HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:50 PM
Money Shot
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
the wobble is whats driving me nuts. when it rolls over then does 2 or 3 little wobbles, not me..... the other thing is when i roll it on it's side, it does a wag towards where i want, then holds straight, then wags right, then holds.

I had just added these half way down the wing. it made alot less wag, especially for wind, but i think are responsible for that turn then not part.....

and the wing tips are about 1.5" longer than normal.... again trying to make some drag out the back to slow the wag. honeslty if that's all was there i'd be tickled.

Were leaving for the river thursday so i plan spending some time flying laps working on gains in flight to see if i can fix this thing once and for all. i was so close, but tail heavy and all a sudden, all this wobble. think it's been there, just gets pronounced in wind

check out my zxl
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:42 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
That is good looking.

Ya,
the first thing I would do is lower guardian responsiveness.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:07 PM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
ok,,, for sure that's not an oscillation that guardian is supressing? like i got the ail gain too high?

heres some fun stuff

saturday @ daves live feed (7 min 53 sec)
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:44 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Way cool video.

2.8 mi right off the deck, that's pretty good.

i.e. guardian roll gain. I think you're right. I had mine at 4.

The wings are so much more efficient, that it doesn't take much to level them out, and anything excessive just works against you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
ok,,, for sure that's not an oscillation that guardian is supressing? like i got the ail gain too high?

heres some fun stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFUPCDIbfhk
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:15 AM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
270 Posts
Tiny-Mic DPCAV

I bought the Tiny-Mic DPCAV to record the sound. Failing to make it work I measured the voltage on OSD Pro Audio In and zero (0V) while on Video In is 12V. In your opinion is dead? I have to do something to feed the microphone? I can solve it by a cable to Y only for the power of Video In? Thank you.
goryc is online now Find More Posts by goryc
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:32 AM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goryc View Post
I bought the Tiny-Mic DPCAV to record the sound. Failing to make it work I measured the voltage on OSD Pro Audio In and zero (0V) while on Video In is 12V. In your opinion is dead? I have to do something to feed the microphone? I can solve it by a cable to Y only for the power of Video In? Thank you.
Sorry but I panicked! The second solution is functioning and described in the manual! Need a separate power supply for the microphone slot Audio In port no power. Thanks anyway and sorry.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:52 AM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
mike, got the gains figured out to change from the radio, reliably and for sure that was a suppresion thing going on. it still was having a weird time making turns so i went back to the last mod i did and revisited them fins half way down the wing. i'm convinced it is either having that fin out over the front odge of the wing so i trimmed off that part and will try it again shortly. The wobble part is gone, but it is still turning 4 degrees then oscillates back a little then grabbed 4 degrees, over and over. It was not doing that before i added those.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:04 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goryc View Post
sorry but i panicked! The second solution is functioning and described in the manual! Need a separate power supply for the microphone slot audio in port no power. Thanks anyway and sorry.
cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by kloner View Post
mike, got the gains figured out to change from the radio, reliably and for sure that was a suppresion thing going on. It still was having a weird time making turns so i went back to the last mod i did and revisited them fins half way down the wing. I'm convinced it is either having that fin out over the front odge of the wing so i trimmed off that part and will try it again shortly. The wobble part is gone, but it is still turning 4 degrees then oscillates back a little then grabbed 4 degrees, over and over. It was not doing that before i added those.
cool
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:20 PM
Daniel del Chaco
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvandenb View Post
Hi Kyle,

The OSD Pro has and supports Artificial horizon. We are waiting for the expander board to support the FMA co-pilot unit and then it will be fully integrated.
I have an artificial horizon osdpro but the PC software does not move, does not work, that problem?
thanks
daniel sanguinet is offline Find More Posts by daniel sanguinet
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Hi Daniel, the PC AHI display is presently only active when used with EagleEyes telemetry.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:38 AM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
270 Posts
Can be changed with a potentiometer radio sensitivity of the Guardian? And if you can as I do? thanks
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Osd eagletree fail

Dear Friends, I am very sad about my OSD. You can see on the video link below 3 differents problems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tBQp1u-7SM4

1 - OSD data start change the color, and shake a lot during the flight.
2 - OSD display a text info: erro 0000000000 e-mail support
3 - My RTH never works.... My airplane always turns around (circle)and never come home!

Important info:
That problem number 1 and 2 is new. The first time that I could observe that error, was on my 7o flight.

If you need to see another example. Please, check this video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dFyOKKYzVfY

Obs.: I have a forum on the web with 34.500 views on Brazil... waiting for a good answer. Help us!
The Job is offline Find More Posts by The Job
Last edited by The Job; Nov 19, 2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:20 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
I suspect the video issues are related to your camera, antennas, or something along that line.

For your return to home.

I see some issues with your settings.

Please post your config file, so we can take a look at it.

-Mike

In the mean time:
Here is some good study material
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1717573

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Job View Post
Dear Friends, I am very sad about my OSD. You can see on the video link below 3 differents problems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tBQp1u-7SM4

1 - OSD data start change the color, and shake a lot during the flight.
2 - OSD display a text info: erro 0000000000 e-mail support
3 - My RTH never works.... My airplane always turns around (circle)and never come home!

Important info:
That problem number 1 and 2 is new. The first time that I could observe that error, was on my 7o flight.

If you need to see another example. Please, check this video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dFyOKKYzVfY

Obs.: I have a forum on the web with 34.500 views on Brazil... waiting for a good answer. Help us!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:52 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
Can I plug the audio as well as the video outputs of the Eagle Eyes into the audio/video jack on a small LCD TV. There is some mention in the manual about making sure the audio is not plugged into "speakers" and I just want to make sure I can plug it into the TV using the type of cable that has audio and video RC jacks on one end and a combined AV jack on the other end that goes into the TV.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:02 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
Can I plug the audio as well as the video outputs of the Eagle Eyes into the audio/video jack on a small LCD TV. There is some mention in the manual about making sure the audio is not plugged into "speakers" and I just want to make sure I can plug it into the TV using the type of cable that has audio and video RC jacks on one end and a combined AV jack on the other end that goes into the TV.
Hi,
yes, you can.

to "translate" the manual: the eagle eyes has no amplifier for audio - therefore you arenīt allowed to connect the audio signal directly to speakers!

as long as you connect the audio to signal inputs (e.g. connectors called audio in, line in, ...) all is fine.

cu Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1