK, Cornwall, Truro
Joined Feb 2009
381 Posts
thanks cwd10. I'd hoped to get a bit more from Bill over the last few days on here. It says on the web site that this is the place for Eagle Tree support!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:54 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
cwd10,
Quote:
Is the RSSI input function fully functional in the latest firmware release?
Yes. There have been no changes to the RSSI firmware in over a year I believe. Here's more info.

Quote:
Also, can it handle an inverse voltage scale? In other words, if the voltage is high (3V) with no TX signal, and low(less than 2v) with full TX power, will the OSD-Pro be able to re-scale for the proper display?
Yes, when you calibrate the RSSI, the OSD Pro should notice the inversion and display things correctly.

Ricky401, sorry for the delay. That burned component indicates that power and ground were shorted together, with a battery connected. This may have happened if the 4 exposed accessory pins of the OSD pro were shorted. It's important to cover those pins when using the OSD Pro with the recorder.

If you connect a wire as shown in the red line in the attached drawing, you should be ok. No need to replace L5.

wcp, sorry to hear about the issue. If you are not already, can you upgrade to one either the release or beta software versions found here?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 22, 2010, 02:22 AM
UK, Cornwall, Truro
Joined Feb 2009
381 Posts
Great! Thanks very much for the update Bill.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 06:31 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2005
236 Posts
Yea, we know you are really busy, so thank's for taking the time to answer our questions. This is why I buy ET products. Great customer service.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 02:05 PM
Norway
Joined Dec 2007
142 Posts
OSD pro and Sherrer UHF LRS system

Hi.
I have installed Sherrer UHF System to my Skywalker and was wondering the right parameter for the OSD pro in safety meny.

PCM or PPM???

No chans on RX.

I use Futaba 10C and have the RSSI input on the logger.
The Sherrer have filesafe on all ch. i think.

Bill, Have you the right answere to me??

Thanks.
Deltadeville is offline Find More Posts by Deltadeville
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:08 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
cwd10, thanks for that!

Delta, use PCM, and I'd recommend 1 failsafe, and using the "Carlyle method" for RTH testing described in the OSD Pro thread and in the manual (throttle trim method).
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 24, 2010, 07:48 AM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
903 Posts
Getting RSSI from JR R945S

Hi,

I am getting started with my first FPV setup. EZstar with ET pro system and a 900mhz downlink. I will be using my JR 10x on 50mhz (yes, I hold an Advanced class ham license, K1FQY) with a R945S receiver. I would like to be able to display receiver signal strength but am confused on how to find it in this receiver. I imagine I will have to open it up but have no idea where to hook up a wire. Anyone here have any idea or perhaps a place to go to find out?

Thanks,

Tom
Cape Cod
tom3holer is offline Find More Posts by tom3holer
Old Sep 24, 2010, 08:12 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2005
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom3holer View Post
Hi,

I am getting started with my first FPV setup. EZstar with ET pro system and a 900mhz downlink. I will be using my JR 10x on 50mhz (yes, I hold an Advanced class ham license, K1FQY) with a R945S receiver. I would like to be able to display receiver signal strength but am confused on how to find it in this receiver. I imagine I will have to open it up but have no idea where to hook up a wire. Anyone here have any idea or perhaps a place to go to find out?

Thanks,

Tom
Cape Cod

You'll have to do some research. Follow this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...923419&page=11

Look at post 164. You will need to open up the case to see if you have the chip described. It should be pretty easy to find. Now, getting the wire soldered to the tiny SMD pin will be another story.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 06:51 PM
Joined Aug 2009
126 Posts
Access to ELogger port for PC cable

Hi All

Digging in to my "dead fish" airplane, to get the ELogger out, and connect it to my PC is a pain in the .....

This is what i did

To connect my PC to the ELogger, I simply just switch the backup power that go to the ELogger
from the RC TX "OFF", connect the USB wire to the external plug, and
After I'm done, I just disconnect the USB cable(exterior), and switch the backup
power "ON" again.... NO more digging. ...... works like a dream.

Moosthegoose is offline Find More Posts by Moosthegoose
Last edited by Moosthegoose; Sep 25, 2010 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Change of content
Old Sep 25, 2010, 02:18 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Moos, that's almost exactly what I did with my floatplane. Makes downloading the logs/configuration much easier.

Thanks to the encouragement of DHares and others, I'm almost certain we're going to add a USB connection to our upcoming "microSD expander" which should make this more plug & play.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 25, 2010, 02:23 PM
Joined Aug 2010
5 Posts
Hello,

I hope I'm in the right forum here, for my question:

I got the OSD Pro with the eLogger V3 and GPS this week and today i managed it to solder all the cables to connect the camera to the osd and the osd to the video transmitter, so that i can test it now.

Evrything works fine, except the Elevator out port.
If I connect there the servo it only twitches one time and seems to be dead after that. The Aileron out and throttle out work quite well.
Of course I have tested the Elevator out with another servo, and connected another cable to the elevator in, but nothing different.
And if I leave out the OSD and connect the servo directly to the elevator out port in the receiver it works well. So I think the Problem has to be in the osd.
Is there any setting I have to change? Or is the Osd propably broken?

Please help me.

Kind regards

Chris
Counter5001 is offline Find More Posts by Counter5001
Last edited by Counter5001; Sep 25, 2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 02:27 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Chris, welcome to RCG but sorry your first posts are to report issues. I'm not sure what is causing the issue, but we'll get it resolved for you. From the description it sounds like a hardware problem. All the channels are tested with an automated tester here before shipping, but I'm wondering if something got physically damaged enroute. If you can open a ticket with us at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com, and reference your post here, we'll start this process. It won't take long, as we have few tickets right now.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 25, 2010, 03:20 PM
Joined Aug 2009
126 Posts
Moosthegoose is offline Find More Posts by Moosthegoose