HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Apr 08, 2010, 11:58 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
BTW, off topic -

If anyone is sick of Windows Vista; Windows 7 is hell a lot better. I uninstalled Vista from all my PCs and stay with XP Professional. Just installed Windows 7 last week ..... all drivers were loaded correctly from the start. Found two issues only; 1) CPU usage was extremely high even doing nothing and 2) Firefox stresses CPU too much.

Got both issues fixed, and I am happy with it. Will let it run on the laptop for another month before I switch the desktops OS.

PM me if you want to know more. No more PC here.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2010, 01:15 PM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
You did not like him/her, because he/she was doing his/her job well.
I love my job as cost accounting and industrial engineering for a short time.

I have noticed you were busy cleaning/clearing up for the big ones.
Very true. Design guys always, always want to keep iterating it to make it better. Luckily the cost engineers call a halt, so that the product can be taken to market.

Still lots of things to sell from the hangar including a complete 1/7 scale IndyHelis AH-64A Apache kit with every option and every item to get it in the air. Also a fully optioned,1:5.5 scale, carbon fiber, P-51-D Mustang kit that Wayne Siewart used to sell to Top Gun participants back in the 1990's. And a ton of smaller items that I will offer up to make room.

It's like I need to be on that "Hoarders' TV show. A 45 year collection of RC toys is nearly over whelming. The "Bucket List" age forces one to look at the hoard and say how many of these toys will I get to finish. Reality sets in and some folks get some really good buys on top drawer toys.

Cheers - Boyd
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Apr 08, 2010, 01:47 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
A structure test of the germany epoxy resin of the Alouette -3 .You can know how the quality of the coming models . http://u.youku.com/user_show/uid_smartmodel
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2010, 03:41 PM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
A structure test of the germany epoxy resin of the Alouette -3 .You can know how the quality of the coming models . http://u.youku.com/user_show/uid_smartmodel
Someone is going to report you to the Epoxy Abuse Police Kin.

Looks and sounds mighty tough. Will this epoxy composite technology be used in the new SeaHawk and JayHawk as well as the big Alouette and EC-145?

I would imagine that it also much lighter than your earlier fiberglass fuselages. This should translate directly into longer flight times and more spirited performance for these big models, without increased cost to the customer for motor and ESC upgrades.

Good move on SmartModel/TFModel's part. It just gets better and better with every post.

Cheers - Boyd
Old Apr 08, 2010, 09:17 PM
Sergeant...soon to be :)
Anchorage, AK
Joined Apr 2010
9 Posts
Kin, please empty you PM box. I'm not one to HJ a thread or anything, but I'm getting kinda tired of no response to emails and PMs. I'm going off of what everyone else on this site is saying about Smartmodel/TF Models and assuming you guys are a pretty legit company. Now I don't want to turn this into a bash session, but I think I deserve some clarification, as my patience is wearing very thin. I purchased the 450-size MD500E fuse from you a few weeks back (March 22nd is when you, or some "bandy" character, sent me the email saying you received my order) and still don't have A: the fuselage or B: a parcel tracking number. You sent me a PM two days ago saying that it's being sent out this week. Why so late? I placed the order on March 21st, you got my money the next day and NOW....nearly 3 weeks later your sending my shipment? Please Kin, what is going on? As far as everyone else is concerned, don't take this as a bashing session and please don't assume Smartmodel/TF Models is a "bad" company, just look at everyone elses experiences with them. I just wanna be on the "happy customer bandwagon" is all. A little help is all I'm asking, I really wanna get my fuselage. Thanks
sberge84 is offline Find More Posts by sberge84
Old Apr 09, 2010, 12:55 AM
Switzerland, AG, Strengelbach
Joined Dec 2009
29 Posts
Hello

What is the recommended rotor rotation speed for this 4-blades rotor head for 600 size?

