SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

David Kyjovsky and RC-Factory EPP Yak 54 Review

An EPP plane that is almost indestructible, has incredible roll authority and can be built in one or two evenings. Has the ideal 3D trainer been discovered? Jon Barnes along with Jeff Williams try to find out.

Splash

Introduction

Wingspan:39.5"
Wing Area:355 sq. in.
Weight:14-16 oz.
Length:39"
Wing Loading:5.6-6.5 oz/sq. ft.
Servos:Hitec HS55 sub micro 9.0 gram class
Transmitter:Spektrum DX-7
Receiver:Spektrum AR6100e (Rev 1.6 firmware)
Battery:FMA 1300mAh or 900mAh 3S lipoly battery
Motor:Hoffman Magnetics Rocket brushless outrunner motor
ESC:Castle Thunderbird 36 brushless speed controller
Flight Duration:7-10 minutes
Manufacturer:RC factory
Available in USA From:Northeast Sailplane Products
Available in Europe From:RC factory direct
Price:$114.99

The name David Kyjovsky is widely recognized thanks to a couple of his previous airplane designs, the Super Zoom and the Flash. Made of EPP and billed as aerobatic trainers, it is not hard to see the patternesque lines embedded in these two airframes.

<i> Zoom </i>
Zoom
<i><b>Flash</b> </i>
Flash

<i>Yak 54</i>
Yak 54

One of RC factory's next designs after these two hits would turn out to be a purer aerobatic type of airframe, the often modeled Yak 54. The RC Factory Yak was designed by Davidís colleague, Jan Sedlacek, a long time F3A and F3P competitor and 2005 German F3P-B vice champion. Also constructed of incredibly strong EPP foam and assembled with regular cyanoacrylate adhesives, the RC factory Yak 54 is designed to be several things, but the one design intent that caught my eye is that it is the "Ideal 3D Trainer". Being the old, unteachable dawg that I am, I knew I had to lay my paws upon one of these to see if it would be the magic elixir that finally helps this wannabe 3D pilot learn some new tricks!

Kit Contents

<fontsize=1><i><b> All the way from Prague! </b></i></font>
All the way from Prague!

The Yak 54 flew to me all the way from Eastern Europe, and thanks to Davidís excellent packing job, it arrived in pristine shape. The contents are packed in an attractively svelte and shiny black box, with a color graphic of the finished Yak to start the adrenaline before the box lid is even cracked.

Notable Features Include:

• Extremely durable EPP construction
  • Airfoil shaped wings
  • Carbon fiber reinforcing spars and stringers add strength and rigidity
  • EPP radial cowling creates a more scale appearance
  • Laser cut motor mount/firewall
  • Oversize control surfaces can be set up for large amounts of throw
  • Carbon fiber landing gear
  • Attractive color scheme applied at factory
  • Can be built in one or two evenings, using regular non-foam safe CA
  • Extremely durable and crash resistant design
  • THE ideal 3D trainer?!

In The Box

When popping the top on the Yak 54 box, one is greeted by a colorful assortment of EPP foam parts that are pre-decorated at the RC factory shop. I personally like the colors, and the black carbon fiber landing gear and black lite ply motor firewall provide nice color contrast when it is all assembled.

Items included with the Kit

• EPP fuselage, wings, empennage, wheel pants and radial cowl
  • Carbon fiber spars, stringers and landing gear
  • Pull pull rudder/elevator control linkages
  • Laser cut lite ply motor firewall and side mounts
  • Fiberglass landing gear reinforcing plate and control horns
  • Hinges, miscellaneous hardware and toothpicks

Required for Completion

• Minimum four channel radio system
  • Four 9 gram sub micro servos
  • Brushless outrunner motor capable of 100-200 watts output
  • Electronic speed control
  • 3S (11.1 volt) 600-1300mAh lipoly battery
  • Propeller
  • 1" to 2" lightweight foam wheels
  • Pushrods

Items Obtained and Used in Review

• Hoffman Magnetics Rocket brushless outrunner motor
  • Castle Creations Thunderbird 18 brushless speed controller
  • Hitec HS-55 sub micro servos (four)
  • APC SF 10x4.7 prop
  • Dubro Micro Pull-Pull System (#846)
  • Dubro Micro Steerable Tail Wheel (#926)

Some folks reported receiving both tires/wheels and push rods in their Yak 54 kit but my box did not contain those parts. I am not sure if the kit should include them or not. In any event, a quick rummage around in my parts boxes located suitable pieces that could be used.

