Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 11, 2009, 06:05 PM
Physics hate's my ideas
USA, NY, Dunkirk
Joined May 2007
3,913 Posts
Discussion
Newest Swordfish Build and Questions on how to install electronics into pods well

Ok so im working on a better version of my Swordfish design(flying wing DLG) now that i've got the launching down and the approximate CG now im working for lightness and super smoothness/aerodynamic efficiency.

Im planning on doing the following things:
-Nothing sticking out not even control horns
-Control horns will be built into the elevons inside cleverly hiding them
-servos will be inside pod, and the pushrods will also be inside and then there will be guides(straws) built into the airfoil of the wing which the wires will go through.
-battery will be built into wing also flush this is so that i can get the CG right and i can build the smallest pod

attached below are vids of my reccent swordfish models and pics of the one im currently building(just got wing done) i would like some info/pics/tips of the way you guys put servos into pods and how you setup the pushrods. I have a drawing/sketch of what im planning on doing the servos will be basically part of the pods but smooth of course

Best Swordfish Model so far (4 min 0 sec)

45in Swordfish Semi-success (7 min 25 sec)
GreenAce92 is offline Find More Posts by GreenAce92
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:34 PM
Herk
Virginia USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,638 Posts
Ace - in my experience - hiding the pushrods isn't worth it. However it does look really good. Maybe I'm just lazy.
HerkS is online now Find More Posts by HerkS
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:47 PM
Physics hate's my ideas
USA, NY, Dunkirk
Joined May 2007
3,913 Posts
Well im trying to "squeeze" every feet i can for launch height lol, im trying to break 1min of gliding time lol i was at 50with my spartan but the launch height was limited on that bird but it did catch lots of lifts which i tried to stay in but did not work too well too small
GreenAce92 is offline Find More Posts by GreenAce92