HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Apr 02, 2010, 11:50 AM
Yorshire. UK
Joined Jul 2006
206 Posts
High Kin, got mine working with cutdown slimmer blades but its took alot of modification, hassle and alot of testing and speed up gears to 7.2x tail ratio.

Trex clone+CX4 bladehead fitted with smartmodels un-weighted narrow scale blades+Heliartist tail fan (2 min 47 sec)

Ha Ha with your scale blades!
Have me to be one of your 1st orders for the Gazelle Kin, I love fenestron heli's and the gazelle was the first ever heli to have fenestron.

Phil
PHIL.H is offline Find More Posts by PHIL.H
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2010, 12:24 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wima View Post
very nice this new ec-145. I'm waiting for the buy now button ;-)
I will post this new model soon in website and now are doing the pricing . But i sure are reasonable price !
kin is online now Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2010, 12:28 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL.H View Post
High Kin, got mine working with cutdown slimmer blades but its took alot of modification, hassle and alot of testing and speed up gears to 7.2x tail ratio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apL0JjhNsks

Ha Ha with your scale blades!
Have me to be one of your 1st orders for the Gazelle Kin, I love fenestron heli's and the gazelle was the first ever heli to have fenestron.

Phil
Ok! mark you in the waiting list already .You also my test pilot, so special offer are sure !
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2010, 01:08 PM
Yorshire. UK
Joined Jul 2006
206 Posts
Very nice and scale looking fenestron Kin! Ha Ha, i like the centre with secret inside print on it

Phil.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 01:38 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,185 Posts
I don't know why no products get even number of the blades number , but i sure they are good performance .He He
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2010, 03:57 PM
Joined Jul 2009
35 Posts
I just found this thread. Read all 102 pages!
I have a couple of questions.
How popular is the Mi24 fuselage? Have many been done? Is it difficult?
Thanks
1340 is offline Find More Posts by 1340
Old Apr 03, 2010, 12:54 AM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1340 View Post
I just found this thread. Read all 102 pages!
I have a couple of questions.
How popular is the Mi24 fuselage? Have many been done? Is it difficult?
Thanks
Use the search function here in the scale forum and your question will be answered.

Cheers - Boyd
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Apr 03, 2010, 11:50 AM
Joined Jul 2009
35 Posts
Alrighty then...
Thanks for the help.
1340 is offline Find More Posts by 1340
Old Apr 03, 2010, 10:35 PM
Joined Dec 2009
29 Posts
E620 Raptor mechs-800 size fuse

Kin and Wilerbee,

Thanks for your answers. Im very happy you are taking the Raptor into consideration. i will wait for a possible solution for a good fit to the 800 size fuse for the E-Raptor.

best regards,

John
john ramos is offline Find More Posts by john ramos
Old Apr 03, 2010, 10:50 PM
Bush Pilots Bounce Higher
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
One word

5 bladed plug-n-play head for 500's

Oops that is more than one word

How about

SOON ?
Spidious is offline Find More Posts by Spidious
Old Apr 04, 2010, 12:02 AM
3D and Scale RC Heli Pilot
Monroe, WA
Joined Jan 2007
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidious View Post
One word

5 bladed plug-n-play head for 500's

Oops that is more than one word

How about

SOON ?
There are only 4 ball links on a stock swash plate.
You need 5 ball links for a 5 blade head.
Therefore, you can not plug-n-play a five blade head!
BlackTitanium is online now Find More Posts by BlackTitanium
Old Apr 04, 2010, 04:35 AM
Yorshire. UK
Joined Jul 2006
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTitanium View Post
There are only 4 ball links on a stock swash plate.
You need 5 ball links for a 5 blade head.
Therefore, you can not plug-n-play a five blade head!
Simple solution to that! they supply swashplate with 5 (link balls) set at 72 degrees apart for 5 blade head included with rotorhead! then its plug n play!, as most scale flyers know that with this smartmodel 500-600 size head it is the design of the link arms from blade grip to swashplate that give the already set 90 degrees swash phasing angle! that is the only reason there is no need for a swash guide/follower to set the phasing angle cleverclogs and the word plug n play in this case is meant to mean no adjusting or tweaking needed once fitted
+ most rotorheads these days do come with the swashplate included, only reason its not supplied is because the rotorhead is a even number of 4 so its not required and it saves cost. All their other rotorheads come complete which is better anyway as this ensures all ball links fit each other, so there is no reason why they cant produce a 5 blade plug n play rotorhead in the near future.
Phil.
Last edited by PHIL.H; Apr 04, 2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old Apr 04, 2010, 09:56 AM
Bush Pilots Bounce Higher
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
Thanks Phil..

Yep as far as I know, Kin will have the swash included with the head at a 72° that I discussed with him a long time ago. So in essence it will be a plug-n-play by just using the included swash plate..Then you won't have to worry about setting the follower, either manually or electronically..

In one word COOL !
Spidious is offline Find More Posts by Spidious
Old Apr 05, 2010, 12:31 PM
Yorshire. UK
Joined Jul 2006
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidious View Post
Thanks Phil..

Yep as far as I know, Kin will have the swash included with the head at a 72° that I discussed with him a long time ago. So in essence it will be a plug-n-play by just using the included swash plate..Then you won't have to worry about setting the follower, either manually or electronically..

In one word COOL !
TOO TRUE! yes this is going to be a very exciting year with whats coming out in very near future. I'm now selling some of my smaller unstarted kits on ebay to fund bigger projects like the gazelle when its released.
When i was in the army in the early 80's i was fortunate to have the experience of being flown in probably every helicopter the western forces where using at the time as i was in a quick deployment heli born division at the time in what was then West Germany mainly being deployed by the chinook on practice excercises.To name a few others i flew in > gazelle, puma, sea king, lynx, jolly green giant which i think was the ch53 or similar and some i cant even remember as i was only in my late teens at the time.

Phil.
Last edited by PHIL.H; Apr 05, 2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old Apr 05, 2010, 02:54 PM
Philadelphia Pa
Joined Aug 2007
287 Posts
Go4milesPa is offline Find More Posts by Go4milesPa
Closed Thread