Assembly

Marketed as a kit that can be slung together in a scant one or two evenings, I was doubtful that this old slow poke builder could really do just that. Especially since review projects demand a lot of pausing during assembly for photos. I decided to take the kit along on a long weekend vacation to the beach to see if I could go from the box to the air that quickly. The included instructions amount to a single sheet of paper, printed on both sides with black and white directions and multiple sketches.

RC factory Yak 54 Assembly Instructions

Another great resource, lest you have any questions or need clarifying photos during the assembly phase, is this RCGroups discussion thread started by Neil Morse. Incidentally, Neil was the first person in the USA to receive a Yak 54, and he detailed his build and flights in this thread also:

Interesting to me was the fact that although EPP foam is, well, foam, it is not necessary to use foam safe CA. I used medium viscosity regular CA on most of the build and 5 minute epoxy for extra bonding strength when necessary. For mounting the servos and electronics, I used hot glue. Of EXTREME importance in building the Yak 54 is to have a perfectly flat building surface. Many of the steps require one, and if not careful during these steps, the airframe could end up warped or the incidence of the wing could end up goofy.

NOTE: Ezone reviews are not intended to be build guides per se, or to take the place of the assembly instructions typically included in a kit. Having said that, here are a few highlights of my build of the RC factory Yak 54 EPP

Wing

The wings get glued to the fuselage backbone first, with the carbon spars getting inserted second. It is important to make sure you get the wings glued on with the right side up and that you do this step on a perfectly flat surface, or problems will arise further on in the build.

To install the carbon fiber rods, a shallow groove must be cut into the wing halves. Use a new knife blade to avoid tearing the EPP foam. Press the rods into the foam and apply some thin CA over them to bond them in place.

Fuselage

The fuselage gains structural rigidity and strength by inserting carbon stringers into it. The grooves are cut in to the fuselage by the factory. I used CA and kicker to bond the carbon pieces in place. The wings are indexed to the fuselage backbone via small triangle protrusions and indentations that serve as alignment marks. It is important to ensure that these critical joints are glued while the fuselage and wing halves are lying on a perfectly flat surface. Using the same flat surface, the canopy can be CA'd to the fuselage cross section.

Before the black fuselage backbone and colored fuselage vertical section can be mated, it is necessary to cut through the center of the large aligning blocks so that the vertical section of the fuselage can be "opened" and inserted onto the fuselage backbone. CA and kicker bond the two fuselage pieces into one.

The landing gear gets glued to the belly of the Yak by means of a small, rectangular fiberglass plate to which the carbon fiber gear is then attached with very small screws. I first used CA on this joint but then decided to go with epoxy given the guaranteed stresses to which the gear will be subjected.

Another nice touch in the Yak 54 kit is the inclusion of foam wheel pants. I toyed around with the idea of rounding the somewhat squarish pants into a more aerodynamic shape but there is really not enough foam to permit this. The axles are nothing more than long 4/40 screws. It is imperative to use thread locking compound on the 4/40 jam nuts that secure the pants to the fiberglass pants mounts.

A fiberglass tail skid is included with the kit. I instead opted to go with a Dubro Micro Steerable Tail Wheel (Dubro part #926). I fabricated a small lite ply plate and epoxied it to the bottom rear of the fuselage, attaching the tail wheel assembly to it.

Tail

The horizontal stabilizers also receive carbon reinforcement spars and shallow slots must be cut both top and bottom into which to insert them.

The elevator comes already attached by means of the EPP foam "skin" but the rudder will need to be attached using the included plastic hinges. The included fiberglass composition control horns are installed by cutting a slot in the rudder and elevator, slipping them in and then gluing them with a little CA.

Though RC factory includes some pull pull control components for the rudder and elevator in the box, I picked up Dubroís small pull pull package (Dubro part #846). It includes everything required to set up both tail axes and is a little easier to install.

Radio Installation

To install the radio components, it is necessary to cut pockets into the EPP foam. The instructions provide a rough idea of where they should be located. I used a Dremel to carve out the pockets in the underside of the wings for the aileron servos. Be ever so careful to NOT accidentally cut right though the wing. Keep the pockets on the small side, so the servos fit snugly. A little hot glue will hold them in place. When installing radio system components, I really like working with EPP foam. It is easy to hide the servo leads by cutting a groove into the foam and pushing the leads down into it.

