HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:49 PM
Nine inch member
Thailand, Chon Buri, Bang Lamung
Joined May 2006
233 Posts
OSD pro problem

I am quite new toeagletree my problem is that the flight sim does not go into come home when switching off transmitter.
I am trying to set up my skywalker with OSD /V4 elogger/gaurdian/GPS expander.
Spektrum dx8 .
I have been flying the skywalker LOS for some time with some rudder mixed in with the ailerons should I take this out when using the gaurdian ?
I have the reciever type set to pcm failsafe?
The stabilisation horizon etc are working OK.

any ideas what I could have set wrong?
nickwad is offline Find More Posts by nickwad
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:23 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,374 Posts
set your radio failsafes.

set them to

throttle off, and trimmed all of the way down

all other sticks set to level flight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
then trim the throttle up to normal, and run servo analysis wizard.

That should fix the issue.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwad View Post
I am quite new toeagletree my problem is that the flight sim does not go into come home when switching off transmitter.
I am trying to set up my skywalker with OSD /V4 elogger/gaurdian/GPS expander.
Spektrum dx8 .
I have been flying the skywalker LOS for some time with some rudder mixed in with the ailerons should I take this out when using the gaurdian ?
I have the reciever type set to pcm failsafe?
The stabilisation horizon etc are working OK.

any ideas what I could have set wrong?
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:06 AM
Nine inch member
Thailand, Chon Buri, Bang Lamung
Joined May 2006
233 Posts
Thanks for the tip Mike I will try that tomorrow, I did set the failsafes for level flight and throttle down but did not do as you suggest with the throttle trim.
When running the servo analysis wizard should the sticks be for instance be pulled and released during the countdown period or pulled and held for the duration of the countdown ?
nickwad is offline Find More Posts by nickwad
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:18 AM
Money Shot
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
On mine, had to make a failsafe with slightly lower endpoint settings to get it to kick in...... also make sure you got 1ch failsafe so it just looks at the throttle to change

i hold mine the duration of the countdown
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:12 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwad View Post
Thanks for the tip Mike I will try that tomorrow, I did set the failsafes for level flight and throttle down but did not do as you suggest with the throttle trim.
When running the servo analysis wizard should the sticks be for instance be pulled and released during the countdown period or pulled and held for the duration of the countdown ?
Hi,
like kloner mentioned ... before running the wizzard you have to store the failsafe for throttle on the right position to your rx.
on a spectrum rx/tx: trimm throttle down (or prog a switchable mix ... -150% from switch X to throttle) - plug in the bining plug - power on the tx - switch on the mix or let the throttle trim down before you switch off the tx - press and hold the bind pushbutton on the tx an switch on - wait until rx and satellite shows a solid lightening led - release pushbutton -plug out the binding plug - disconnect rx - switch off tx.

rerun the wizzard: hold the sticks in the asked position until the next step is shown on screen ... the asked stick-position is stored when the countdown reaches 0, so itīs better to wait until the next step is shown.

cu Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:02 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,973 Posts
How to Set Eagle Eyes Battery Alarm Voltage

Directions indicate setting volts and fraction of volts.

However, I see only one number to set. Default is 100. Does this mean 10.0 volts? If I want 11 volts do I set 110? Or am I missing something? Thanks.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:16 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
Directions indicate setting volts and fraction of volts.

However, I see only one number to set. Default is 100. Does this mean 10.0 volts? If I want 11 volts do I set 110? Or am I missing something? Thanks.
Hi,
yes, thatīs right!

cu Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:33 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
Hi,
yes, thatīs right!

cu Thomas
Thanks!
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:44 PM
United States, KS, Arkansas City
Joined Oct 2012
112 Posts
I am trying to set up the dual a/d expander but i am having an issue.... looking for guidance.
I am using the dual a/d for low voltage readout so the voltage into it is 5.5 volts or less "determined by external pots" here's the issue.
If i power up the ad first it powers up the data recorder but not the osd then when i turn on the radio gear the ad sensor works but the osd displays an error to email eagletree osd has internal failure.... but sensors work.
If i power up the radio gear then the ad I don't get an "internal osd error" but the sensors don't work..... does anybody have any ideas.
The sensors i have hooked to it "just to clarify and i figure someone will ask anyway"
I gutted 2 old servos utilized the boards and tapped into their electronics to get a low voltage output of the pot location. voltage output on the signal side from pot is from 0 to 2.5 volts. If that helps!
johnfly1234 is offline Find More Posts by johnfly1234
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:56 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,996 Posts
A Simple Request

Yes, I read every post. Yay me!

Dear Eagle Tree,

While I like the modular nature of your product, mounting all of those pieces in an airframe can be a PITA.

Please give me a combination in a BOX, with appropriate connectors. What should be in the box? For me, it would be eLogger, OSD/Pro, and Guardian.

The BOX would need connections for servos, batteries, and the 4-pin connectors for other features. And the USB port.

In fact, the manufacturing costs may be less over-all if these three devices on one circuit board.

Thanks.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:56 AM
Joined Feb 2011
464 Posts
Hey is it important what order you connect the ET components with each other?

i want to connect:

gps <->guarian <-> osdpro <- >logger

or has it to be

osdpro <-> logger <- guard <-< gps

?
V_Okto is offline Find More Posts by V_Okto
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:12 AM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
as long as gps is by itself, the daisy chain doesn't seem to matter on the osd side

gps> logger<osd<guardian<baromter (if have it)
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:14 PM
United States, KS, Arkansas City
Joined Oct 2012
112 Posts
I am having trouble with osd losing the firmware version..... i have to load it over and over but still shows as unknown..... it will adventually take but i don't understand why i have to load it over and over and over??????????? any thoughts?
johnfly1234 is offline Find More Posts by johnfly1234
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:42 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,374 Posts
The computer in my garage is a little slower than the one that I normally use.

I can really struggle with that one, and setting up the firmware.

I don't know if that helps much, but what you are explaining, "that shouldn't be happening".

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfly1234 View Post
I am having trouble with osd losing the firmware version..... i have to load it over and over but still shows as unknown..... it will adventually take but i don't understand why i have to load it over and over and over??????????? any thoughts?
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:24 AM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
I'd hit "HELP", "display settings", "email support info to eagle tree"