HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi, there is a setting under "Custom hardware options" that will log data from the Guardian. It's not really used for anything other than tech support troubleshooting, and it will also cause the "turbine" message to appear repeatedly when playing back the file, when this option is enabled. If this option is not enabled, let me know and we'll dig further.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:32 PM
Bill
United States, NE, La Vista
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi, there is a setting under "Custom hardware options" that will log data from the Guardian. It's not really used for anything other than tech support troubleshooting, and it will also cause the "turbine" message to appear repeatedly when playing back the file, when this option is enabled. If this option is not enabled, let me know and we'll dig further.
Thanks Bill, I think that is the problem. I'm at work now and will test this when I get home but I know that I enabled that option.
HiFlyer371 is offline Find More Posts by HiFlyer371
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:41 PM
Bill
United States, NE, La Vista
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Yep, that was it. Thanks!
Has anyone been able to get the PC screen Artifical Horizon to work? Is it suppose to show data from the Guardian?
Thanks,
HiFlyer371 is offline Find More Posts by HiFlyer371
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:23 PM
Eden Prairie, MN
Joined May 2008
332 Posts
Billpa,
I have a problem with my OSD Pro in the following thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1573290

I had it running at one time, just on the bench several months ago and now no luck. I don't want to drag this thread down, but would you mind giving it a look and commenting?
Thanks,
Curtis
P.S. the jist of it is the software will not identify the OSD Pro or the guardian fromt he Elogger V3.
Beau0090_99 is offline Find More Posts by Beau0090_99
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:30 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau0090_99 View Post
Billpa,
I have a problem with my OSD Pro in the following thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1573290

I had it running at one time, just on the bench several months ago and now no luck. I don't want to drag this thread down, but would you mind giving it a look and commenting?
Thanks,
Curtis
P.S. the jist of it is the software will not identify the OSD Pro or the guardian fromt he Elogger V3.
Beau,

On the OSD, there is a pigtail (4wire) which connects to the elogger.

On top of the pigtail there are 4 prongs. (This is where the sensors plug in)

Guardian is considered to be a sensor, and plugs in to that port.

If you have other sensors, you can daisy chain them with Guardian.

-Mike
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Last edited by m_beeson; Jan 16, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:34 PM
Eden Prairie, MN
Joined May 2008
332 Posts
Mike,
Thanks for the help. I understand the bus system, the problem is that when I have the Elogger plugged into the USB cable to the pc, I can connect to the Elogger, but when I go to connect to anything else, it says that neither the OSD Pro or the Guardian are connected. I made sure polarity is correct and into the correct plugs.
Best Regards,
Curtis
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:37 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Mike,
Thanks for the help. I understand the bus system, the problem is that when I have the Elogger plugged into the USB cable to the pc, I can connect to the Elogger, but when I go to connect to anything else, it says that neither the OSD Pro or the Guardian are connected. I made sure polarity is correct and into the correct plugs.
Best Regards,
Curtis
Are you powering it with your batteries and the USB?

Try that. You need to power the elogger with both sources when you update elogger firmware...
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:44 PM
Eden Prairie, MN
Joined May 2008
332 Posts
I have tried powering it up with a 3s battery connected to the main battery leads. Nothing. Plug in the OSD Pro to the lcd/tx port, or just connect the guardian to the port, nothing. I think the port is shot somehow.
I think I will try to contact ET directly to see if i can ship it back for repair.
C
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:00 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
I have tried powering it up with a 3s battery connected to the main battery leads. Nothing. Plug in the OSD Pro to the lcd/tx port, or just connect the guardian to the port, nothing. I think the port is shot somehow.
I think I will try to contact ET directly to see if i can ship it back for repair.
C
Beau,

My understanding is that you are plugging guardian in here

Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:02 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Guardian plugs in here

Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:12 PM
Eden Prairie, MN
Joined May 2008
332 Posts
Mike,
I think in either case it should work as I believe they are daisy chained or bussed together from the OSD Pro. In the most basic form, I don't have the guardian conencted at all, just the OSD Pro to the Elogger V3, and I can't get it to connect.
C
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:23 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Mike,
I think in either case it should work as I believe they are daisy chained or bussed together from the OSD Pro. In the most basic form, I don't have the guardian conencted at all, just the OSD Pro to the Elogger V3, and I can't get it to connect.
C
Beau, You may have a bad OSD, or elogger, or usb plug,

but the guardian daisy chains with the sensore, Not with the osd.

It doesn't work "either way". It needs to be plugged in to the sensor port.

If you are using the secondary USB port (not the 4 prong usb plug) then make sure that it is a deep socket usb plug.

Hope this helps

-Mike
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:52 PM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Nov 2009
1,755 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the proper thread but I need to see what I need to do to get my Elogger V3 and br alt looked at. I've had an issue with the OSD displaying the wrong watt reading and the LCD display on my altimeter is working properly. I also had an accident that might be good cause to have the entire array looked at. Just let me know what I need to do.
Wizzard033 is offline Find More Posts by Wizzard033
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi, if you have the OSD Pro, I'd recommend installing our software version 10.04, doing a "factory reset" on the OSD pro setup page, and checking to see if the issue is resolved after that.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:58 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Oct 2010
284 Posts
[QUOTE=billpa;17354094]kendall, sorry for delay. Your throttle RTH settings look fine. Could you post a short video on youtube or vimeo showing the RTH behavior in the simulator?

Mike, Hey, thanks!Yes, that could be done. Sounds like a "attain this altitude when home is reached" setting would be all that is needed. Others need this? Also, since RTH will disengage when the model reaches home (assuming the radio regains contact) this probably wouldn't get used that much?

bilpa -

I have the same issue. I fly from a valley up some large mountains to altitudes that are as much as 5000ft above my takeoff point (but only a few hundred feet off the ground level (side of mountain). I did a test today to see what happens with RTH when you engage it well above the RTH return to home altitude. For this test I had the RTH home level at 500ft (the maximum). I flew the plane 10,000ft away (to the direct West) and to a altitude above home of 2000ft and engaged the RTH. There was a fair 10-15mph wind blowing north.

The RTH engaged and the plane circled near the place where it was engaged (drifting North with the wind) and continued to circle until it was at the RTH 500ft altitude. During circling to lose altitude, the plane moved North about a mile or so and did not try to come home at all. Once at 500ft, the plane headed home and circled as best as it could in the wind (really, did a good job!)

The problem(s) are:
1) The plane wasted all it's potential energy circling to drop altitude when it could have practically glided home
2) The wind made the situation worse by pushing the plane even further away during the altitude drop
3) and most importantly for me, if I am flying over a mountain peak at a altitude thousands of feet above my takeoff point, the plane would circle until it crashed into the mountain with no hope of making it home.

Can we give a maybe better and more efficient option to the RTH to FIRST fly/glide toward home (if above RTH altitude) THEN drop to RTH altitude?

I'm probably missing something, but if the plane glided home then dropped altitude, it work out a whole lot better for me!

-Mike
RTH Experiment (6 min 49 sec)
rver157 is offline Find More Posts by rver157
RCG Plus Member