Easy fix. Repaint the cowling.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:27 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
It's too pretty, and you would have to also paint the wheel pants, and I guaranty you the decals won't stand up to the fuel either,,,,

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Easy fix too ... new decals.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:11 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
Whatever floats your boat....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:02 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Well, much to the detriment of my bank balance I just went and bought myself some new HS-7955TG's and a Hacker A50-12L V2 for my Samson, I am down to needing only odds and ends now ( dummy radial, spinner, misc. scale details etc.. ) and some good batteries and I can get started on this baby!

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:09 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
I think you should buy my Sbach or my Yak!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:04 AM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Had I seen your Sbach a few weeks ago before I bought the Samson and some nice equipment to stuff in it I would be getting ready to fly it in the morning lol! I wish I could afford it but I have done far to much damage to my bank account this month, so far.....

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:06 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
I know the feeling....I really do!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:45 AM
Tucson
Joined Nov 2009
899 Posts
I just saw the Samson on sale, and bought one.

Fantastic quality!

How is the hardware for putting the wings on? Is there better hardware to buy for faster setup?
wuest3141 is offline Find More Posts by wuest3141
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:50 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Mine is still in the box, which I just took to my storage the other day ( thinking I was not going to buy the gear for it right away as the good stuff is hard on the wallet ) but now that I went bezerk and have most of it on the way Ill pick it back up and take a look at the wing mount hardware. If memory serves when I looked at the bag of hardware the day I got it I dont remember thinking ( I will want to replace all of this ) like I generally do with questionable quality hardware and linkage. Ill let ya know later today and if you want take some pics of it all.

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:09 AM
Henchmen wanted. Send Resume.
State College PA
Joined Jul 2002
1,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuest3141 View Post
I just saw the Samson on sale, and bought one.

Fantastic quality!

How is the hardware for putting the wings on? Is there better hardware to buy for faster setup?

Just label your interplane struts as in"right/top" or "left/bottom" - they're ALMOST symmetrical and you won't be sure till you try to tighten them down.

Clean out the threads on the wing tab nuts. They're painted and can lead to cross threading.

The only improvement I can think of in wing attachment is to convert to captive screws. That way you won't be fumbling for them in the grass.
TomM is offline Find More Posts by TomM
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:27 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
I ended up short on time yesterday when I went to my storage and I didnt get a chance to give the Samson so much as a glance. Adding insult to injury I didnt even have room to bring it back to the house as my truck got stuffed to the gills with kits that are getting shipped out. Im gonna go grab it today and take a good look at it and plan my attack lol. I was also going to order one of the top flite dummy radials like Steve had on his samson but I remembered my father mentioning he had a whole stack of new Williams Brothers engine kits! So, now its going to get a 1/5 scale P&W Wasp radial kit stuffed in it, which is what the real Samson has up front, a 985 wasp. I think I am going to do the scale route and do up the dual cockpits, do all the flying wires and bracing, scale tailwheel location and so on.....The little details are what really sets off something this pretty to begin with and I still have some things to buy before I can get it in the air, so I will have some time to add details while my bank account catches its breath from the last shopping spree on this thing. The killer now is going to be buying some packs, its gonna hurt.

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:08 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,341 Posts
Before you go nuts, look at some pics of the real one. The model is not very scale at all in it's proportions.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:45 AM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathermerchant View Post
Before you go nuts, look at some pics of the real one. The model is not very scale at all in it's proportions.
I have lots of pics of the real ones, its actually quite close in all respects. I must assume you arent comparing it to the 2 seat version which its modeled after....

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:01 AM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,341 Posts
I think there's only one. Last I saw it is in Germany.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant