SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Jul 22, 2010, 05:47 PM
It should fly at least once
clive45's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,596 Posts
Yeah I know, but it does not take long for the rot to set in.

problem with writing on forums is being able to say exactly what you mean without anyone being to read it differently etc. You have to be very careful in what you right or someone takes offense when you did not mean it that way. I think you also have to look at who said it and are they that sort of person, before you bite back. I prefer to ignore the crap if I can.
There is too many good guys and stuff on the forum to let a few stuff it up.
Just so I don't get misread this is not directed at any particular person on here as I don't know any of you well enough to make any judgment. Lets just enjoy our addiction.
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2010, 06:27 PM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Hoverup's Avatar
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Yeah I know, but it does not take long for the rot to set in.

problem with writing on forums is being able to say exactly what you mean without anyone being to read it differently etc. You have to be very careful in what you right or someone takes offense when you did not mean it that way. I think you also have to look at who said it and are they that sort of person, before you bite back. I prefer to ignore the crap if I can.
There is too many good guys and stuff on the forum to let a few stuff it up.
Just so I don't get misread this is not directed at any particular person on here as I don't know any of you well enough to make any judgment. Lets just enjoy our addiction.
Very astute observation. Back to the miracle men of scale helis .....Kin and Willis.
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Jul 22, 2010, 06:50 PM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Hoverup's Avatar
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Kin - the Blue Thunder movie airframes were both dark blue on all surfaces except the underside of the fuselage which was a textured satin finish black somewhat like a wrinkle finish or camera case finish. The underside was finished in this fashion to add stealth during night operations. i.e. - hard to see This went hand in hand with the "whisper" mode Hollywood wrote into the script. That's what the two big pods on outriggers are on each side of the fuselage just aft of the cabin. My Blue Thunder model that was built by Jack Dunkle of JMD Models has a bright blue finish which is also correct if you use the BT airframe that is sitting in Florida as a tourist attraction. I prefer the darker shade of blue and may sell my BT to get one of the TFModel/SmartModel versions if it's done in the darker blue.

Cheers - Boyd
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Jul 22, 2010, 07:42 PM View Post
trickfrog
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while trickfrog edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:31 PM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Hoverup's Avatar
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickfrog View Post
...........................................I always wondered ...


Back on topic please.


Cheers - Boyd
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Last edited by Hoverup; Jul 27, 2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:49 PM
Registered User
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickfrog View Post

I always wondered why I see so many past posts deleted...
When do you come from? I too have deleted half a dozen posts. What is your point?

Back on to fuselages .... I have been flying pod/booms lately.
1) No build thread of eCobra for Swift 16
2) No good Huey fuselage for 500 class
3) Awaiting Wing Wing 450 B-212 Huey build thread from Sideways
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:21 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2009
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
When do you come from? I too have deleted half a dozen posts. What is your point?

Back on to fuselages .... I have been flying pod/booms lately.
1) No build thread of eCobra for Swift 16
2) No good Huey fuselage for 500 class
3) Awaiting Wing Wing 450 B-212 Huey build thread from Sideways
I really don't come in much at all any more, as I got tired of watching people get jumped on any time H.up didn't agree with them- especially anytime quality issues were brought up....
trickfrog is offline Find More Posts by trickfrog
Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:34 AM
Registered User
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
Yeeee GODS Good night folks!!
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Jul 23, 2010, 07:41 AM
MB-Commander
Minibichus's Avatar
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverup View Post
Anything deleted was done at my own discresion and with no orders from any moderator. It's hell being a white Anglo-Saxon Protestant. No race cards to play

Back on topic please.


Cheers - Boyd
Wow, you pulled the religion one on that one too! Holy war!! LOL.

G.
Minibichus is offline Find More Posts by Minibichus
Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:56 AM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Hoverup's Avatar
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibichus View Post
wow.......................................
:d
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Last edited by Hoverup; Jul 27, 2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 01:54 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2006
8 Posts
Hi,

That old OF-Rotorhead is mine.
We scan it, an Kin will produce it.

I hope it will be nice

But Guys, who wants an EC-Tiger in 1:8 scale ?

After I failed becomming pilot at german Bundeswehr, I want to fly it in smaler size.
1:8 is a perfect size for 710mm Blades.

I want the german UHT, in the Osiris-Sight on top of the Head, I want to install a fpv camera.

Who supports my wish for a big, nice tiger ??

The Mechanic will be a belt-driven mechanic, based on T-Rex 700 with smal dimensions. www.microhelis.de will be the producer

chrisk83 is offline Find More Posts by chrisk83
Old Jul 23, 2010, 02:56 PM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Hoverup's Avatar
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Sounds very tempting to me.
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Jul 24, 2010, 03:08 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2006
8 Posts
Yes, i think it will

I don't know waht is better, one fuselage with different noses, for the UHT/HAP, or 2 different Fuselages, and you choos when you go shopping ?

I like the HAP too, but in Germany only the UHT is flying, so I want the german version.
chrisk83 is offline Find More Posts by chrisk83
Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:55 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2003
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickfrog View Post
I really don't come in much at all any more, as I got tired of watching people get jumped on any time H.up didn't agree with them- especially anytime quality issues were brought up....
+1

Me too.
Adrianli is offline Find More Posts by Adrianli
Old Jul 28, 2010, 07:57 AM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Hoverup's Avatar
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
House keeping done. Back to new TFModel/SmartModel products.
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Trex 450/500/600 and Honeybee King II in same pic anyone? turnbui Micro Helis 0 Mar 15, 2008 10:18 PM
Discussion Looking for a cheap 500-600 size brushless Jupeli Power Systems 33 Mar 02, 2007 05:42 PM
Wanted Inflatable Floats for Trex 450 and 600 size helis ShokWaveRider Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Feb 12, 2007 07:54 PM
Discussion Trex 450 - Trex 600 Size Comparison mrfirkin Mini Helis 3 Aug 26, 2006 09:18 PM
high-rate NiMH button cells Capacity mAh: 120,400,450,500,600 GKP27 Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 2 Jun 21, 2003 06:03 PM