Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:12 AM
France, Bourgogne, Nevers
Joined Feb 2012
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billj747 View Post
Yes I have the "mute external audio" set to NO.

I just figured out the mic was working all along. Even with the Mic turned all the way up, there is very little transmission other than higher pitch or buzzing frequencies.

Also, the "static" that I thought was there is more of a deeper sounding resonant 'humming buzz' that changes when I flip screens to the OSD menu as well as completely shuts off if I unplug the VTx or VRx from the system. I tried using the stock patch and whip antenna as well as CP antennas. I tried multiple TVs and VTxs (1000mW and 800mW) but this resonant buzz is prevalent on every setup. I'm not sure if it's my Lawmate 1.3gHZ Rx but that is the only variable I have not tried yet...

If I turn up the sound so the 'buzz' is really loud, I can hear the OSD voice alerts and can hear my self-made buzzing sounds through the mic. I'm sure the sound of the motor will come through clearly, but I doubt anything beyond that or maybe wind noise will transmit through the mic.

Billy
Let me join in the club here- same audio buzz, but no real signal.
Audio is not muted
I have power to the mic
white/black levels next.
wazoo22 is offline Find More Posts by wazoo22
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:03 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
I am not sure if I am addressing the issue or not, but I do get voice alterts on my LCD monitor. Under parameters there is a volume setting (perhaps under variometer?) that I think may also adjust the volume.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:24 AM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
I am not sure if I am addressing the issue or not, but I do get voice alterts on my LCD monitor. Under parameters there is a volume setting (perhaps under variometer?) that I think may also adjust the volume.
I cranked all volume options up to 4 (from 1). No real difference.
Billj747 is offline Find More Posts by Billj747
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Bill, if you have a servo to RCA cable, could you connect the OSD's audio output direct to a monitor and see if you still hear the buzzing? I would recommend an OSD external volume of no more than "2" in most cases.

Also, regarding black/white levels, if you turn the OSD screen off (using the main menu setting or turning on the option to use the select switch to turn it off) and still hear noise, the white/black settings will have no effect. Those only would apply if the noise occurs when text is being displayed.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:19 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
Good point Bill, I hadn't thought of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Bill, if you have a servo to RCA cable, could you connect the OSD's audio output direct to a monitor and see if you still hear the buzzing? I would recommend an OSD external volume of no more than "2" in most cases.

Also, regarding black/white levels, if you turn the OSD screen off (using the main menu setting or turning on the option to use the select switch to turn it off) and still hear noise, the white/black settings will have no effect. Those only would apply if the noise occurs when text is being displayed.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:43 AM
Cyprus
Joined Aug 2011
17 Posts
hi billpa

I used my fpv plane, to quadrocopter using osdpro + loger + gps + guardian I use RTH What is your opinion?
hakani is offline Find More Posts by hakani
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Congratulation Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
I suspect the video issues are related to your camera, antennas, or something along that line.

For your return to home.

I see some issues with your settings.

Please post your config file, so we can take a look at it.

-Mike

In the mean time:
Here is some good study material
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1717573

MIke, congratulation. You were right! I just used ferrite ring on "video in" and "video out" OSD... and everything becomes CLEAR! Thank you!

About the RTH, I still need help! I will make a video and post here!
The Job is offline Find More Posts by The Job
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:07 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
I need guardian settings, and safety menu settings.

If you save your settings, then you can attach that file to a post, and I will be able to open it as a txt. file.

This will give me the whole picture.

I'm glad you resolved that issue with the video.
-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Job View Post
MIke, congratulation. You were right! I just used ferrite ring on "video in" and "video out" OSD... and everything becomes CLEAR! Thank you!

About the RTH, I still need help! I will make a video and post here!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:11 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
hakani,

Right now the OSD does not support quadrocopter.

I think some people are using guardian 2d / 3d with arduino based boards, but we will soon have a good solution.

Eagle tree is working on quad support.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1763092

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakani View Post
hi billpa

I used my fpv plane, to quadrocopter using osdpro + loger + gps + guardian I use RTH What is your opinion?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:33 PM
Brazil, PR, Curitiba
Joined Mar 2009
320 Posts
Hey guys,

I think I already read about that but I canīt find where.

There are any plans on ET to implement automatic waypoints navigation or this is an "out of running" feature?
junioro16v is offline Find More Posts by junioro16v
Last edited by junioro16v; Nov 29, 2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Add automatic word
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Feb 2012
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post

I will probably brand myself an idiot here, but that servo-to-rca cable sounds like a useful thing.
How might I wire that up?

Signal to center pin
Ground to shield
positive to nothing?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:02 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
If you are hooking it up to a audio / video input, then you only need the signal and ground.

Your cam and mic will have to be powered, so the positive and ground will still have to go to the cam and mic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo22 View Post
I will probably brand myself an idiot here, but that servo-to-rca cable sounds like a useful thing.
How might I wire that up?

Signal to center pin
Ground to shield
positive to nothing?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Feb 2012
499 Posts
Thanks. Will actually use a capture device.
Same for video, I presume.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Oct 2012
34 Posts
I have an issue with my osd..... The ailerons have simply stopped working, i have tried swapping around leads to no avail.... The ailerons work when plugged directly to the rx....I had a minor knock to it in a crash so perhaps this is it?.. Anyone had a similar issue with the osd before?!
Thecoltster is offline Find More Posts by Thecoltster
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:04 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
It should withstand a pretty good shock, but if your LiPo hit it, then I could see where you may have desoldered a pin, or something.

You should open a support ticket and have eagle tree check it out, if you have any doubt.

It's better to be safe, than have it start working, and then stop when it is airborn.

-Mike

Open a support ticket here

*[EDIT]* You have a jumper from your Rx to the osd, make sure that there is nothing wrong with that jumper. Maybe swap it for another one.

but if you are running PPM, and everything works except for the ailerons, then you should talk to Eagle Tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecoltster View Post
I have an issue with my osd..... The ailerons have simply stopped working, i have tried swapping around leads to no avail.... The ailerons work when plugged directly to the rx....I had a minor knock to it in a crash so perhaps this is it?.. Anyone had a similar issue with the osd before?!