HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:36 AM
Australia, NSW, Tamworth
Joined Jun 2012
108 Posts
Cheers mate I see what you guys mean now. Will give it a run. Thought I had it all under control, ......nope )

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
MrMum,

As thomas stated,

Set reciever failsafe (i'd just like to add)

failsafe should be "throttle off, and trimmed all of the way down,

and the rest of the sticks are set to level flight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then trim throttle up to normal, and run servo analysis wizzard.

***If your ESC is set to auto learn, then your end points will constantly change when you turn your radio on and off.

Set them to fixed end points before you do anything, and get it set to an acceptable range...

Then after that is done go to the procedure outlined at the first of this post.

***get used to servo analysis wizard, it is your friend. anytime you change the guardian (ahi level), or if you trim your plane drastically for level flight. "like after the maiden", then you should run servo analysis wizard, and re-train your osd of the new positions.

If you have it set, and don't make changes, then you have no need for running servo analysis wizard again, but if you make changes, then it is a good practice to use it.

-Mike
MrMum is offline Find More Posts by MrMum
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:24 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,130 Posts
[QUOTE=MrMum;23985269]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMum View Post

Ok I am now at a point where my rth activates by me switching radio off!
I have taken care of the rth activating when I throttle back by keeping some forward trim. If I need to activate rth by my remote I can just add some minus trim to the throttle and make sure the throttle stick is in the zero position. This seems to correspond with the reading I have been doing in regards to other people's methods. Seems like i have sorted it but Any more advice would not be Unwelcomed if applicable cheers.
Such a pandora box this fpv. Can turn the experienced Rc flyer into a noob again
Hi,

i prefer a switch for rth instead of throttle cut and trimming.
itīs easy for a dx8:
define a switch for the mix (manual: switch select)
program a mix (manual: progammable mixes) from switch to throttle, mix rate -100%, offset default)
control this switch in the servo monitor ... at throttle cut position of the throttle stick the throttle graph should go to the left border if switch is activated.
bind failsafe with switch activated.
rerun the eagle tree-wizzard.
enjoy

cu Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:38 PM
Dawsonville, Georgia
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
OSD Pro HELP please.

Gentlemen,
I am having issues installing OSD Pro with Dragon Link Receiver. The Dragon link is only rated to 9V which I power with a castle BEC set at 6v. The OSD Pro appears to be powered by the Elogger V4 by my 14.8V pack. The Receiver and my servos cannot handle this voltage. My question is does the OSD Pro channel in and outs get power from the Elogger at 14.8 or does the regluated 6v from my dragon link power the servos through the OSD without a voltage jump?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Buzz
buzz kill is offline Find More Posts by buzz kill
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:41 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,315 Posts
It is best if you can set your BEC to 5V - 5.5V, then you bring a jumper from the receiver to the osd.

Example.

-You hook you LiPo to the elogger, then

-You power your OSD to your throttle input from your receiver "throttle out"

Make sure that you pull the pins on your ESC Power and ground, and just run the signal to the ESC, from your throttle Out on the OSD.

*This way you are not supplying power from two different sources.

You don't need to cut the ESC wire (5 min 37 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz kill View Post
Gentlemen,
I am having issues installing OSD Pro with Dragon Link Receiver. The Dragon link is only rated to 9V which I power with a castle BEC set at 6v. The OSD Pro appears to be powered by the Elogger V4 by my 14.8V pack. The Receiver and my servos cannot handle this voltage. My question is does the OSD Pro channel in and outs get power from the Elogger at 14.8 or does the regluated 6v from my dragon link power the servos through the OSD without a voltage jump?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Buzz
m_beeson is online now Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:59 PM
United States, KS, Arkansas City
Joined Oct 2012
104 Posts
Are any of you guys/gals out there setting up more than one plane with the et software???? Is that possible??
johnfly1234 is offline Find More Posts by johnfly1234
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:15 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,315 Posts
Yes, it is possible.

When you open the firmware, you just don't select the model you already have in there. You create another model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfly1234 View Post
Are any of you guys/gals out there setting up more than one plane with the et software???? Is that possible??
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:51 PM
United States, KS, Arkansas City
Joined Oct 2012
104 Posts
Thank you.
johnfly1234 is offline Find More Posts by johnfly1234
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:47 AM
Joined Feb 2011
450 Posts
Hey i have a problem with ET OSD and Guardian.

i dont want the guardian to stabilize my flight so i set it to gain 0.
But i want stabilization when RTH ! how to do that ?

any advices ?
V_Okto is offline Find More Posts by V_Okto
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:26 AM
Money Shot
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
you would have to turn the gain in the software where you want rth gain and set the radio to transmit 0 gain. when it goes into rth, it uses the on screen guardian gain setting
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:19 AM
Joined Feb 2011
450 Posts
ah ok thanks for the tip !
V_Okto is offline Find More Posts by V_Okto
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:29 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,315 Posts
Kloner is correct.

The switch setting that you want to use is "2 pos + 3 pos".

You want to move aux 2 to a dial or slider

and you then have to navigate and select menu items by

using the aux 1 (3 position switch). That is a bugger.

You will want to calibrate your rth, and get everything in the menu taken care of before you make the change.

this way you are not trying to navigate and change by using the single 3 position switch.

After it is all set, and everything works like you want it to...

You can make the change, and just dial down the guardian gain by using the aux 2.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:59 PM
Joined May 2011
91 Posts
Rssi not reading from dragonlink

My rssi in temp1 is not reading anything, did burn anything when I tried to connect a servo conector female to female between my Rx and the Elogger? Just later I realized that I should just connect the center (+) pin.
jvictorfc is offline Find More Posts by jvictorfc
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:22 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,315 Posts
I think your signal wire is on the pin furthest from the board on Dragonlink. (you should double check that)

Then you need a single wire to go from there to the center pin on OSD Pro.

After you have achieved that, you need to go into the menu and designate Temp 1 as RSSI.

Then you need to run servo analysis wizard.

After those steps are complete you should be working perfectly.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvictorfc View Post
My rssi in temp1 is not reading anything, did burn anything when I tried to connect a servo conector female to female between my Rx and the Elogger? Just later I realized that I should just connect the center (+) pin.
Last edited by m_beeson; Feb 06, 2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:57 AM
Joined May 2011
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
I think your signal wire is on the pin furthest from the board on Dragonlink. (you should double check that)

Then you need a single wire to go from there to the center pin on OSD Pro.

After you have achieved that, you need to go into the menu and designate Temp 1 as RSSI.

Then you need to run servo analysis wizard.

After those steps are complete you should be working perfectly.

-Mike
Dearest,

I believe that was the problem, later I am going to test, I hope I hadnt burned anything. Thanx a lot.
jvictorfc is offline Find More Posts by jvictorfc
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:55 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,928 Posts
I appreciate your patience -

Is there a way to move the voltage and battery icon on the display screen?

I've been through the documentation and "help" in the software. If I missed it, please point me to the right place.

Thanks.

Rick
Rickn816 is online now Find More Posts by Rickn816