The receiver can be mounted somewhere on the backbone of the fuselage. I chose a location that would be centrally located for all of the servo leads to reach without the need for servo extensions. I cut a hole in the backbone and centered up the Spektrum 6100e receiver on the spine of the Yak.

Power System Installation

I deviated from the recommended method of mounting the motor on my Yak. The design intent is that the motor get affixed to the lite ply, black, round motor plate. I selected a Hoffman Magnetics Rocket outrunner motor for my yak and mounted it to the front of the foam fuselage instead of the lite ply circular motor plate. I cut a circular piece of lite ply using my Dremel and mounted the Rocket to it using nylon standoffs. The proper length of standoffs was selected so that the motor shaft would just protrude through the big round motor disc that is normally used as the motor mounting surface. Be sure and use thread locking compound on these motor mounting screws, as they will not be very serviceable once the plane is completely assembled. It was necessary to open up the center hole in the big round motor disc a little for the Hoffman motor shaft.

The motor assembly is mounted down between the "forks" of the two fuselage pieces. I drilled small holes through the light ply motor mount disc and into the foam. To more securely anchor the motor to the fuselage, I not only epoxied the wooden disc to the fuselage but also pushed bamboo skewers through the small holes and into all four of the fuselage pieces, gluing them into place to create four shock absorbers that penetrate deep into the foam and spread any forces from a nose down impact out over a greater area.

Two rectangular pieces of lite ply notch into the large circular disc and serve as the primary means of mounting it to the front of the Yak. The toothpicks that come included with the Yak kit are used to tie the big disc into all four fuselage surfaces. They are pushed through small holes drilled in the disc and into the foam of the fuselage (I obviously borrowed RC Factoryís idea on this technique and used it to advantage when mounting my motor).

I selected a Castle Creations Thunderbird 36 amp speed controller for this project, although a Thunderbird 18 amp controller would have probably been adequate as well. The Rocket is a fairly strong motor, and I wanted to make sure I had a little extra in the top end of the ESC to permit experimentation with bigger props if I fancied it.

The final step of the power system installation involves transforming a rectangular piece of EPP foam into a round cowl. CA is used to glue the edges of the cowl together, and it is then slipped over the front of the fuselage. It fits quite snugly, and it is not necessary or recommended to glue it into place. I really like the added touch that this rounded front end adds to the RC Factory Yak 54. It gives a more 3D appearance to this profile plane.

Completion

Putting the finishing touches on the Yak involves checking the CG, and setting up the control surface throws is pretty easy to do. The latter involves setting the high rate throws to absolute maximum physical deflections, with the low rates set at something less. The actual amounts are not critical. This is a hard core 3D/aerobatic plane, and you will definitely want as much control surface movement as possible. To achieve big throws will probably require some aftermarket servo horns of the extra long variety. The low rates are basically dialed back to around 50% of the high rate throws. Hitting the proper CG is ultimately linked to battery selection and its mounting position on the fuselage.

I use 900-1300mAh 3S sized batteries to keep my Hoffman Magnetics Rocket happy. Lighter is definitely better on a plane like this. Resist the urge to use big, honking lipoly batteries on the Yak. I would recommend staying at or smaller than 1300mAh sized lipos so the Yak will really lock in on the hover and have overall improved aerobatic and 3D performance. The recommended center of gravity is 0 to 5mm aft of the wing tab, which are the small arrows used to index the wings at their roots to the fuselage. By sliding the two FMA lipoly batteries that I intend to use as my flight batteries back and forth on the fuselage, I was able to locate a suitable location for battery placement that would also result in a correct CG. I cut a couple of slots in the fuselage and slipped a hook and loop strap through them to secure the battery in place.

All-up-weight with 3S 950mAh battery
All-up-weight with 3S 950mAh battery
All-up-weight with 3S 1300mAh battery
All-up-weight with 3S 1300mAh battery

Flying

I decided early in this flying season that my abilities as a radio controlled pilot should be much more advanced than they are, given the number of years I have been in the hobby. I find myself reluctant to push the envelope when one mistake can return an air frame to kit form, or even worse, into a pile of kindling. Thus, the challenge I posed to myself early this year was to expand my ability to perform a wider variety of aerobatic and 3D maneuvers and at a much lower altitude. I am a wee bit embarrassed to report that my plane of choice to meet this challenge had been my ParkZone T-28 because it is made of foam, easily repaired and even the worst of crashes can be fixed with a few bucks and a trip to the local shop.

