HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:20 AM
Australia, VIC, Dandenong
Joined Jul 2010
71 Posts
Phew what a relief afte "reading" most of the posts, ok so I guess I am not the only one waiting for an answer, but I will wait.
My question is: I have set the Aux1 to the gear chanel (to enter to the main menu) and Aux 2 to the rudder. When I enter the menu to reset the home position the rudder doesn't work, the se goes with the enabling the RTH. Also when I Hooke up my video system to the OSD my video goes ghosty, will upload and image tomorrow hopefully.

P.S my eagle eye antenna tracking ain't working either
Alyas is offline Find More Posts by Alyas
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:19 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyas View Post
Phew what a relief afte "reading" most of the posts, ok so I guess I am not the only one waiting for an answer, but I will wait.
My question is: I have set the Aux1 to the gear chanel (to enter to the main menu) and Aux 2 to the rudder. When I enter the menu to reset the home position the rudder doesn't work, the se goes with the enabling the RTH. Also when I Hooke up my video system to the OSD my video goes ghosty, will upload and image tomorrow hopefully.

It is time to realize that it is not going to be done tomorrow. You have a bit to learn now that you have the equipment.

this will help a bit.

there is a lot of info on this page.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1717573
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
replay OSD

Dear Mike, do you really believe that the error mensage is antenna or camera issue?

How do you explain that in the same time we can see video very nice! Please, I know you are very busy, but check the video again! Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=tBQp1u-7SM4#!

1- Safety Configuration Menu: 0:05 (maybe it can help you understand my RTH issue)

2- Shake OSD issue: 0:26 (observe that the video is fine, but the OSD is shaking)

3- ERRO mensage: 3:11 (observe that OSD become better, video was fine, but the mensagen appears...)

4- RTH never in circle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
I suspect the video issues are related to your camera, antennas, or something along that line.

For your return to home.

I see some issues with your settings.

Please post your config file, so we can take a look at it.

-Mike

In the mean time:
Here is some good study material
The Job is offline Find More Posts by The Job
Last edited by The Job; Nov 22, 2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:26 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
No, I was referring to the video shaking.

I'll have to take a second look at it, and see if there is something that I can hopefully help you with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Job View Post
Dear Mike, do you really believe that the error mensage is antenna or camera issue?

How do you explain that in the same time we can see video very nice! Please, I know you are very busy, but check the video again! Thanks!

1- Safety Configuration Menu: 0:05 (maybe it can help you understand my RTH issue)

2- Shake OSD issue: 0:26 (observe that the video is fine, but the OSD is shaking)

3- ERRO mensage: 3:11 (observe that OSD become better, video was fine, but the mensagen appears...)

4- RTH never in circle:
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:33 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Job

I think your graphics error is camera related.

I have seen this before,
and I don't have the expertise to explain the physics behind it,
but I will bet you will have to put a 10 or 20 ohm resistor
in line on the video input to the osd.

If you get ahold of Hugeone and ask his opinion on the video quality, and the graphics error,
He might have a definative answer for you.
He has done a lot of work in this area.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1455458

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Job View Post

4- RTH never in circle:
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:42 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Job,

I did a search and found a lot of references to lost signal, due to broken wire and such.

this link directs you to the search that I did. There are a lot of references to look at.

Hope this helps.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...aphics%20error
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:44 PM
Australia, VIC, Dandenong
Joined Jul 2010
71 Posts
Quote:
It is time to realize that it is not going to be done tomorrow. You have a bit to learn now that you have the equipment.

this will help a bit.

there is a lot of info on this page.
thanks for the link, but it didn't really solve my problem, i have followed the correct steps to configure everything, i still do not understand why i should have any issue.
i have checked my wiring and configurations and it seems fine :/
Alyas is offline Find More Posts by Alyas
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:45 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
You have a lot going on here.

Is aux 1 set to a three position switch?

is your rudder on a y connector with aux 2?

What is your switch method set to?

FYI:
Setting aux 2 to the rudder is a possible solution, but is not preferred. I tried it once and found that you cannot enter menu while in flight, because your aux 2 has to be held to one position, and that would cause a crash.

Ghost image is another situation.

I have never seen it but I'm sure that a good place to start is to post a video of it and list your hardware.

Eagle Eyes is stupid until you teach it the parameters that it needs.

This video covers the calibration

Eagle Tree Eagle Eyes Tracking Antenna Tutorial (30 min 1 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyas View Post

Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:16 PM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goryc View Post
I bought the Tiny-Mic DPCAV to record the sound. Failing to make it work I measured the voltage on OSD Pro Audio In and zero (0V) while on Video In is 12V. In your opinion is dead? I have to do something to feed the microphone? I can solve it by a cable to Y only for the power of Video In? Thank you.
Did you ever figure it out?

I have the same Mic and I have 11.2V going to it (measured at the mic's circuit board itself, and I am not getting any audio. I have continuity from the mic to the Tx, but all I get is static on my TV monitor -same as if the Mic is not plugged in.
Billj747 is offline Find More Posts by Billj747
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:27 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
It looks like goryc originally hooked up the mic without supplying power to it.

You have to supply power to the cam, and mic.

Hope this helps.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by goryc View Post
Sorry but I panicked! The second solution is functioning and described in the manual! Need a separate power supply for the microphone slot Audio In port no power. Thanks anyway and sorry.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Aug 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
It looks like goryc originally hooked up the mic without supplying power to it.

You have to supply power to the cam, and mic.

Hope this helps.

-Mike
Yep:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billj747 View Post
Did you ever figure it out?

I have the same Mic and I have 11.2V going to it (measured at the mic's circuit board itself, and I am not getting any audio. I have continuity from the mic to the Tx, but all I get is static on my TV monitor -same as if the Mic is not plugged in.
Still get static.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:04 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Bill,

People have been having issues with the white and black levels interfering with the video, and believe it or not, it can be related to audio.

What you want to do is turn down white levels, and turn up black levels.

It's worth a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billj747 View Post
Yep:

Still get static.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Bill,

People have been having issues with the white and black levels interfering with the video, and believe it or not, it can be related to audio.

What you want to do is turn down white levels, and turn up black levels.

It's worth a try.
I vaguely recall reading something about that a month or so back (just getting back up to speed since the build has been on a hiatus until now). What are the white and black levels and how do I turn them down?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Alyas, regarding the shaking overlay in your video, this is most frequently due to poor ground connection between the OSD and camera or video transmitter. The Graphics error appeared because too many video related errors were detected, which is due to the shaky video also.

Please see the thread here from earlier this week. Let us know if this doesn't appear to be the same issue.

Bill, this may have been covered already, but I want to confirm that you have "mute external audio" set to NO in the OSDs Audio on-screen menu? If you are not hearing any sound from your mic, that is the most likely culprit.

If you are hearing static from the OSD, the black/white levels can be adjusted under the "Change Display Settings" OSD menu. I'd try increasing black to 5 and decreasing white to 6 initially.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Alyas, regarding the shaking overlay in your video, this is most frequently due to poor ground connection between the OSD and camera or video transmitter. The Graphics error appeared because too many video related errors were detected, which is due to the shaky video also.

Please see the thread here from earlier this week. Let us know if this doesn't appear to be the same issue.

Bill, this may have been covered already, but I want to confirm that you have "mute external audio" set to NO in the OSDs Audio on-screen menu? If you are not hearing any sound from your mic, that is the most likely culprit.

If you are hearing static from the OSD, the black/white levels can be adjusted under the "Change Display Settings" OSD menu. I'd try increasing black to 5 and decreasing white to 6 initially.
Yes I have the "mute external audio" set to NO.

I just figured out the mic was working all along. Even with the Mic turned all the way up, there is very little transmission other than higher pitch or buzzing frequencies.

Also, the "static" that I thought was there is more of a deeper sounding resonant 'humming buzz' that changes when I flip screens to the OSD menu as well as completely shuts off if I unplug the VTx or VRx from the system. I tried using the stock patch and whip antenna as well as CP antennas. I tried multiple TVs and VTxs (1000mW and 800mW) but this resonant buzz is prevalent on every setup. I'm not sure if it's my Lawmate 1.3gHZ Rx but that is the only variable I have not tried yet...

If I turn up the sound so the 'buzz' is really loud, I can hear the OSD voice alerts and can hear my self-made buzzing sounds through the mic. I'm sure the sound of the motor will come through clearly, but I doubt anything beyond that or maybe wind noise will transmit through the mic.

Billy