HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2009, 12:22 PM
Assistant Pitman's Helper
Laval, Quebec, Canada
Joined Jul 2009
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.W. Corrigan
BTW, Many thanks to NipponDave. I have seen evidence of your involvement with product support and it is appreciated. Your commitment to contiuning product development is very much respected by this consumer. I know good documentation is expensive and not easy but it can definately set your product apart beyond the fundamental quality of the kits.

Steve

I Agree NipponDave's involvment and dedication is second to none
R.Gareau is offline Find More Posts by R.Gareau
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tradition
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2009, 05:26 PM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Gareau
I Agree NipponDave's involvment and dedication is second to none
Thanks to you both, Mr. Gareau and Corrigan. And special congratulations for Mr. Gareau's successful maiden flight!

Btw, we do include the Motor&ESC setup guide (which is supplied with the ATLAS ESC) now in every Zs and Hs motor newly produced. We wanted to do that from the beginning, but did not have final specs for the ESC decided in time to add the guide to the motors, which were released first.

Remaining documentation (such as prop data, dimensions, etc) will stay "online only" for a while, as we are adding new motor types and doing more testing, such as Hs motors with small props for speed airplane models.

Thanks again!

David
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Old Sep 06, 2009, 06:37 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,318 Posts
Flew mine 4 more times Sat. KE is really easy with mixing dialed in. I'm working on KE loops now. Great plane. Hope there are more to come.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Old Sep 06, 2009, 08:26 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,875 Posts
Quote:
Remaining documentation (such as prop data, dimensions, etc) will stay "online only" for a while, as we are adding new motor types and doing more testing, such as Hs motors with small props for speed airplane models.
And where is this to be found please??

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 06, 2009, 09:55 PM
Citizen #96
NE Denver, CO
Joined Sep 2007
676 Posts
I couldn't resist. SHOCKER !!! My TS was almost done anyway and I maidened it today sooo.

I tightened up all the covering last night and its as near perfect now as it ever will be. It was pretty damned good out of the box.

I went through the destructions closely and the only question I have right now is re. the mounting lugs for the interwing struts. Just for clarification: somebody said rough them up. I will probably use a grinding stone on my dremel. Also I think someone said to glue these up with the wings attached so that they will find their proper position this way. Does all this sound reasonable?

It does look like the G3 V 5500 6s cell will fit nicely. Hell I was thinking I could probably get a marine gel cell in there.

Steve
Steve Graham is offline Find More Posts by Steve Graham
Old Sep 06, 2009, 11:24 PM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep
And where is this to be found please??

SteveT
This index page is a good one to bookmark:
(see DATASHEETS link)

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/

or you can go to the HYPERION WORLD site and click on any "DOWNLOADS" link: http://hyperion-world.com/

David

PS: I just noticed specs for the Zs4025-16 aren't up yet. That was a slip by staff, and I've emailed to have that corrected tomorrow.
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Last edited by NipponDave; Sep 06, 2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2009, 12:19 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,875 Posts
Hi David...

Thanks..

Oh...and my local hobby shop owner says he knows you and your dad... He is Perry Lee, the owner or Aeromicro, in Santa Clara, CA.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Sep 07, 2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old Sep 07, 2009, 07:59 AM
Laval, Quebec, Canada
Joined Jul 2009
199 Posts
Can anybody confirm if the propeller chart works on Hyperion-world. My comuter will not open it "file damaged"

Thanks
Richard
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2009, 11:10 AM
Joined May 2008
1,506 Posts
Quote:
I couldn't resist. SHOCKER !!! My TS was almost done anyway and I maidened it today sooo.

I tightened up all the covering last night and its as near perfect now as it ever will be. It was pretty damned good out of the box.

I went through the destructions closely and the only question I have right now is re. the mounting lugs for the interwing struts. Just for clarification: somebody said rough them up. I will probably use a grinding stone on my dremel. Also I think someone said to glue these up with the wings attached so that they will find their proper position this way. Does all this sound reasonable?

It does look like the G3 V 5500 6s cell will fit nicely. Hell I was thinking I could probably get a marine gel cell in there.

Steve
I'm kinda' curious as too how everyone else lined up the mounting lugs as well. I know that I probably didn't do mine right, (I glued the lugs in first, then bolted the struts on) but they ended up okay after enlarging the holes in the struts. It was my suggestion that they be bolted together as a unit (lugs and struts) and then glued in so that the bolt holes line up. How did others do them?
Knotnuts is offline Find More Posts by Knotnuts
Old Sep 07, 2009, 11:43 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,875 Posts
Quote:

Steve
Hi Steve...