Enter the RC factory Yak 54 EPP!! It possesses the same attributes of the T-28 as far as being easily repairable and durable but it is indeed a purely aerobatic/3D air frame.

Taking Off and Landing

A little <i>Double Vision</i>
A little Double Vision

If you fly from pavement or even a fine gravel running track, the Yak can do ROG style takeoffs and landings all day. The wheels are large enough that it rolls nicely on hard surfaces. If you fly off grass, do not even bother trying conventional takeoffs. (Unless there are numerous golf balls lying around on your runway!) I would recommend either leaving the gear off or hand launching the Yak.

If you are good enough, catch the Yak out of a hover to end the flight. Trying to land in grass has always resulted in my wheel pants getting spun on the wheel axles. Do it with enough forward velocity, and you will most probably rip the carbon fiber gear off of the fuselage. Repairs are EASY though, so no big worry if this does happen. As an alternative, land her inverted in grass. My Hoffman Rocket makes my conventional takeoffs short, sweet and straight up like a, well, ROCKET! The vertical climb out is pretty good for my Yak, given my power to weight of 175 watts per pound.

When performing a conventional landing, it is best to harrier the Yak in and kerplop it at your feet with a very short rollout. It is pretty difficult to try and land the Yak with the throttle completely off. The Yak just loves to keep flying and will do so with very little power. When it does decide that the lift is gone, it will drop the nose pretty quickly. I really enjoy hand launching mine, even though most places that I fly have a suitable surface for ROG take offs. I just hold her by the canopy, throttle her up and release.

Aerobatics/Special Flight Performance

Around 175 watts per pound
Around 175 watts per pound

Aerobatics and 3D are where the Yak really shines and, just as I had hoped, it has definitely helped this self-proclaimed "old dawg" advance my skills and even learn some new tricks. Though I cannot necessarily dissect the air frame and its ability to perform all of the 3D and aerobatic various maneuvers as better pilots than me can, I can talk about the good things the Yak has brought to my thumbs.

My Yak is a very neutral airplane as currently set up. When I flip mine inverted, I typically do not need to apply any down elevator to hold altitude. The only time this is not true is when the airspeed is on the low side or a steep turn is entered. I have often tasked myself with flying inverted for the greater part of my flights than right side up. Getting comfortable in the inverted position for longer and longer nonstop sessions has done wonders for my orientation abilities. Learning to use the rudder correctly while inverted is another benefit the Yak has offered to me.

This Yak 54 is a knife edge machine! Though I tend to have a wee problem with keeping them at a pure 90 degrees, the Yak has helped me log some serious time flying around in knife edge. Circles, figure eights, trips around and around the pattern, high alpha slow flight knife edge and higher speed knife edge with minimal rudder deflection ... the Yak can do it all! I have managed to hone my skills to the point where I can even do single aileron rolls while in knife edge, initiating the roll and stopping the roll from the knife edge. The Yak is a superb platform for anything related to knife edge!

With high rates activated on all surfaces, the Yak 54 is a great hovering trainer. I like the locked in feeling the Yak offers during the hover, and I am sure it helps that the AUW is right around 16 ounces and that my CG is right where the designer recommends. I really like transitioning into a hover by performing a wall type entry and then seeing how far I can let the Yak tail slide back down towards the ground without falling out of the hover. The Hoffman Rocket gives adequate vertical punch out for those plentiful times when I get in trouble and have to bail out but part of my self imposed training has been to really force myself to try to hold the hover through a torque roll or two. This has always been my achilles heel, and I ultimately blame it on not enough time on the simulator. The Yak 54 has been a great platform to enable me to "hang" in there while learning to hover!

At full power, high rate aileron rolls are pretty rapid. Snaps are immediate, and even a greenhorn like me can manage to exit them at will with the Yak. I have even flown the Yak on days with winds pushing 15 MPH. Though it turns into a bit of a kite with these higher winds, it is still can teach you a thing or two and broaden your skills overall. This is an airplane that is fun to fly, extremely versatile and incredibly durable.

Would you like to hear what a more experienced pilot has to say about the RC factory Yak 54 EPP? Read on for fellow reviewer Jeff Williams' thoughts on this one from another angle!

