HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:44 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfly1234 View Post
Just in from eagle tree....... copied from the "ticket"
Sorry for the delay, the OSD Pro Expander can accommodate servos of voltages up to 7V and current up to about 5A per channel. Unfortunately, we suspect that damage to the OSD Pro could occur when used with fully charged LFe packs.
I don't know why they replied your question like that. Almost all ET equipments (loggers, sensors...) are good up to about 15 volts. So any 2s-3s lipo could be used no problem. I don't understand how your life pack would be an issue...
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:59 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
I bought one of these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280788636283...84.m1497.l2649

I plug it into one of these:

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=747

I plug that into a 3S Lipo. So I can power everything that needs around 12V power.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:39 PM
United States, KS, Arkansas City
Joined Oct 2012
112 Posts
I find the ends that i need and then solder them to the plug that fits the battery or cut the connector off the battery and put a deans on it. Just be sure to check your polarity before you solder everything up. Also don't forget to put the heat shrink on the wires before you solder.You have everything you need in the photo.
johnfly1234 is online now Find More Posts by johnfly1234
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:58 AM
Quickpix
Joined Apr 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
It sure is!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=eagleeyes

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
I have been fighting another brand system for most of the year and still don't have it working properly or reliably. It is soo darn hard to adjust.
I know some trial and error setup is required.
That said: I need an OSD/Stabilization/RTH unit that is easy to setup and reliable.
I have all the best equipment already.
Convince me, please.
quickpix is offline Find More Posts by quickpix
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:47 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
Nothing is easy, until you learn it.

That's why we help you get it set up.

It is up to you to learn it, so that it is easy to you.

there are plenty of resources for learning the system.

there are the manuals, there is this thread, and I have made some tutorials on my blog.

You can look around for more tutorials.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The one thing that I can say for Eagle tree is that it is reliable.

You can spend your time trying to set up another system, and never get it to work just right, or you can set this one up. and fly...

That's how I look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickpix View Post
I have been fighting another brand system for most of the year and still don't have it working properly or reliably. It is soo darn hard to adjust.
That said: I need an OSD/Stabilization/RTH unit that is easy to setup and reliable.
Convince me, please.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Dec 24, 2012, 05:46 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickpix View Post
Convince me, please.

I have used E.T for many years now and I am very happy with it. It can be very complicated if you want but also very, very easy - in others words it is very flexible to suit both beginners and pros.

I am using the OSD pro but I can choose how many (or few) things/sensors i want to use. E.T has very thorough manuals and best of all - if you need help they have extremly good customer service.
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:50 AM
Joined May 2011
9 Posts
value in Configure OSD Display menu

Hi all
I am configuring OSD display part with TX switch and i don't find an array with indication of the mining of number on each item of the menu
There is nothing in the OSD Manual

Thank for help
Best regard
mumupilot is offline Find More Posts by mumupilot
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
Hi mumupilot.

I am sorry, I cannot figure out what you are trying to say.

Maybe if you type it in your native language, that may be useful.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumupilot View Post
Hi all
I am configuring OSD display part with TX switch and i don't find an array with indication of the mining of number on each item of the menu
There is nothing in the OSD Manual

Thank for help
Best regard
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined May 2011
9 Posts
Hi Mike

Thank you to try to help me
Finaly i find the array wich give the number need to be set to display for instance the AHI or radar on 1,2 or three osd pages

I have two new question

1)After finishing all setting and configuration on OSd ,I have a new message on screen :internal error 60000 email support!!!!!
Except this message all seem running normaly
Do some boddy know the origine of it before i open a ticket
I try to update the firmware a second time (osd 2;66) (e logger v4; 1,21) (gardian expender 1,19)
e logger is provide with GPS v4 and external pilot tube option,no barometric altitude option

2)Does the RTH is running correcly with only external pilot tube for speed and GPS Altitude information or i need to have external barometric altitude option

In case of GPS altidude is use, the setting of RTH altitude need to be in accordance with the initial groud level of take off or not?

Sorry for my English
Thank again
Best regard
mumupilot is offline Find More Posts by mumupilot
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:13 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
I cannot find any reference to that error. I don't know what has caused it.
You can email Bill and he can tell you about your error.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RTH will work with gps only, you do not need to have the altimeter microsensor.

Best to get a good gps lock, and then reset home position so all is close to "0".

You may experience a little gps drift but for the most part, that is ok. The most important part is that the plane responds correctly in RTH.

When you first test RTH make sure that you have enough altitude to take control of the plane if it does not respond correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumupilot View Post
Thank you to try to help me
Finaly i find the array wich give the number need to be set to display for instance the AHI or radar on 1,2 or three osd pages

I have two new question

1)After finishing all setting and configuration on OSd ,I have a new message on screen :internal error 60000 email support!!!!!
Except this message all seem running normaly
Do some boddy know the origine of it before i open a ticket
I try to update the firmware a second time (osd 2;66) (e logger v4; 1,21) (gardian expender 1,19)
e logger is provide with GPS v4 and external pilot tube option,no barometric altitude option

2)Does the RTH is running correcly with only external pilot tube for speed and GPS Altitude information or i need to have external barometric altitude option

In case of GPS altidude is use, the setting of RTH altitude need to be in accordance with the initial groud level of take off or not?

Sorry for my English
Thank again
Best regard
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:57 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Mar 2012
460 Posts
new video.

zii cloud SURFING. (4 min 9 sec)
carlocivicsi is offline Find More Posts by carlocivicsi
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:07 PM
yakum smakum
United States, FL, Naples
Joined Jan 2012
48 Posts
ET and Rangelink set up

Hello,
Is there anyone out there who is or has set up an ET system with a Rangelink LRS, or can someone tell me what thread I can go to so I can get some answers for some questions I have on my setup?

Thanks in advance,

Steve S. Naples, Florida
stevo6739615 is offline Find More Posts by stevo6739615
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:20 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
What's happening stevo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6739615 View Post
Hello,
Is there anyone out there who is or has set up an ET system with a Rangelink LRS, or can someone tell me what thread I can go to so I can get some answers for some questions I have on my setup?

Thanks in advance,

Steve S. Naples, Florida
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:41 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
I have an RSSI question that I posted here in case BillPa or someone else has some suggestions:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1130784

Basically I can't figure out how to get ET Pro OSD to display my RSSI signal. It works on a Skylark OSD but I can't get it to work on the ET. I am probably doing something wrong but need help.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:54 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
I have an RSSI question that I posted here in case BillPa or someone else has some suggestions:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1130784

Basically I can't figure out how to get ET Pro OSD to display my RSSI signal. It works on a Skylark OSD but I can't get it to work on the ET. I am probably doing something wrong but need help.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=161