HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:18 PM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumupilot View Post
Dear all
i buy a OSD pro ,gps V4 and eagle tree gardian stabilization
i use a pro recorder and i have to probléme
The ladder of speed is not display (the alt is OK) and i don't find the menu indicated by Eugene florida
is it a dedicated menu with elogger V4?
Thank for help
try this
Go to Main Menu
then down to Select Items to be Displayed ...this is 7th item down on Main Menu click on it.
Airspeed Ladder: if 0 change to 1 to see
Hope that helps
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined May 2011
9 Posts
hi Eugene
is it with "one screen menu"beca i don't find this in eagle tree PC Software
mumupilot is offline Find More Posts by mumupilot
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:26 PM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumupilot View Post
hi Eugene
is it with "one screen menu"beca i don't find this in eagle tree PC Software
You need to use your tranmitter ( Aux 5) to call up the menu.
Not the PC software
Hope that helps
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Mar 2011
169 Posts
Hello,
I am a new OSD pro user and I have a question that is probably very simple for most of you. I have my system installed, the software updated and I am at the stage of calibration of my motor. I have at Thomas Schrerrer receiver and the output of the receiver throttle is installed in the OSD pro properly and the output of the OSD pro goes to the ESC. My motor changes speed properly with the transmitter changing speed. What I can't do is calibrate the motor. Do I need an external sensor in addition to the OSD pro? Any help would be most appreciated.

Marc
mguilbau1 is offline Find More Posts by mguilbau1
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:43 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mguilbau1 View Post
Hello,
I am a new OSD pro user and I have a question that is probably very simple for most of you. I have my system installed, the software updated and I am at the stage of calibration of my motor. I have at Thomas Schrerrer receiver and the output of the receiver throttle is installed in the OSD pro properly and the output of the OSD pro goes to the ESC. My motor changes speed properly with the transmitter changing speed. What I can't do is calibrate the motor. Do I need an external sensor in addition to the OSD pro? Any help would be most appreciated.

Marc
Hi Marc,
i donīt understand what you mean "calibrate the motor ...". there are no more sensors needed.
the rpm-sensors (magnetic ord electronic) are for logging the data with the e-logger, you can do this and also show those values on the osdīs screen but this is an option.

what you have to do if your esc is not "self-learning" the throttle signal: program the esc to the throttle signal as in the esc-manual described. for throttle off and 100% (wot).

during the "RC-setup" of the osd you will be asked to bring the throttle stick to different positions (off, cruise, climb) ... thatīs all.
in the case you donīt know these positions (never flown the plane before) - donīt worry! these settings are used only for rth. find your stick-positions during the first test-flights and then do the rc-wizzard again.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Last edited by Thint1; Mar 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined Mar 2011
169 Posts
Many thanks

I am sorry for not being clearer ~ let me try again. When I tried to calibrate I could not get the OSD pro to see any changes in my throttle. No matter what I did my needle stayed at zero.

I will research the ESC manual to see if I can understand your last comment.

I would have thought by having my throttle input and output going into and out of the OSD pro it could determine my throttle setting.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined May 2011
9 Posts
OK
Now i understand i will try this week end

thank for this help
Best regard
mumupilot is offline Find More Posts by mumupilot
Old Mar 27, 2012, 03:37 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mguilbau1 View Post
I am sorry for not being clearer ~ let me try again. When I tried to calibrate I could not get the OSD pro to see any changes in my throttle. No matter what I did my needle stayed at zero.

I will research the ESC manual to see if I can understand your last comment.

I would have thought by having my throttle input and output going into and out of the OSD pro it could determine my throttle setting.
Hi,
"no matter what i did my needle stayed at zero" ... the only needle i know is the gauge in the windows application.
do you want to show the trottle position as a gauge in this app? so you have to use a v-connection from your rx to the osd AND to the loggerīs rpm input.
the throttle position captured this way can also be displayed on a osd-screen, but only as a value (0 to 200). you choose item to be displayed and then throttle position inside a osd-field of your choice.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Mar 2011
169 Posts
Hi,
"no matter what i did my needle stayed at zero" ... the only needle i know is the gauge in the windows application.
do you want to show the trottle position as a gauge in this app? so you have to use a v-connection from your rx to the osd AND to the loggerīs rpm input.
the throttle position captured this way can also be displayed on a osd-screen, but only as a value (0 to 200). you choose item to be displayed and then throttle position inside a osd-field of your choice.

cheers Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for taking the time to answer and you are correct the windows software needle. Ah ha. I don't have anything connected to the RPM input. I assumed it would derive the information from the throttle input. I will look into that.

Marc
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:38 PM
Dave Mackie
London
Joined Oct 2005
242 Posts
you are obviously trying to kill me

i have spent ALL DAY trying to get several of my computers to recognise my brand new elog 4 with NO results. it emmits single flashes but will not be recognised by the data recorder software.