Jeff "Tram" Williams Checks in on the RCF Yak 54 from Beautiful Bama!

Having flown the Flash from David, I knew when the Yak 54 came out I had to have one, and with the recent release of the Yak 55, I'm sure one will find it's way into my hangar.

I have often been asked what would make a good trainer for someone wanting to learn the aerobatic ropes, and here it is. There are obviously a few attributes to look for in a "beginner aerobatic" aircraft. Two of these attributes are performance and durability. The nature of 3D type flying can be very unforgiving, especially for beginners. Flying on the backside of the stall and often times on nothing more than sheer power from the motor can go "wrong" rather quickly, and an aircraft that will bounce rather than crunch is a wonderful thing. The "crunchless" nature of the Yak is what makes this airplane such a joy to fly. I have found over years that flying an aircraft with little to no stress level leaves me grinning much more than one I am afraid to hurt. When learning to fly 3D, this quasi-fearlessness is extremely beneficial to skill building.

Building the Yak is very straightforward and can be done with a multitude of adhesives in minimal time. CA, Welder's contact cement and hot glue all work great. I would guess there is close to 2oz of hot glue riding around on my Flash. I have personally found Welder Contact cement to be the "Golden Ticket" for EPP. It works great.

Flying the Yak is wonderful. It is a very honest airframe with no notable bad habits. Rolls are crisp and axial. The Yak is neutral during Knife Edges with no tendencies to tuck to the belly or canopy. Hovering is next to hands off. It is very stable and yet still allows the type of performance someone learning 3D needs.

The Yak is not merely a "3D trainer" though, it is a great platform for any aerobatic pilot to hone their skills with. The Yak is an extremely well rounded flyer and is without a doubt able to put a smile on any aerobatic pilots face.

Almost Indestructible?!

I cannot even begin to count the number of times I have dumb thumbed my RCF Yak 54 during the 2009 flying season. Remembering my personal challenge of performing more 3D and aerobatics and doing them at a lower altitude in mind, it is not difficult to determine that every time I have taken my Yak out flying it has been squarely in harmís way. Notable "events" over the last few months have included a very hard nose down impact while trying to perfect a high alpha inverted harrier. I broke the cardinal rule of inverted flight and did not roll out when things went bad but instead panicked and grabbed a big fist full of up elevator. The Yak slammed into the gravel running track that I was flying over with a sickening thud, the airframe impacting the ground at an almost perfect 90 degree alignment. I walked over to it expecting to see the Rocket knocked loose and the front end of the EPP crumpled up accordion style.

Two RCF Yak 54s rolling in!

I was shocked to find the motor and its mount completely intact and solid. The big round cowl had popped off and resumed a flat shape when the glue seam broke loose due to the impact and one of the toothpicks used to secure the black cowl baffle had sheared but that was the entire extent of the damage. Another particularly impressive event was when friend and fellow flier Neil Morse and I were working to get our two Yaks in the same air space for photo opportunities. While my Yak was in a hover, Neilís came swooping in with its talons drawn. The two Yaks were instantly tangled together and spun to the ground like two raptors fighting over prey.

<i>Closer ... wait for it ...</i>
Closer ... wait for it ...

Though my Yak definitely came out on the losing side of the accidental air battle, a few minutes with some regular CA and kicker piecing together the carefully gathered EPP aileron fragments and I was back in business. I am completely amazed at just how durable the RC factory Yak 54 is. Though I have been flying mine aggressively since late spring, the airframe still looks pretty good and it just keeps coming back for more. Mine has been with me for almost every trip I have made to my flying sites this year, as well as numerous trips to work and down to the neighborhood park. It is a plane that I can fly almost anywhere, which translates into a lot of stick time with it.

<i>WUH WOH</i>
WUH WOH
<i>Look at my aileron!</i>
Look at my aileron!

<i>RCF Yak 54 Repair Kit</i>
RCF Yak 54 Repair Kit

Is This For a Beginner?

Sure, why not!? If you dumb the throws down so that they are really tame, a beginner could probably handle the Yak 54 with a little effort, although a good size bottle of CA will be required to fix the mistakes a beginner will assuredly make with a plane like this. Seriously though, this EPP composition plane is extremely durable. It WILL break if you mess up bad enough or hit the ground hard enough but it goes back together really nicely. It is perfectly capable of flying along at a snails pace without falling out of the sky. This ability to fly slowly makes this airplane a good candidate for a beginner, as the slower a plane is the more time it offers the beginner to react once or twice or however many times needed until they get it right. If you are an aspiring 3D/Aerobatic pilot or someone who really wants and needs to advance their skill set like I am, the Yak is the plane for you!

Flight Video/Photo Gallery

The RC factory Yak 54 EPP is one of the most photogenic planes I have flown this year! Please enjoy some of the hundreds of photos I have of mine.

Downloads

Conclusion

Though it may seem like big shoes to fill, I am going to go out on a limb and say that the RC factory Yak 54 is indeed THE ideal 3D/aerobatic trainer. You just cannot go wrong with a plane that builds as fast as this one and then is so easily repairable with just regular CA when, not if, the inevitable crashes do occur! It is amazing what you can do when the fear of destroying an airplane is NOT the main thing on your mind when trying low altitude maneuvers. Once freed of this thought, which can hold you back like a ball and chain, you are free to concentrate on pushing yourself and learning cool new things without fear of going home sans favorite airplane due to a brain-to-thumb misfire.

My quest this year has been to make a focused and diligent effort to improve my skill set to a point that I honestly should have been at years ago, in my opinion. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the RC factory Yak 54 EPP is unreservedly the deciding factor that permits me to feel very good about my progress during this 2009 flying season. And the best part about it is that I still have my Yak and am looking forward to continuing my efforts in 2010.

Pluses

• Can be built in a couple evenings with regular CA and kicker
  • Extremely durable and easily field repairable
  • Excellent 3D/aerobatic trainer
  • Included carbon fiber landing gear
  • Offers anxiety free flying, which assuredly leads to improved flying skills

Minuses

• Assembly instructions on the brief side

And if you really don't prefer the Yak 54 for some reason, you may be interested in knowing that RC Factory has just recently released a Yak 55 which is in the exact same size/class as the Yak 54. I think I need another RCF Yak to solidify my continuing education!

A special thanks to Neil, Terry and Don for their assistance with this review!
Last edited by Angela H; Nov 19, 2009 at 11:34 AM..

Discussion

Old Nov 19, 2009, 03:33 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
I've made the big time! Always wanted to see my name in bold print!
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Nov 19, 2009, 04:19 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,139 Posts
Great job, Jon, I hope this review stimulates even more interest in this great model. The only thing I would add is that, in addition to being a fabulous 3D machine, the Yak also tracks beautifully and is a great practice plane for conventional IMAC-style pattern aerobatics as well. As Tram says, it has no bad habits at all, just a great flying plane for all aerobatic styles.

Neil
Neil Morse is online now Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Old Nov 19, 2009, 06:23 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Melrose, MA
Joined Jul 2005
1,396 Posts
Best plane I've ever owned. Glad to see it getting more exposure. Good job on the review guys!

-Adam
AJWoods is online now Find More Posts by AJWoods
Old Nov 19, 2009, 06:32 PM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
Buy one you wont regret it!
paintball_kidz is offline Find More Posts by paintball_kidz
Old Nov 19, 2009, 07:19 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram View Post
I've made the big time! Always wanted to see my name in bold print!
Great job Jeff and John! I love the pictures!!

Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:10 PM
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIT KID View Post
Best plane I've ever owned. Glad to see it getting more exposure. Good job on the review guys!

-Adam
Yep.. It is an awesome bird.. Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_kidz View Post
Buy one you wont regret it!
Exactly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
Great job Jeff and John! I love the pictures!!

Hey man, JB did all the work, I just showed up and played with the toys..
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:42 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
I was just looking for an excuse to put your name in bold again.

And I still want to see someone mount an EDF in the circular cowl.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:56 PM
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
Why don' tyou do it
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:09 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Don't tempt me now...
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:13 PM
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
Ah it's ok.. If you're skerrred, say you skerrrred..
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:16 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
I'll make you a deal- I'll do it twice, you just fund me.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:27 PM
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
Lol...
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:52 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,519 Posts
Mmmm carnage....

Great review Jon

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:52 PM
Never enough RC time.
Joined Aug 2007
72 Posts
Great review, thanks!

I am just kind of getting into building planes, I have been running BNF, but $115 with no motor, electronics, no prop or even pushrods? That seems a little steep to me, but I am still new to building, so maybe that is par for the course.

Sure does look and fly nice though!
jakesterama is offline Find More Posts by jakesterama