SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 12, 2009, 08:00 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jul 2007
9 Posts
Fly-In
Warbirds Over Delaware 2009

Warbirds Over Delaware will be held July July 9 -12, 2009.

Warbirds Over Delaware is an AMA and IMAA scale warbird event. All pilots must have a valid AMA and IMAA membership.

All aircraft flown during the event hours must be a scale warbird and meet IMAA specifications of 80" wing span for monoplanes or 60" wing span for multi-wing aircraft or 1/4 scale or larger.

Pilot and vendor pre-registration is now open. Full details are available on the Warbirds Over Delaware Web Site at: http://delawarerc.org/warbirds.htm

Pre-registration is highly recommended. There is no cost to pre-register.

Pre-registered pilots will have their registration forms automatically filled out and waiting at the registration table at the event. Also, pre-registered pilots will receive a parking pass which we're hoping will reduce the issues with the Park Rangers trying to collect parking fees as pilots enter the site.

Registrations are processed on Saturdays. Please allow up to 7 days for your registration to be processed.

Best,
Brian Pasternak
Delaware R/C Club
bpasternak is offline Find More Posts by bpasternak
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:23 AM
Just Plane Crazy
United States, NY, McGraw
Joined Apr 2004
700 Posts
Photo coverage!

Hello all:
I spent 5 hours at Warbirds Over Delaware on Saturday and the following posts are a record of my visit and experiences.

First I would like to say; AWESOME! This was my first visit to this event and was definitely overwhelmed with the whole thing. At the flight line was constant flying of all kinds of Giant Scale Military model aircraft. From a photographers point of view; there was simply too much to shoot in the 5 hours I spent there. I opted to, after seeing the big picture to only take in-flight photos of planes during the noon show because of the ‘Giant’ number of models in attendance.

For those of you that do not know me: I am an Aero-Modeler myself and Freelance Professional Photographer on the side. It just does not get any better than combining two passions and have fun doing it!

This event also brought a new closeness with my daughter Lindsey and I. I have not seen her in two years as she lives in Alabama and runs a Doggie Daycare and has little time off. She was also overwhelmed with the event and had an awesome time as well. She is a darn good photographer as well so some of her pictures are mixed in with the postings. Needless to say Lindsey now understands my passion for Aero-Modeling now and has requested to watch me fly something of my own before she has to return to Alabama.

ON WITH THE PHOTOS!

This first group of photos in my opinion gets my award for extra effort. Bob Keirbley from Middletown, NJ and Adam and Jennifer Lilly of Fairfield, NJ dressed in 40’s Army Air Corp attire. What a great way to add realism and class to the event. BRAVO! The plane photos are of Adam flying at the noon show with Jennifer along side for a touch of realism. Adam flew his craft in a way that should not have been possible and was quite a show. Thank you.

It should also be noted that Jennifer is an R/C Pilot. She enjoys flying her Trainer and a 1/5 scale Taube.
datazman is offline Find More Posts by datazman
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:34 AM
Just Plane Crazy
Joined Apr 2004
700 Posts
Gregory Haun of Muncie, In brought his C 45 D. Gregory built it from scratch and took him a year to construct working 7 days a week for 8 hours per day. It is powered by 2 Fuji 34’s. It flew great and had that sweet sound of twins. Nice Gregory!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:41 AM
Just Plane Crazy
Joined Apr 2004
700 Posts
This one is self explanatory. Simply read the display card Manny is holding up. Holy Cow, A 70 pound Jug!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:47 AM
Just Plane Crazy
Joined Apr 2004
700 Posts
Believe it or not, this Cub is an ARF!
Last edited by datazman; Jul 13, 2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:52 AM
Just Plane Crazy
Joined Apr 2004
700 Posts
These were the Electric Powered planes that flew in the noon show.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:00 PM
Just Plane Crazy
Joined Apr 2004
700 Posts
Here comes the Jet.
This baby was fast, I estimate somewhere around 220 Miles per Hour at full throttle. I was delighted to see that I was able to capture this bird at full tilt. I am pretty sure the organizer of the event was the owner.
Last edited by datazman; Jul 13, 2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:13 PM
Just Plane Crazy
Joined Apr 2004
700 Posts
The Venders

The Venders. Cant have a show without them!