Thank you
wima
wima is offline Find More Posts by wima
Old Apr 09, 2010, 01:21 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2002
862 Posts
Between 1300-1500 rpm head speed.
wilerbee is offline Find More Posts by wilerbee
Old Apr 09, 2010, 01:44 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
Sorry for keep you wait it long time ,but i sure the parcel are going post office this morning i know you have order the Hughes 500 "E" version .This 450 size are produce by order , so we don't have keep stock in factory .The 450 size are very limited production line .because 450 size are no profit in business ,We use same work hour and just little more material cost . but the selling cost in only 80-100 usd , the factory cost +shipping is 26-30 usd ,The factory cost of Hughes are 50-55 usd , So that is the reason why we want give up the 450 size .But we still have some old dealer are selling this size ,so we can not stop all the 450 size in this moment but we only limit the quantity in production line and make by order . But 500/600/700 have in stock and sent anytime ,The Hughes E version are the smoke colour canopy , this canopy is PVC plastic film but it will discontinue and this item will stop .Anyway we are sorry this long wait for this order . I will sent you the tracking today .
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2010, 11:51 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Sorry for keep you wait it long time ,but i sure the parcel are going post office this morning i know you have order the Hughes 500 "E" version .This 450 size are produce by order , so we don't have keep stock in factory .The 450 size are very limited production line .because 450 size are no profit in business ,We use same work hour and just little more material cost . but the selling cost in only 80-100 usd , the factory cost +shipping is 26-30 usd ,The factory cost of Hughes are 50-55 usd , So that is the reason why we want give up the 450 size .But we still have some old dealer are selling this size ,so we can not stop all the 450 size in this moment but we only limit the quantity in production line and make by order . But 500/600/700 have in stock and sent anytime ,The Hughes E version are the smoke colour canopy , this canopy is PVC plastic film but it will discontinue and this item will stop .Anyway we are sorry this long wait for this order . I will sent you the tracking today .
Kin,

You might want to consider putting this message on the 450 size section of your website, "Made to order only - 3 weeks lead time". Or, whatever appropriate lead time is.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 09, 2010, 11:59 AM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,768 Posts
+1 on that
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Apr 09, 2010, 11:57 PM
Anchorage, AK
Joined Apr 2010
9 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Kin for an explanation. Like I said, I'm not trying to bash your company and I wan that to be clear to everyone. I just want to know what's going on with my order and I understand you fellas are pretty busy doing what you do. I got my tracking number but not sure what site to check it on. Maybe you could help me one more time, lol. I appreciate you quick response and look forward to seeing my fuselage. Thanks Kin and please don't take offense to my earlier posts as it was just to clear up my single particular order issue and not meant to mislead others towards your business.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 12:00 AM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,596 Posts
Try this http://app3.hongkongpost.com/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Apr 10, 2010, 01:58 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
Thankyou guys to support Smartmodel .Smartmodel still are green in "on-line shop".Because i have a lot work hour in factory new products (fuselage and cnc parts ) .The website home page are no time upgrade it ,so look not good ! The new production line for all composite aeroplane are staring here . So work load will be more and more . But Bandy help a lot for me in the passed year .So we try our best to offer customer the and quick response and fast sent out order .The cnc parts are lot of order from dealer and it produce good precision and good quality check , so it come out slow .But we can promise the quality .Now the fuselage are super strength and light weight.That is new material from germany epoxy resin so if you get a fuselage (Apache ,Alouette,Bell uh-1 600 AND 800 ,Bo-105 600 ,Jet Ranger 700,J/Sea Hawk 800,EC-145 600 ....in your coming order . that is very good epoxy products .Smartmodel will have a new technology in the scale blades it call MCP " Matel Coating Products ? But now still in testing .I will show you if it successful .
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2010, 07:30 PM
Anchorage, AK
Joined Apr 2010
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Not working I googled EMS, cuz I guess thats what Kin uses, I dunno, but that didn't work either. Kin, what site do I use to check my parcel tracking number? PM if you need
Old Apr 10, 2010, 08:29 PM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberge84 View Post
Not working I googled EMS, cuz I guess thats what Kin uses, I dunno, but that didn't work either. Kin, what site do I use to check my parcel tracking number? PM if you need

Here is my experience, just to give you some perspective. It can take anywhere from 24-48 hours before the HK tracking site you are using will show the package. When it does appear, it most often shows the package departing for the USA. You then can track your goods on the USPS Track and Confirm site most of the way to your door. If the shipment was sent express mail (EMS), then the first two characters of the tracking number will be "EE" and the last two will be "HK".

Hope this helps - Boyd
AMA 80393
IRCHA 3355
Major USAF
Retired
Closed Thread