I'm the one that said to roughen them up, and yes, I used a stone in a Dremel tool, just kind of "bumping" the aluminum pieces multiple times. I'm sure that is a good grade of paint on the lugs, but I don't trust epoxy on paint to hold something that has to help hold a wing on. Of course in all actuality, the wing is held on by the cabane struts, and in alignment by the interplane struts.

Quote:
I'm kinda' curious as too how everyone else lined up the mounting lugs as well. I know that I probably didn't do mine right, (I glued the lugs in first, then bolted the struts on) but they ended up okay after enlarging the holes in the struts. It was my suggestion that they be bolted together as a unit (lugs and struts) and then glued in so that the bolt holes line up. How did others do them?
Hi Knotnuts..

While I have not glued mine in, a good friend of mine has, and he said he had some difficulty after gluing them and then installing the struts. I know that the left rear hole on the bottom wing on my plane is a bit out of alignment, and I will have to deal with that, and them I am going to glue mine in but I will have the struts attached, and I am going to tape off the holes so that no excess epoxy gets all over the place. I am going to use 60 minute epoxy, and have the bottom wing attached, and put epoxy in the holes, insert the lugs (attached to the struts) and the bolt the top wing on too, so all is in alignment. once the epoxy on the bottom wing cures, I will flip it over and follow the same procedure on the top wing.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Sep 07, 2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old Sep 07, 2009, 03:52 PM
Citizen #96
NE Denver, CO
Joined Sep 2007
676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Gareau
Can anybody confirm if the propeller chart works on Hyperion-world. My comuter will not open it "file damaged"

Thanks
Richard
From the All e website click on the zs4025-16 page click for Datasheet and it will take you to the hyperion world page for the -14 motor. There wont be any -16 info but if you click on the prop specs page you will get a prop infor for all the 4025 motors including the -16. Sounds like what you already tried. It works for me.

edit: Nevermind I just saw that Nipondave gave the same info in 2 posts above your last.
Steve Graham is offline Find More Posts by Steve Graham
Old Sep 07, 2009, 04:16 PM
Laval, Quebec, Canada
Joined Jul 2009
199 Posts
and the bolt the top wing on too, so all is in alignment. once the epoxy on the bottom wing cures, I will flip it over and follow the same procedure on the top wing.

SteveT[/QUOTE]

I did not use the top wing when I did the bottom and vice versa. I just bolted the lugs to the bottom of the struts, put a little coat of 30min. epoxy in the appropriate holes in the bottom wing and glued it making sure that the curve of the wing and struts ran perfectly paralel and the Strut was 90 degrees to the wing. Waited for the epoxy to cure, unbolted the struts from the bottom wing logs and repeated the process on the top wing. If the struts are cut out properly you now have the lugs at the perfect place and the struts will correct any warps the wings might have.

Richard
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2009, 04:43 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,318 Posts
On the revie plane I just dry fitted the lugs,checked for alignment, and then epoxied them in. Mine had unthreaded holes that I filled with epoxy.
To assemble at thefield:
1) Stand fuse on nose and attach servo wires and botom wing.
2) Attach interplane struts to top wing
3) Attach top wing to cabane struts (left in fuselage)
4) Attach lower end of aileron pushrods to aileron horns
5) Install battery and fly
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Old Sep 07, 2009, 04:53 PM
Laval, Quebec, Canada
Joined Jul 2009
199 Posts
Thanks M. Corrigan,

PC is 3 weeks old and already have to up grade Adobe reader....
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2009, 09:56 AM
Xtreme Nut
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Joined Oct 2005
2,046 Posts
Nippon Dave ... you have built a great looking plane there. I am so tempted to get one but I have to hold back due to having too many planes! Nonetheless, the Wolf will be in my hangar soon I am sure.

I owned the Hyperion Super Chipmunk and that plane is just lovely. Your motors are good too. Last weekend seen your P51 25E fly and they are so sweet. Saw it crash too (pilot error, he did not secure the ESC signal wire to the RX) and the owner was so so sad.

As for your query for a bipe wing solution, why not go with what Sebart has done for the Ms Wind. Just a few CF rods to hold the wings to the struts and cabanes. Wing removal is a matter or seconds. It seems strong to me, Ms Wind is okay ...

For me, if one cannot spend 5 mins to remove the wings then its best to fly RC on a SIM. Hehehehee ...
tIANcI is offline Find More Posts by tIANcI