HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:43 AM
Old Timer
USA, AZ, Payson
Joined Dec 2008
184 Posts
Well fellows, it looks like I just got the last one from Allerc! It will go on the shelf for a while as I have a BH Models 1/5th Pitts ahead of it.

Dave
av8djc is offline Find More Posts by av8djc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:36 PM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,258 Posts
The Pitts 70e appears to be the exact airframe only different covering for those who like to still order one. They are the same price.
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:40 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,341 Posts
The HYPERION PITTS 12 70E LIMITED EDITION ARF
http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-pitts...rf-p-5700.html
is NOT the same as the Samson II. I have both. The 12 has squared off wingtips among other differences. It flyies well but has significant KE coupling. It is the same size and weight and uses the same power system.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:00 AM
bagwahn
Brewster, Washington, United States
Joined Oct 2004
7 Posts
All ready to go now just need some time and better weather.

bagwahn is offline Find More Posts by bagwahn
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:54 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwahn View Post
All ready to go now just need some time and better weather.

What prop/motor/esc setup?

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined May 2007
1,258 Posts
Had my maiden today. It's a fun airplane to fly. Needed a few clicks of down trim and she was flying very nicely.

I am using the 4025-16 on 7S 4200 mAh with 18x10 Xoar. Flight 6 min with 35% left. Peak power was 1800W at 65A.

I lost orientation a couple of times during some aerobatic maneuvers and will most likely add some white stripes under the lower wing.

Nice ship...
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:07 PM
bagwahn
Brewster, Washington, United States
Joined Oct 2004
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo View Post
What prop/motor/esc setup?

Mendo
HP ZS4025-16
Graupner 18X12 3 blade
PHX-Ice100 Lite
6S-5000mah

For what it's worth Castlelink shows,
85 amp
1959 watts
6026rpm

bagwahn
bagwahn is offline Find More Posts by bagwahn
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined May 2007
1,258 Posts
Which spinner do you have on it?
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:03 PM
USA, MI, Oxford
Joined Apr 2007
78 Posts
Does anyone know if the Hacker A50-12L is a direct bolt in to the motor box with no modifications to the attaching locations and if the back of the prop comes out in the correct location relative to the cowl ? (no standoffs, cutting motor box)
KenCz is offline Find More Posts by KenCz
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:12 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenCz View Post
Does anyone know if the Hacker A50-12L is a direct bolt in to the motor box with no modifications to the attaching locations and if the back of the prop comes out in the correct location relative to the cowl ? (no standoffs, cutting motor box)
Ken,

Ill take a look for you, I havent yet started on my Samson as I still need a few things to finish the build ( one servo and some good batteries to go ) but I have a nib A50-12L V2 I bought for it, and Ill go mock it up and see whats what. I do believe that the A50-12L V1 and V2 arent the exact same length ( not 100% positive, but very easy to check ) so bear in mind if you are going to use the V1 motor my measurements will be with a V2. Ill try to get the time tonight to drag it all out and snap some pics.

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:42 PM
USA, MI, Oxford
Joined Apr 2007
78 Posts
Mendo,
Thanks much - appreciate any info you can pass on - I would be using the V2 same as you.
Ken
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:08 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Mendo,
Thanks much - appreciate any info you can pass on - I would be using the V2 same as you.
Ken
Ken,

Nice, Ill do my best to get to it today/tonight, might I ask what the rest of your setup is going to consist of as far as esc,rx,servos,etc...? Im curious as to what other folks are using in theirs.

Matt
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:32 PM
USA, MI, Oxford
Joined Apr 2007
78 Posts
Matt,
Just took delivery of my Samson and still shopping for components. Looking at Hitec HS-5645 digital MG for servo on 6V. Plenty of power for this bird!
Still deciding on motor and esc - a trusted EP friend says go with the Hacker 50-12L and 100A Ice.
KC
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:01 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Matt,
Just took delivery of my Samson and still shopping for components. Looking at Hitec HS-5645 digital MG for servo on 6V. Plenty of power for this bird!
Still deciding on motor and esc - a trusted EP friend says go with the Hacker 50-12L and 100A Ice.
KC
Your friend gave good advice, hacker and castle are in most of my electrics. For the Samson I went with the A50-12L V2 and had a nib castle ice light 100 laying around, and with the servos ( I know they are overkill, but why not! They weigh the same as whats recomended....) I got some HS-7955TG's which will be running at 6v through a castle bec pro, Im still up in the air on whether or not to run the radio off a seperate life or lipo, or just off the 6s packs. Not sure if the weight gain offsets the flight times and safety of seperate power for the radio. I am also going to stuff a bunch of telemetry goodies in it for no good reason beyond having some laying around and lots of empty fuse to look at.

Matt
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Mendo; Nov 04, 2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:39 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathermerchant View Post
I think there's only one. Last I saw it is in Germany.
You may be suprised then! There are several out there flying, both single and two seaters. In fact for the low price of a half million you can order a brand new one! ( Crazy as it sounds, thats less money than a brand new Cessna 182 ) Take a look at the following link and enjoy folks.

http://www.wolfpitts.com/samson.html

Mendo
RCG Plus Member