HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:08 PM
Joined Aug 2009
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycorax
I don't think it's a matter of price alone, but a matter of quality, service, availability and how it performs in flight to sell these rotorheads.

If you can argue why your's is better than others, you could take even more money than they do. If customers are convinced that they get more, they are willing to pay more.

If you bundle up the head and tails with your fuselages to packages, you could make a special prizing so the head comes down to a prize like the others. People who want to put your heads on other bodies than yours should pay more than those who buy everything from you instead.

Also, you could provide a timely limited ( 3 months to 6 months? ) refund voucher with your bodies, so customers would still benefit, if they decide to buy the heads after building. The effect: The prices show, that the items are of high value, but if somebody buys a lot from you, he gets a good deal for a high value product.

I think the goal should be to sell a head with every body. Nobody will fly these heads without a scale body. Your advantage are your really nice and unusual bodies like SeaKing, Lynx, Mi 24 which require these heads to make them complete.

To lower a price later is easy, to raise it is difficult. So you should try to sell at a high level first if you want to earn some money.
Very well said. Offer quality, and get paid for it.
trickfrog is offline Find More Posts by trickfrog
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2009, 01:21 AM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4
Another vote here for cascade type tail for a 450...I think it would be cool to have one with in-line blades vs. the current DIY versions that can be made
If by in-line blades you mean the blades are in the same plane of rotation, then it's not a cascade type T/R.

Lots of good stuff here for background and terminology:

http://www.runryder.net/helicopter/t392402p1/

The AH-64 Apache has a cascade T/R for two reasons. First is tail authority and the second is acoustic signature reduction to help them quietly kill the targets.

Cheers - Boyd
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:14 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
The Apache tail rotor must be come out !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:26 AM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin
The Apache tail rotor must be come out !
Good news Kin.
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:11 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
I think this topic will be make guys stop breath and make sure what is their christmas grift . The Apache AH-64a are born now ,it can come out in my website next week . Just show a little bit photo for you ,let you time to prepair how to use your money ! Ha Ha !!!!!!! ,I can tell you 600 soze will be the perfect size for this model and we will have our clone 600 next month .So i will make the cost lower in the clone ,so you still have budget to buy a pack peanut for your wife .Ha ha !! The photo is my partner and let you know how the size ,The special import epoxy fuselage is a extremely light and strong .This new import (Huntsman ) top quality resin are very expensive cost , but this for special order only .epoxy order need e-mail /pm me directly .
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:33 AM
Joined Sep 2003
192 Posts
Looks good and I guess it comes unassembled, not a complete single fuselage.

My fren Ong will be very interested, he has been dripping saliva on a AH64 for a very long time. But he same as me, building skills are zero.
Adrianli is offline Find More Posts by Adrianli
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:47 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianli
Looks good and I guess it comes unassembled, not a complete single fuselage.

My fren Ong will be very interested, he has been dripping saliva on a AH64 for a very long time. But he same as me, building skills are zero.
Don't worry for the build skill . it look a lot parts (more than 40 molds ) but all is very fit (cnc make ) ,and a lot optional addition parts can add .it is a very fun and let you chance to show off your skill . No paint kit are welcome .SEE my 90% scale landing gear ! You will love it very very much ! the suspension are work .
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Sep 29, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:02 AM
Scale Hunter
FMT
Joined Nov 2007
97 Posts
That's great news kin! i see this build in the pass month and finaly will be out! yes.... So kin when will i have my shipment?

Skyhunter Hobby
skyhunter357 is offline Find More Posts by skyhunter357
Last edited by skyhunter357; Sep 29, 2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:09 AM
Singapore
Joined Jan 2004
1,831 Posts
Yum Yum on the AH-64!!

As what Adrianli has said, we have one friend who are too eagerly waiting for AH-64 fuselage.

SH
Super_Hornet is offline Find More Posts by Super_Hornet
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:13 AM
Master of turbine fire
Germany, land of inventors
Joined Mar 2005
208 Posts
Hi Kin,
this is a GREAT news ! The right opponent for the Mi24 Hind
( Mine is missing in action since Sep. 15th - no update on the tracking system since )
To have both in the air chasing each other would make up a nice picture.

I would go for an unpainted version, since it's a lot of fun to do the details. By the way, is it possible to change the mechanics from the Mi24 to the AH-64 ?
sycorax is offline Find More Posts by sycorax
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:14 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhunter357
That's great news kin! i see this build in the pass month and finaly will be out yes.... So kin when will i have my shipment?

Skyhunter Hobby
I know you are the first guys in the waiting list ! so you can have soon !
This Hero heli must be to USA first !
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:21 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycorax
Hi Kin,
this is a GREAT news ! The right opponent for the Mi24 Hind
( Mine is missing in action since Sep. 15th - no update on the tracking system since )
To have both in the air chasing each other would make up a nice picture.

I would go for an unpainted version, since it's a lot of fun to do the details. By the way, is it possible to change the mechanics from the Mi24 to the AH-64 ?
Yes !!!!! Kit is included the following item :base complete fribglass full kit and base weapon set and the dummy nose gun , rocket hloder,head sensor ,suspension landing gear ront and rear , The cnc special lower main frame and also belt drive raise tail system , same my passed products , and rubber wheels ,The 40 piece mold are the bigger work load in this model , and the cockpit have 60% space to build your hero pilot in front and the co-pilot . And the small gear box ( optional part ) are highly recommend .The 4 blades rotor head for this model are also offer end Oct . so it can make it very good scale ,but don't forget the X tail rotor are coming too ! So you can think how i can sleep and see my pm record !
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Sep 29, 2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:28 AM
Scale Hunter
FMT
Joined Nov 2007
97 Posts
This will look good with working rocket hehehe!
skyhunter357 is offline Find More Posts by skyhunter357
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:44 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
The American military new airport for this Apache is locate in scaleflying .There will be a lot landing there !
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:57 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,322 Posts
There are other landing airport for the Apache is www.skyhunterhobby.com
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread