SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 08:41 AM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
Well, I don't want to look like a lazy b... here but I did read (maybe not all) most of the manual and I am familiar with the alarm function. And yes I set the alarm for both the main pack and the engine temp parameters. However, I was far away from alarm triggering values when this happened. I set the alarm to 34 volts (I am running a 10s pack) for the main pack and 200 F degrees for the temp sensor. And I had about 39 volts (5 volts away from the treshold of 34 volts) on the main pack and the temp reading was only 82 (over 100F away from 200) when this "!" came out. That's why I though it wasn't alarm related. I will test fly the chopper today and if I cannot get rid of this situation, I will disable the alarms all together.
Thanks for the quick response
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:18 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1 Posts
Osd pro

Hi to everybody, I'm new here, so sorry if this is the wrong thread for my question, if so admin please move.

I have a OSD Pro system with the Elogger V3... in an easystar, now i wanted to put in a gyro connected to the elevator, now when i lose signal will the gyro keep the OSD think that signal is present and therefore not recognise the fail-safe and therefore not activate "return to home"???

Please help ;(
senchi is offline Find More Posts by senchi
Last edited by senchi; Aug 11, 2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:09 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
iskoos, that is odd. The ! should not appear if the voltage is more than the alarm voltage. But, I am wondering if you set the "high alarm" checkbox instead of the "low alarm"? If so, the ! will appear until the thresholds are exceeded, rather than what you want.

senchi, if you are using PCM, and set "1 failsafe" which will cause the throttle failsafe to trigger the OSD, the gyro should not affect things. If you are using PPM radio, jsut set "no failsafes" and the gyro again should not affect things. Of course, I'd recommend (on the ground, with motor disabled) switching off your radio to confirm RTH still triggers with the gyro.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:19 PM
Joined Jun 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
senchi, if you are using PCM, and set "1 failsafe" which will cause the throttle failsafe to trigger the OSD, the gyro should not affect things. If you are using PPM radio, jsut set "no failsafes" and the gyro again should not affect things. Of course, I'd recommend (on the ground, with motor disabled) switching off your radio to confirm RTH still triggers with the gyro.
Thank's Bill, i will try and report back
rcspotlight is offline Find More Posts by rcspotlight
Old Aug 12, 2010, 09:57 AM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
Quote:
iskoos, that is odd. The ! should not appear if the voltage is more than the alarm voltage. But, I am wondering if you set the "high alarm" checkbox instead of the "low alarm"? If so, the ! will appear until the thresholds are exceeded, rather than what you want.
Thank you Bill. After messing with it a little bit, I decided to completely disable both (low and high) alarm functions to get rid of the annoying "!" mark. I don't have it anymore but I don't have the alarm either.
I don't seem to understand the difference (despite reading the manual) between low and high alarm. Is it difficult to explain here?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 08:57 PM
Oleg
Joined Dec 2008
812 Posts
Quote:
the difference (despite reading the manual) between low and high alarm
Low alarm will be triggered when the value goes equal or lower of its threshold. The high alarm will be triggered when the value goes equal or higher of its threshold.
Example: you set the low alarm for altitude at 10ft, and high alarm at 3000ft. If you fly lower 10ft or higher 3000ft there will be alarm.
Syberian is offline Find More Posts by Syberian
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:50 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syberian View Post
Low alarm will be triggered when the value goes equal or lower of its threshold. The high alarm will be triggered when the value goes equal or higher of its threshold.
Example: you set the low alarm for altitude at 10ft, and high alarm at 3000ft. If you fly lower 10ft or higher 3000ft there will be alarm.

^^^Check!..

This explains everything. I thought low and high alarms are importance level of the alarm function. I am laughing at myself...
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:06 AM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
Just got done with redoing the OSD alarm settings and it is not exactly what I thought I understood. You have to pick only one alarm (low or high) for each parameter.
So in other words, the altitude example you stated above won't work since you can only set either the low or the high alarm. One or the other not both.

But I definitely feel more comfortable with the alarm settings now...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:21 AM
Joined Aug 2010
41 Posts
Hi all,

I'm a newb when it comes to FPV but have been RCing for quite some time.

I'm really interested in he Eagle Tree pro kit but have a queston about the Return to Home function.

The manual states that when returned home, the aircraft controls willtry to maintain a holding pattern around the take off area. Is there a way to initiate a holding pattern (circling) on demand so that one can do some photo shoots while the plane is circling about?

thanks, great thread by the way!

Yves
Ottawa
yvesOttawa is offline Find More Posts by yvesOttawa
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:17 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Ottawa, presently holding pattern capability is not supported.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2010, 09:13 AM
Joined Aug 2010
41 Posts
Quote:
Hi Ottawa, presently holding pattern capability is not supported.
Hi, thanks for the response. Any plans to incorporate this soon? seems it would be simple enough to include since OSD is already doing it once near home.
yvesOttawa is offline Find More Posts by yvesOttawa
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:39 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Ottawa, we're looking into it.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 05, 2010, 03:01 PM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
901 Posts
Quick question if I may.

I am about to get the Pro OSD system but just to be sure I am using A JR Radio will the connections be OK for the JR receiver?

Thanks

Tom

Cape Cod
tom3holer is offline Find More Posts by tom3holer
Old Sep 06, 2010, 09:26 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Tom, yes, JR is fully supported.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 07, 2010, 04:01 AM
Joined Jul 2010
71 Posts
Hi, I have been unable to find a picture with the arrangement of elements in a glider, so I am going to put a couple of pictures, so have a look at how I have thought about "ordering" all the electronics on the glider pro.
I have made every subject with a little heat, making it more "enlightening."
Top left:
Motor, esc(although not in the photo), camera, servo, transmitter, two voltage regulators in parallel to the video Tx, and below in the fuselage, video battery 1000th, 2650th main battery, below, making a hole in the fuse, the e-Logger from Eagle Tree, above the wings, the head of the copilot, behind the main battery, the osd Et pro, behind the wings, Futaba Receiver, and beyond, the copilot control unit, then the gps, and the last two tail servos.

Place the e-logger under the main battery I see it right, and that left plenty of room to move the batteries depending on where I "asked" the center of gravity. In addition, if swipe any major electronics is behind the drums ...
In the previous model had very good results with this provision, but he had nothing of electronics, of course.
Well, I expect you to watch the photos, and if you see something wrong, or you otherwise you have it or think it can generate interference me the closeness of some elements with others, do not hesitate to tell me.
Thanks and greetings!
Mikel32 is online now Find More Posts by Mikel32