I have installed it straight into my plane as well and it has not allowed any video from my camera to pass thru, not even with a direct connection out of the OSD to a screen.

w h a t d o i h a v e to do to get this working???

i have tried different cables, 2 different computers, eliminating the vid TX and RX from the chain, installed the latest software, searched every way i know to get it to be recognised by the computer....... WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET THIS WORKING?!?!?!?!!?!

this was meant to be a relaxing weekend.....

cheers

dave
dmackie is offline Find More Posts by dmackie
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:34 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmackie View Post
i have spent ALL DAY trying to get several of my computers to recognise my brand new elog 4 with NO results. it emmits single flashes but will not be recognised by the data recorder software.

I have installed it straight into my plane as well and it has not allowed any video from my camera to pass thru, not even with a direct connection out of the OSD to a screen.

w h a t d o i h a v e to do to get this working???

i have tried different cables, 2 different computers, eliminating the vid TX and RX from the chain, installed the latest software, searched every way i know to get it to be recognised by the computer....... WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET THIS WORKING?!?!?!?!!?!

this was meant to be a relaxing weekend.....

cheers

dave
Power it up with the battery before you update the firmware.

for some reason, most of us have to go through that. I had a couple of frustrating days with my first setup. I finally decided that something was wrong with the unit, but It was something that I was doing...

I don't know what I was doing, because I don't have problems like that any more. Once you establish a system that works, then it runs smoothly...
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Apr 30, 2012, 02:18 AM
Norway, Hordaland, Vaksdal
Joined Nov 2011
30 Posts
I have a brand new Eagle Tree complete setup. It has never been in any kind of crash. Yesterday everything was working fine on the workingbench, and after my last modifications i went to the field. At the field the plane refused to recieve any signal, the servos started to jitter, and the esc emitted a sound that indicates that "throttle signal is abnormal". (Plush ESC, beep every 2 seconds). Therefore i removed all the ET equipment, and hooked up my servos and ESC directly to my Dragonlink reciever. After I did that, everything worked fine.

When I came back home, I tried doing everything once more. I removed all the wires, and hooked them up once more. I am sure that all the servos are plugged in in the "out" ports of the OSD, and the reciever is hooked up in the "In" ports. t still didn't work.

Does anyone recognize this problem?

Thanks in advance, Jarand
JarandLT is online now Find More Posts by JarandLT
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Apr 2011
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarandLT View Post
I have a brand new Eagle Tree complete setup. It has never been in any kind of crash. Yesterday everything was working fine on the workingbench, and after my last modifications i went to the field. At the field the plane refused to recieve any signal, the servos started to jitter, and the esc emitted a sound that indicates that "throttle signal is abnormal". (Plush ESC, beep every 2 seconds). Therefore i removed all the ET equipment, and hooked up my servos and ESC directly to my Dragonlink reciever. After I did that, everything worked fine.

When I came back home, I tried doing everything once more. I removed all the wires, and hooked them up once more. I am sure that all the servos are plugged in in the "out" ports of the OSD, and the reciever is hooked up in the "In" ports. t still didn't work.

Does anyone recognize this problem?

Thanks in advance, Jarand
I am also a new Eagle Tree User and do love its capabilities. At times when I get unexpected results from the flight control system while at the workbench, I run the servo wizard. This seems to sort out most changes I do. The servo wizard is a tool I use anytime I make any changes to the control surfaces.

Also, be sure that your wiring is correct, this is the most important. Your comments lean my thoughts toward a wiring issue. This can certainly bring bizarre results.

Good Luck,

Hector
texasdrifters is online now Find More Posts by texasdrifters
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:56 AM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
242 Posts
Help-me

Sorry but I need to know if my OSD bought a month ago 'by ElectronicaRC (Eladio) in Spain, working or not.
- I connected all'Elogger V4, GPS and OSP pro + Guardian
- I installed the PC version of software. 10.04
- I updated the firmware on all components

Now when the OSD is connected to the video audio is disturbed by a noise unbearable (even if you do not connect the audio OSD). When, however, even if only briefly, the signals do not pass from the OSD noise is absent.
We'll send a mini video that I hope will be useful to understand the problem.
I had already opened a ticket about 10 days but had no answer.
The voltage is stabilized 12v with a step-up, this: "
DC-DC Auto Boost Buck Converter 25W 2-15V to 0.5-30V Solar Voltage Regulators"
Another difficulty I have, for example, I can not see on the screen so the altitude graph.
I look forward to.
thanks
Gory

OSDPro.MOV (1 min 14 sec)
goryc is online now Find More Posts by goryc
Last edited by goryc; Apr 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:06 PM
Norway, Hordaland, Vaksdal
Joined Nov 2011
30 Posts
I have done more thorough tests now. I have connected the elogger to the computer and updated firmware. Everything is OK, when obly the Elogger is connected. When I plug in the OSD to the elogger, the computer can not detect either of them. I just tested my camera and reciever with my friends elogger and OSD, and there everything else (cam and tx) worked fine. The OSD also gets quite warm when I plug it into the Elogger, maybe 40 degrees celcius (313 degrees kelvin) Is there anyone who knows this problem, or anyone who knows how I can fix this? I feel pretty sure about the fact that my problem is located in the OSD.

Anyone?
JarandLT is online now Find More Posts by JarandLT